+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sears sells Craftsman to Stanley Black & Decker

Cool Sears sells Craftsman to Stanley Black & Decker

Interesting to see what'll stay longer term with the Craftsman brand. More than just tools, also things like yard equipment.
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/05/inve...ex.html?iid=EL

This in today's news

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    Interesting to see what'll stay longer term with the Craftsman brand. More than just tools, also things like yard equipment.
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/05/inve...ex.html?iid=EL

This in today's news
    Black and Decker has been making sears power tools.They use to be made by Rigid Tools then Home depot bought Rigid Tools and made it there private label line of tools.
    Black and Decker then took over Sears Power tool line for the Craftsman Brand. I believe they were only involved in the power tools not wrenches etc. Thats a huge part of there income as a brand They also announced that they are closing
    108 K-Marts And 48 sear's stores.People have to have seen this coming The retail businesses are getting killed by internet sales.Kohl's said that they had the worst Holiday season on record.
    Macy's said the same thing all though there internet sales were up 16% over last year.Its a sign of the times I know my self I did all my Christmas shopping on line.
    Why would anyone want to fight there way at the Mall when its so easy on line.

And STANLEY TOOLS also owns DeWalt tools. That deal just a few years ago. Stanley doing well I guess.

Craftsman tools once made in USA, for years are now being made overseas..

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    And STANLEY TOOLS also owns DeWalt tools. That deal just a few years ago. Stanley doing well I guess.

Craftsman tools once made in USA, for years are now being made overseas..
    As far as my choice all my stationary tools are Delta Table Saw, Jointer,Drill Press, Planner,Chop Saw is Dewalt,Radial Arm Saw is Craftsman First big tool I bought.
    All my power hand tools Drills, Router's,Sander's,etc are either Bosch, Porter Cable,Festool,Elu,.Yes they cost more but when it comes to tools you get what you pay for As far as wrenches
    and sockets and screwdrivers they are all pretty much craftsman.And they always would take back a faulty hand tool and replace it no questions asked

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis O'Shea View Post
    As far as my choice all my stationary tools are Delta Table Saw, Jointer,Drill Press, Planner,Chop Saw is Dewalt,Radial Arm Saw is Craftsman First big tool I bought.
    All my power hand tools Drills, Router's,Sander's,etc are either Bosch, Porter Cable,Festool,Elu,.Yes they cost more but when it comes to tools you get what you pay for As far as wrenches
    and sockets and screwdrivers they are all pretty much craftsman.And they always would take back a faulty hand tool and replace it no questions asked
    If I need a quality specialty tool, I ask my son who's a heavy equipment mechanic to get it from his Snap-On or MAC guy. Those vendors also warranty and take back broken tools.

Dennis is right, the writing has been on the wall for Sears for a long time.

It's been a while since I have purchased any hand tools, I am not sure I'd even know where to go anymore besides Lowes or Homedepot since I don't have access to Snap-on or MAC.
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    Dennis is right, the writing has been on the wall for Sears for a long time.

It's been a while since I have purchased any hand tools, I am not sure I'd even know where to go anymore besides Lowes or Home Depot since I don't have access to Snap-on or MAC.
    900Million was the price tag for Stanley Black and Decker They have said that they will expand the availability of the line I wouldn't think it would be Home Depot or Lowes
    They have Rigid and the Kobolt tool lines.I believe they will end up in a lot of Ace Hardware Stores across the country.It Gives Sear's some cash flow but I think the writing is on the wall.

Well the interesting point is Home Depot stocks & sells a whole line of hand tools currently. Hammers, levels screwdrivers etc. But don't know if Stanley sells their own socket type stuff. So Home Depot has much more sales floor space then any ACE store I've been to. Stanley also has big catalog business. See what happens.
    Read more options listed today:

Look for expanded distribution of Craftsman tools through Northern California–based Orchard Supply Hardware, which was owned by Sears from 1996-2012 and sold to Lowe’s in 2013. Orchard Supply currently sells Craftsman tools. Lowe’s is also a prime candidate to sell the full lineup of Craftsman hand and power tools. Other potential outlets to receive an expanded selection of Craftsman tools include Amazon, Walmart, and other regional and national hardware chains.
    Last edited by 390gtconv; 01-06-2017 at 10:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread