+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tilton Veterans Home Cruise Night 2015

Exclamation Tilton Veterans Home Cruise Night 2015

This show/cruise night is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 6, from 6 to 8 p.m. I will attend if I possibly can.

Last year was my first time there and it was a wonderful and satisfying experience. This is a show where we sort of bring the show to the spectators. The show is at the Veterans Home and the veterans love it. This is a great way to give something back in a small way to those who protected our freedom. If anyone else wants to participate, we could have a meet-up somewhere and cruise in together. There is no entry fee - just bring your car, have a great time and give some vets a night to enjoy and remember.

New Hampshire Veterans Home, 139 Winter St., Tilton, NH.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Damn, Not going to be able to make this one this year. Taking the next week off. Doubt I can take any more time off to go. I'll see if the case load is a little quiet at that time, but probably not.
    I will agree with Bruce, if you haven't been its a must try to go. The looks of the vets there is just amazing. They all appreciate the cars and you being there.
    I for one HATE being around my car during shows, this show I hated walking away!!
    Try to make this one!
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Yes, Todd. My fondest memory from last year was the WWII vet who stopped to talk about my car. He was asking questions and I picked up my build book to show him a few pictures of the work we were discussing. He spotted the picture of my car with a B-25 (from Wings & Wheels 2013) and the tears just rolled down his cheeks and he began telling me stories of when he flew B-25s in the war. The stories were fascinating to me and it was obvious he really enjoyed having someone willing to listen to them.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Thanks for posting the date Bruce, that show is my favorite to attend, unfortunately this year I will probably not make it. It sure is one that tugs at your heartstrings and gives ya a nice warm feeling interacting with the residents of the facility. Enjoy......068.JPG

Thanks for posting the date Bruce, that show is my favorite to attend, unfortunately this year I will probably not make it. It sure is one that tugs at your heartstrings and gives ya a nice warm feeling interacting with the residents of the facility. I've attached one of favorite photos from the show, one can only imagine what thoughts are going through this gentleman's mind. The hand on the fender seals the deal. I got a copy of this to the car owner... Enjoy......Attachment 2925

Thanks Bruce.....I've been wanting to go to this one for 3 years now. Hopefully this will be the year to make it.
    SVT COBRA

Bruce

I want to go, and right now, cant see any reason why I wouldnt be able to !!

OK, folks - this is a week away of Aug 6th - Thursday next week.

Jay and I will be cruising up from Hudson. Anyone interested in joining us???

It's a really good time; see previous posts.
    Bruce

Not able to make it this year. On vacation starting the next night, and I work until 8pm on Thursday. I should watch that date next year and plan my vacation so I'm already up there for that show.
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

+ Reply to Thread