+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Fender Wings

New Fender Wings

I ordered a set of fender wings from Billet Pro Shop for my 13 GT500 and I have a question. The product is beautiful and looks great on the car, question is , should I leave them on permanently OR attach them for car shows only ??!! Do I really want people to know how much hp I have, or let them guess when they see my taillights fading in the distance ? I removed the 3M tape they came with on the wings and replaced them with "business card magnets", cut to fit and made to stick to the back of a business cards so the business card sticks to any metal surface. It works perfect, they are super thin magnets, very strong, and you cant see the magnets and would never know they weren't permanently attached. If the magnets are used, they would be used for car shows only, NOT to be driven with them on the car. It's very easy to replace the 3M tape as well if needed. I love they way they look, so, leave them permanently attached or use them for car shows only???
    IMG_3494.JPGIMG_3497.JPGIMG_3498.JPGIMG_3495.JPG

The magnets are a good idea.
    Personally I always lean towards "let 'em guess".
    The 5.8SC badge is probably more important because the earlier Shelbys had a smaller engine.
    Also...
    Horsepower numbers always lead to explanations of how you arrived at that number.
    Displacement is instantly verifiable or understood. No questions.
    2006 Vista Blue GT Deluxe,Dark Charcoal, Manual, 64W Chrome 18" Wheels,Spoiler Delete,IUP Satin, 14A,43A,17L
    Receipt Date- 01/25/06 Produced Date- 03/29/06 Arrival Date--- 04/11/06
    MODS: JLT CAI,SCT dyno tune by Pete, WebElectric sequential tail lights & pony corral, Pypes Violators, Front plate relocation,Hella 500 driving lights instead of fogs,GMS double strut brace & A-arm brace.
    2007 Alloy GT Premium Convertible,Charcoal w/Red Premium Trim Pkg.,Manual,64W wheels,3.55 gears,IUP charcoal.

Wings

I agree let them guess. Use em at shows

It's a toss up, I do think they look pretty cool on the car. So far its a 50/50 split. The little kid in me says "don't put them on", the element of surprise would work, and the grown up 50 year old guy in me says "leave them on" you don't have to race everyone you see !

Leave them off if anyone know about the car at all. They will be pretty much in the ball park about what its putting out.As far as the rest of them are concerned F--k em

HP #'s aside, I think the car just looks cleaner with out them
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Here's a pic of it with the lines of the GT500 stripes on the bottom. I agree on your car where there is no bottom stripe.IMG_3502 (1).JPGIMG_3501.JPGIMG_3503.JPGIMG_3500 (1).JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    HP #'s aside, I think the car just looks cleaner with out them

Quote Originally Posted by 07 stang gt View Post
    Here's a pic of it with the lines of the GT500 stripes on the bottom. I agree on your car where there is no bottom stripe.Attachment 3639Attachment 3640Attachment 3641Attachment 3642
    Leave them off like Ian said the car looks cleaner.The Stripe makes it look busy enough "CLEAN & MEAN"

I agree with Dennis and Ian. I think it detracts from the Cobra, which looks mean enough! As you know, I like little touches of personalization, but somehow this one just doesn't do it for me.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by ToplessPony94 View Post
    I agree with Dennis and Ian. I think it detracts from the Cobra, which looks mean enough! As you know, I like little touches of personalization, but somehow this one just doesn't do it for me.
    HOLY S__T BATMAN the moderator agree's with me.It must really be the Holiday Season

+ Reply to Thread