+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Putnam CT "MAIN STREET CAR CRUZ" 8/14/16

Putnam CT "MAIN STREET CAR CRUZ" 8/14/16

Any folks wanna enjoy the weather to Putnam CT, short trips just over Mass border.
    http://www.winyradio.com/heres-whats-happening/
    Show listed half way down to page.
    This is an annual event my son Chris (who lives in CT) has been to couple times and says it's a great car show.
    Like the upcoming "cruz downtown Manchester" show, Putnam closes their main street to just show cars.

Easy to get to, 495, 290, turns into 395, there...

I'm gonna go this year and take my '67 vert.
    Just thought I'd pass along.
    Show also list in part from this link too:
    http://tri-statecruisers.com/events.php

Looks like a cool show - I'd consider it. Anyone else going? Leaving at what time? If I know you George you're leaving for it at 5AM!
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Quote Originally Posted by ToplessPony94 View Post
    Looks like a cool show - I'd consider it. Anyone else going? Leaving at what time? If I know you George you're leaving for it at 5AM!
    Bruce since my son lives 20 min south of there in Plainfield, I'll be coming up from his house. Trailer it down Sat, drive to show.He's excited because he's gonna take his '90 LX 5.0 notch out. A car that was recently listed as future "very collectable". Hasn't taken it out in couple years. He said if weather good, be a great show to see all kinds of different cars.

Jay and I are seriously thinking about going to this. Anyone else want to come along? It seems like they regularly get 2000+ cars at this and there's no registration fee. Weather looks a bit iffy at the moment, but it's still 5 days off...
    Last edited by ToplessPony94; 08-10-2016 at 11:40 AM.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

If scattered showers hold off until night time, I'm going with son Chris. He said lots of shows also around the area. I like seeing diff collection of cars. Mine is cleaned, ready to go.
    If weather a no go, rain date following Sunday 8/21

My brother in-law Art and his son may go with his '67 Shelby
    Last edited by 390gtconv; 08-10-2016 at 11:36 AM.

For the few thinking of going to Cruz main street Sunday.
    Just read this on radio station's web page:

MAIN STREET CAR CRUISE UPDATE:

The Main Street Car Cruise is ON for this Sunday, August 14th in downtown Putnam. IF weather is a factor, the call to postpone will be made at 5 a.m. the day of the show and we’ll notify you on this page and on WINY radio 1350 a.m.
    http://www.winyradio.com/heres-whats-happening/

DETAILS WORTH SHARING:

MAIN STREET CAR CRUISE:

Downtown Putnam, CT – Sunday, August 14th 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
    Registration opens at 8 a.m.
    It’s FREE to show your car or motorcycle and it’s FREE for spectators

Thanks for that link, George!
    Bruce

Weather is not looking promising for the drive down...
    Bruce

I wish weather forecast was just saying 100% rain. Then we don't have a wait and see.. I'd go rain date of next week if need be.. I need to plan starting from Sat as I'd be trailering to my son's

Sat morning, Bruce just watched 3 tv forecast. From Worcester south weather is sunny and nice. Just confirmed that with my son in CT.
    Forecast is weather from moves back up from tonight. So southern New England tomorrow will be sunny and hot. just maybe chance afternoon showers. So I'm going to go!!!. Leaving for CT this afternoon. So we can be at show early am.
    Bruce & Jay, hope to see ya there.

+ Reply to Thread