+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BBK shorty' with BBK catted x-pipe

BBK shorty' with BBK catted x-pipe

I currently have Borla ATAK cat back system and would like to get rid of the stock manifold and h-pipe.
    Looking at getting the BBK Shorty Headers w/ BBK Catted X-Pipe. Installation will be done professionally by a custom car builder.

Need to know if anyone has this setup?
    What is your experience?
    Any good gains?
    Big concern, passing emissions tests: Any issues here?

Well, my 94 is older than yours with an old pushrod engine. I have BBK equal length ceramic shorties on mine with a stainless Catco x-pipe with freeflow cats and a Borla cat-back. That netted me about 30hp combined with a nice CAI, 75mm TB and a TrickFlow plenum. Can't say much about emissions since I'm pre-96, but my car is way cleaner now that it ever was when it left the factory (once the system goes closed-loop). For my money, nothing sounds like a Borla on the old 5.0. Can't say for the mod motors.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

The catted x-pipes state that they're not legal for use in California or any state that has adopted California emissions standards.
    So I'm not sure if NH has CA standards... I'd hate to spend the money (parts & labor) and find out I can't pass an inspection.
    Any 05-14 guys running these???

+ Reply to Thread