+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Roads

Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    In past years I've pulled the car out about now and have taken it out for a quick spin around my neighborhood. Haha.
    Not this year! I'll be lucky to have it out by April or May! Also, I Need some work done to it too before it gets going..... Oh well.
    You'll be able to take it out in time for YELLOW CLASS @ Carlisle.... IF you were going!!!

In past years I've pulled the car out about now and have taken it out for a quick spin around my neighborhood. Haha.
    Not this year! I'll be lucky to have it out by April or May! Also, I Need some work done to it too before it gets going..... Oh well.
    that makes two of us on all fronts......going to be a while before I even bother to start it.
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    You'll be able to take it out in time for YELLOW CLASS @ Carlisle.... IF you were going!!!
    Haha. I just don't see the need to get down there this year. Don't mis understand me....It was a blast 2 years in a row attending this, but there are plenty of events still up here in the Northeast that I have yet to attend.
    SVT COBRA

Haha. I just don't see the need to get down there this year. Don't mis understand me....It was a blast 2 years in a row attending this, but there are plenty of events still up here in the Northeast that I have yet to attend.
    Are you still concerned about "mileage watching"?

With over 3,500 cars at Calisle, I love seeing the veriety and what others are doing. Plus a mini vaca to do just car stuff.
    To each his/her own.

With over 3,500 cars at Calisle, I love seeing the veriety and what others are doing. Plus a mini vaca to do just car stuff.
    To each his/her own.
    Me, too, and I'll be there again this year. I'm glad I took my car down last year, but I actually had more fun when I didn't bring my car and have to worry about it. Looking forward to just going and enjoying without my car this year. Maybe I'd feel differently if I could trailer it like you, but that's not an option for me.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Are you still concerned about "mileage watching"?

To each his/her own.
    Don't talk to me about "mileage watching"..... I've driven more miles over the past 5 years with my car than most of you here on this forum have... Especially, you George!!!

Yeah, I get the whole mini vaca thing.....just cars.....the variety..... As I said, it was a ton of fun the past two years. AND I WILL go back in a year or two....Just not this year.

*****How did a post about the roads get into a discussion about Carlisle? Haha*******
    SVT COBRA

Don't talk to me about "mileage watching"..... I've driven more miles over the past 5 years with my car than most of you here on this forum have... Especially, you George!!!

Yeah, I get the whole mini vaca thing.....just cars.....the variety..... As I said, it was a ton of fun the past two years. AND I WILL go back in a year or two....Just not this year.

*****How did a post about the roads get into a discussion about Carlisle? Haha*******
    Last thing first, you have to drive on the roads to get to Carlisle. The anticipation of nicer days to come beyond sucky roads.

Now mileage, Remember this you said:

Fortunately or Unfortunately there are a few factors that come into play.

1. I Might have a buyer for my car. We have 27k on the table but i'm asking him for 30..... We'll see how that unfolds. I know 27k is strong number but I'm not in any rush to sell and I still like the car. But at 30 I can like another car too. haha.
    2. Got Hagertys insurance this year with a agreed upon "not to exceed 3000 miles a year" I'm getting close to that number due to drive to Carlisle in June.
    3. with the above stated..... I have one more event planned this year. I currently plan on heading up to the Littleton NH show on 9/28. That will pretty much be the end of my year with the car. Normally don't do anything in October.... but if Littleton show gets cancelled due to rain I will most likely do something then.

So who was holding back on mileage last year??? Hmmmm
    I drive my car where ever, when ever, I don't watch mileage, with my Hagerty I don't have to. Last couple years limited because I yanked out my transmission and rebuilt it myself. Plus now working an extend hr 2nd shift, can't make most shows during week. But didn't cut my driving season short like you did last year.....

I just wanted to know opinions on the road conditions. I guess this thread has been jacked.If I had done this the Moderator would have been all over this in this situation very quickly.But in Georges case he "Knows People"Thats the difference.I thought there was a thread started for Carlisle .I could be wrong lord knows it been pointed on more than one occasion.

YEEESSSSSSSS

-- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Haha. Sorry Dennis.
    Nice picture Ian.

George is full of shit. He completely ignores the factual comment i made about miles driven over the past 5 years because he knows that he can't come close to me.
    Isnt that the point. Why bring up comments that I've made in the past. Even though I still stand by them... Georges arguement doesn't hold water.
    SVT COBRA

+ Reply to Thread