+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best product to use for tires?

Best product to use for tires?

Hi all,
    I've had a hard time finding a good tire dressing to make my tires look "show ready"...none of the products I use bought off the shelf seem to work very well or last. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    2014 GT Premium Convertible**triple black** Special ordered 3/13, delivery 7/13/Pony interior/20" Foose staggered wheels/K&N Blackhawk cold air intake/black halo foglights/Ford racing exhaust

Do you like your tired shiny or just the normal tire black? That I think makes a big difference.
    If you like them shiny, I don't have any advice for you. I personally don't like them shiny because they are impossible to keep them that way.
    If you just want them to look clean and normal rubber black I just used some stuff this season that you spray on, it foams and walk away and it looks great. Unfortunately its in my trunk, and my car is not where I am right now. But if you want me to look it up I can get it to you tomorrow night.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Best I have found for shiny is Long Lasting Tire Dressing from Griot's Garage. I don't have a problem with the shine lasting - I do my tires 2 maybe 3 times all season - usually before a major show. I also never get any sling of the stuff onto the fenders (as I do with every other one I've tried except tire foam) as long as I do it a few hours before driving it. Be sure to get the applicator tool that Griot's sells for it if you decide to try it - it's a real pain to apply properly without the tool. With the tool you're done in about 1 minute per tire. (But then, of course, you need to clean the tool...)
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

I use and sell 2 different types of tire shine products for tires by Adams Premium Car Care. One is called Tire Shine and the other is call Super VRT. Tire Shine is used for tires only and has a higher gloss to it, but can be knocked down if you want less shine, the other, Super VRT is a little more versital and can be used on tires, plastic trim, hoses, etc.NO SLING from either product, and NO GREASY FEEL on your fingers or to the tires either. You can look at any of my detail pics under " detailing" on this forum so you can see some pics of thires I have done with both products. You are more than welcome to come to my house and try both products before you buy them and see what works best for you. My prices are the same as on their webite except no shipping charges and you can get it tonight if you want !!!Let me know if I can help. My cell # for my detailing business is 603-819-1549.

+1 for the non-shiny stuff. Personally, I use a good tire cleaner gets them clean and black -- with kind of a semi-gloss. But like Todd, my detail kit is not where I am.

Also, Jimmy's stuff from Adams looks amazing too, but is glossier.
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

So I just looked. I used No Touch. I believe that I did get it at AutoZone. But I have used others and it always left a film under the tires after. This one did not (or it could be I wised up and put card board under the tires she I did it). Left a nice natural rubber look, and best of all, no scrubbing or prep work. Just sprayed it, I think the first time I applied it twice.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Thanks all for the great info, definitely looking for a glossier look so will look into the Adams Tire Shine or Griots!
    2014 GT Premium Convertible**triple black** Special ordered 3/13, delivery 7/13/Pony interior/20" Foose staggered wheels/K&N Blackhawk cold air intake/black halo foglights/Ford racing exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by jedikat View Post
    Thanks all for the great info, definitely looking for a glossier look so will look into the Adams Tire Shine or Griots!
    Like I mentioned, I have both Adams products, try it first, then decide whats best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 07 stang gt View Post
    Like I mentioned, I have both Adams products, try it first, then decide whats best for you.
    Definitely interested in trying them...I have a really busy schedule but I'll try to get in touch with you soon, best to contact you on the cell# above?

Quote Originally Posted by jedikat View Post
    Definitely interested in trying them...I have a really busy schedule but I'll try to get in touch with you soon, best to contact you on the cell# above?
    Yes that # will work. If I am in your area I can stop by as well with both products, or swing over anytime and we can try both and you can see what works best for you.

+ Reply to Thread