+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Some exciting news from Ford !!

Some exciting news from Ford !!

Here is a post talking about the announcement from Ford Motor Co yesterday. FORD REVEALS NEW F-150; BRONCO IS BACK; ALL-NEW RANGER COMING TO NORTH AMERICA; COMPANY PRESENTS VISION FOR CITY OF TOMORROW
    Ford reveals new, even tougher, smarter and more capable F-150, featuring segment-first technology, including Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection and Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go, embedded 4G LTE modem, SYNC 3 and B&O PLAY audio
    All-new Ford Ranger midsize pickup truck will be reintroduced to the North American market in 2019
    Rugged all-new Ford Bronco midsize SUV returns in 2020 as a global vehicle; both Bronco and Ranger to be built at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant
    Ford-owned Chariot – the app-based, ride sharing service in San Francisco and Austin, Texas – will expand this year to eight cities, including at least one global city
    Ford presents a vision for the “City of Tomorrow” to inspire innovation and assist cities in solving mobility challenges to help people move more easily today and in the future
    Ford NAIAS 2017: Official Press Conference Livestream

DETROIT, Jan. 9, 2017 – Ford’s expansion to an auto and mobility company gains momentum today, as the company unveils the new F-150 pickup, announces the return of the Ranger pickup in North America and Bronco globally, and presents its vision for the “City of Tomorrow.”

Ford’s news at the North American International Auto Show – including expansion of its Chariot ride-sharing service to eight cities – underscores the company’s drive to strengthen its core automotive business while aggressively expanding in growing mobility services.

“This year, the expansion of our business as an auto and mobility company moves into even higher gear,” said Mark Fields, president and CEO. “We’re introducing even more new vehicles and technologies to make life better for millions of people in the near term, plus we’re presenting a vision and partnering with cities to move more people even more efficiently in the future.”

Today’s news follows other announcements about Ford’s business expansion:

Adding 13 new electrified vehicles and investing $4.5 billion in the next five years, including a hybrid versions of the F-150 and Mustang, two pursuit-rated hybrid police vehicles, a Transit Custom plug-in hybrid, a fully electric small SUV with an estimated range of at least 300 miles and a high-volume, fully autonomous SAE level 4-capable vehicle – with no steering wheel, gas or brake pedal – in commercial operation in 2021 in a ride-hailing or ride-sharing service.

The debut of its next-generation Fusion Hybrid autonomous development vehicle, the next step in Ford’s plan to deliver a fully autonomous vehicle in 2021.

The creation of a City Solutions team to work with major global cities to help solve congestion issues and help people move more easily, today and in the future.
    Ranger and Bronco Return
    Ford is bringing back the Ranger midsize pickup truck to its North American vehicle lineup in 2019 and Bronco midsize SUV to its global vehicle portfolio in 2020. Both vehicles will be manufactured at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan.

“We’ve heard our customers loud and clear. They want a new generation of vehicles that are incredibly capable yet fun to drive,” said Joe Hinrichs, Ford’s president of The Americas. “Ranger is for truck buyers who want an affordable, functional, rugged and maneuverable pickup that’s Built Ford Tough. Bronco will be a no-compromise midsize 4x4 utility for thrill seekers who want to venture way beyond the city.”

Saw it announced on Instagram yesterday, was being posted all over. Very cool
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Thanks for news.
    I also read the detail info on Pickup truck forum:
    http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2017/01...er-bronco.html
    I love one of the Bronco renditions.
    The one on this link:
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/...PlD?li=BBnb4R5

http://blog.caranddriver.com/new-for...c=socialflowFB

Hinrichs confirmed that the 2020 Bronco will be built on the 2019 Ranger’s frame. To recap, the Ranger that will return to the U.S. market in 2019 will be largely based on the mid-size pickup of the same name that’s currently sold in Europe and elsewhere.
    Well that's a disapointment
    -- Ian --

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    I also heard its coming with Four Door's Not a Bronco just another SUV When I lived in Colorado I owned a total of three 78,82,94,loved them all

I believe it was a mistake to drop the Ranger, I've had 2 of them great little pickups....

So basically as I am piecing all the articles together, the new Bronco is going to take the place of the Explorer. I could be reading too much into it, but that's what it sounds like to me. The ranger isn't a surprise, It's basically the revision of the Explorer Sport Trak that never took off because it was a $40K+ small bed pickup.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Imo the recent explorer was an epic fail on fords part...had 2014 was happy the day it became someone else's problem

2008 mustang gt kenne bell blown 610 rwp 540rwt

Loved my 4wd ranger.....

2008 mustang gt kenne bell blown 610 rwp 540rwt

Quote Originally Posted by whtmare View Post
    Imo the recent explorer was an epic fail on fords part...had 2014 was happy the day it became someone else's problem
    LOL what crack are you smoking? I personally love them and can't wait to own one
    -- Ian --

+ Reply to Thread