+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Never Forget".. Magnetic 911 trunk lid cover

Hybrid View

"Never Forget".. Magnetic 911 trunk lid cover

For those that might remember me I have always had the magnetic 911 trunk lid cover on my Mustang. Over the years it has gotten tons of attention and I can't count the number of place pictures of it have shown up....not the car just the trunk... Anyway time and the elements have finally done it in and when I started looking for a replacement I discovered they haven't been produced in a few years now.

I found the gentleman on ebay that had originally sold them and he told me they didn't go over as big as he had thought they would so he stopped
    making them.

After a few emails and explaining what the tribute meant to me (yes I begged) he has agreed to make a few more for the 05-09 and the 10-12 model years. I believe it will be 10 of each.

He has told me I can have any amount I want prior to him placing them on ebay. If anyone has ever wanted one of these this is probably the last time they will be offered.

I would be willing to get and pay for them if your interested. As of this writing I don't have a price but will update ASAP.

I tried posting this on Facebook but for some reason it appeared I didn't have access to post.

Post a picture if you can of the cover

Not my car but the same cover.
    Ner Forget.jpg

That's great that he's going to make another production run.
    I have to say that it's a great looking piece, I've seen your car at shows and cruises many times, and I never knew it was a magnetic sheet, i thought it was paint or a decal!
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Thanks for the compliment. He does an awesome job with them. Hopefully the few he is making will sell fast and he'll give some consideration to making more of them....perhaps for the 15.

That is really COOL! Im interested. You run the car down the highway with that on and it does not blow off?
    2007 Mustang GT Premium -- 18" gunmetal grey wheels | w/Staggered Tires | Hurst short throw shifter | JBA high flow cats and performance mufflers | JBA chrome tips | JLT intake | Shifting Light | Halo Lights | Cervini Ram Air Hood | Black Billet Fuel Door | Black Billet Pony & GT Emblem | Front Chin Spoiler | Red Strut Tower Brace | Intake Plenum Manifold/Throttle Cover-Hydrocarbon | Tuned with Bama X4/SF4 Tuner | Roof Spoiler | Eleanor-Style & Side Scoops | Gen5 Tail Lights

Never had a problem. Go through the car wash with it on and it has never come off. Quality workmanship..

Quote Originally Posted by NanasMustang View Post
    Never had a problem. Go through the car wash with it on and it has never come off. Quality workmanship..
    A car wash, just say NO !! How much are the covers ?

Last time I asked he was waiting for a quote from the printer but expected the final price, including shipping, to be about $40.

Quote Originally Posted by NanasMustang View Post
    Last time I asked he was waiting for a quote from the printer but expected the final price, including shipping, to be about $40.
    That's very reasonable! I wish the rear of a 94 was conducive to something like this - I'd do it!
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

+ Reply to Thread