+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A 2016 Stang GT STOMPS a Hellcat

Cool A 2016 Stang GT STOMPS a Hellcat

Anyone else see this today?
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthu...RZz9?ocid=iehp

Now I've read that a Hellcat was a straight line fast car, not so on a road course.

Would a 2016 GT Roush exceed at both?

Hot damn! Almost enough to make me wish I didn't love my own car so much!

If I was buying a new GT right now, I know where my pennies would go!
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

The car has big HP as we all know but it also has a lot of weight.I believe it around 4700lbs thats almost a grand more than the Mustang so it shouldn't any real surprise.
    The 66 Shelby GT 350 would also kick it on a road course Its like taking a gt 500 and putting it up against a little 66 Shelby Gt 350 on a road course I'll take the 350 all day long again its a weight and ride height issue
    I watched that happen all weekend long a couple of years ago at Watkins Glenn.I had a chance to talk to Gary Patterson vp for Shelby he was racing 08 Shelby GT 350 and I asked him why the 66,s were so dominant.He said weight they sit much lower and there just made for the road course experience
    Last edited by Dennis O'Shea; 05-17-2016 at 06:53 AM.

misleading article...... "Watson told The Drive that many cars sticker between $45,000 and $60,000, between factory option packages, Roush performance upgrades, or styling enhancements."
    60K for a mustang with a blower, basic fuel mods and a canned tune is excessive, but I can see the appeal total package.

Hat's off to the dealer for getting buyers in the door, that's a hell of a package that's hard to not pay attention to.
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

It's times like these where I ponder if I have learned enough from CSI type shows to pull off a bank heist.....
    It's alive... it's ALIIIIVVVVEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread