View Poll Results: Which cars have th eworst drivers?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • BMW

    1 50.00%
  • Audi

    0 0%
  • Mercedes

    1 50.00%
  • Infinities

    0 0%
  • Acura

    0 0%
  • Prius

    0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: What does a car say about it's driver?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Jibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,049

    What does a car say about it's driver?

    Ever notice that people with particular cars have some sort of "arrogance" about how they drive their cars?

    Driving for work I have seen alot of activity on the roads (65k miles in 18 monthes) so I feel I have a good vantage point to call out some of these car models and those that drive them. Let me state that this is NOT A SCIENTIFIC study as I'm sure Bruce and George will want some facts or article from MSN about it......

    People with BMW's, Audis, Mercedes, Infinities, and Acuras drive like tools.


    What say you?
    SVT COBRA

  2. #2
    Moderator ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hudson, NH
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    I'm sure Bruce and George will want some facts or article from MSN about it......

    People with BMW's, Audis, Mercedes, Infinities, and Acuras drive like tools.
    I won't bother with studies and facts. All it takes is a ski rack to make for a bad driver! People with ski racks think they're invincible in the winter.

    Can't vote in your poll because my choice isn't there. Every VW GTI I see seems to be driven by a maniac with a death wish.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

  3. #3
    Senior Member 390gtconv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chester, NH
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    Ever notice that people with particular cars have some sort of "arrogance" about how they drive their cars?

    Driving for work I have seen alot of activity on the roads (65k miles in 18 monthes) so I feel I have a good vantage point to call out some of these car models and those that drive them. Let me state that this is NOT A SCIENTIFIC study as I'm sure Bruce and George will want some facts or article from MSN about it......

    People with BMW's, Audis, Mercedes, Infinities, and Acuras drive like tools.


    What say you?
    Kev, ..... you're on fire today. You just come down from a mountain with no civilization? I just hope you keep your car and drive it this year so we can judge your driving!!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member TorchredSVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chelmsford, MA
    Posts
    1,294
    BMW drivers are hands down the worst

    although damn those Prius drivers too
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

  5. #5
    Senior Member 390gtconv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chester, NH
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    BMW drivers are hands down the worst

    although damn those Prius drivers too
    Yea, I sometimes think these cars are sold with optional turn signals & most don't buy them, 'cause they never use 'em!

  6. #6
    Administrator SVT10th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    974
    If I had to pick one group -- it would be "tuner" drivers. Doesn't matter what brand, ass soon as you put a tuner wing on and and chop a couple of coils out of your springs, you apparently forget how to drive. (The exception seems to be people with "real" tuners, who seem to be just like us Mustang people -- don't really need to prove anything.)

    And (sorry Bruce) Prius owners who "hyper-mile" and treat their average mpg meter like some sort of "I'm Special" award.
    (At one point I was gonna get a license plate frame that said "My Cobra burns the gas your Prius saves")
    ---
    Jim

    1990 Twilight Blue Mustang GT Convertible

    GT40 Tubular upper and lower intake, GT40 heads, Trickflow Stage One cam,
    BBK 70mm Throttle Body, 24lb Injectors, Silver Fox Transmission AOD SPT-1 Valve Body,
    Headers, O/R H pipe, Flowmasters.
    Dyno July 2016 - 253 RWHP / 293 RWTQ

    Also in the stable:
    2007 Silver Mercedes C280 4Matic
    Sold (2015): Black 10th Anniversary Cobra #353

  7. #7
    Moderator ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hudson, NH
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    And (sorry Bruce) Prius owners who "hyper-mile" and treat their average mpg meter like some sort of "I'm Special" award.
    No offense taken. I'm not a hyper-miler and they bug me as much as they bug you, whether I'm in the Stang or the Prius. I did it a couple of times just to prove I could get over 50mpg out of it, but that was enough for me.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

  8. #8
    Junior Member EL1NOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Chester, NH
    Posts
    8
    Don't forget Subaru Wagon's.. never once seen one that wasn't doing 5 below the speed limit in the fast lane on the highway or riding their brakes 5 below during commuter hours with a train of cars behind it.
    1967 Mustang fastback (movie-accurate Eleanor)
    1967 Mustang coupe (6-cyl/3-spd) - SOLD
    1968 Mustang convertible (302/C4) - SOLD

  9. #9
    Moderator ToplessPony94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hudson, NH
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by EL1NOR View Post
    Don't forget Subaru Wagon's.. never once seen one that wasn't doing 5 below the speed limit in the fast lane on the highway or riding their brakes 5 below during commuter hours with a train of cars behind it.
    LOL! You need to be behind my wife! 2008 Forester, always drives 5-10 over the limit and hates to be in the left lane. If she hogs anything it's the middle lane!
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts