+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Electric Mustang?? Get ready for it...........

Electric Mustang?? Get ready for it...........

Some interesting tid-bits in this article:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/news...ump/index.html

The $700 million investment will go to the Flat Rock, Michigan plant to produce more electric and self-driving cars. Ford believes electric vehicles will outsell gas-powered vehicles within the next 15 years.
    Ford is planning to roll out seven new electric vehicles in the next five years, including a Mustang Hybrid
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

So in time, what might this news do to collectable GAS power cars now? Will we live long enough to realize a big jump in collectable car prices?
    Barrett Jackson future auction be real interesting, and others.
    What then happens to price of gasoline as we know it. So called less demand, prices should tank, right???

Even more reason to buy a big ass V8 motor. I understand technology marches on but no electric motor has that sound of a V8,V10, or V12 for that matter !!

Its called progress and by the time it's the only thing available most of us will be a fond memory.Besides I think an all electric would be a real charge in the seat of the pants.

Quote Originally Posted by 07 stang gt View Post
    Even more reason to buy a big ass V8 motor. I understand technology marches on but no electric motor has that sound of a V8,V10, or V12 for that matter !!
    Just like year's ago the Automobile would never take the place of the Horse Its called progress and technology.And I do believe that the majority of the people do not buy a car because of the sound.Who know's they may have a sound bar in it and you can make it what ever
    you want

My personal belief is the internal combustion engine will never go away, the electric segment might gain in popularity but will never become the majority
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    My personal belief is the internal combustion engine will never go away, the electric segment might gain in popularity but will never become the majority
    Agreed.
    Just like when price of gas jumped up, pickup trucks (non-commercial) would have huge sales drop because "most" would go buy a small car. But "with technology" truck sales are the strongest ever, small cars not so much. I need a truck to haul my "big ass gas hog V8 around!!

Nice!!! now we're getting some discussions here!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis O'Shea View Post
    Just like year's ago the Automobile would never take the place of the Horse Its called progress and technology.And I do believe that the majority of the people do not buy a car because of the sound.Who know's they may have a sound bar in it and you can make it what ever
    you want
    Sound bar: A Mustang sporting the scream of a Ferrari V12 would be a hoot, but can't compete with the roar of a V8 IMHO.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

it's already here in one form.....

+ Reply to Thread