+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Roads

The Roads

I know it's been the winter from hell.But is it just me it seems early for the streets to start breaking up with pot holes.Yes there is a million frost heaves on the road as usual.And the plow have been on the roads way more than usual.We all have said once the salt and sand are gone or washed away.Thats when the car's come out looking at the condition's of the roads it may be longer than that.Is it just me over reacting ?

Meh. Mother nature's slalom course.

I think that usually happens around the first of March. The frost heaves usually begin in mid_February and the plows start mangling them about now. I think the timing is about normal, but the frost heaves are worst this year so the mangle factor is correspondingly worse.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Any locla trucking over frost heaves will destroy roads. Some roads will post limits but.... not gonna save much. Benn soooo cold, I'm sure frost line runs deep. I'm more concerned about spring run off.

its becuase of the extreme winter we have had

Today is the second day in about two months where its been above freezing, let alone 40 degree's...combine that with the snow pack, its going to take an extreme measure on road surfaces.

Expect more of the same over the next ten days as the temps start to creep closer to 40's and the sun gains strength. It's a sign of hope gents
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

I'm looking further out and hoping most all the bugs are very dead like ticks, May flies, and mosquitoes from the extreme cold.

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    I'm looking further out and hoping most all the bugs are very dead like ticks, May flies, and mosquitoes from the extreme cold.

usually only affects the insects when it starts getting warmer so they start their spring lifecycle and then we get a good solid freeze for several days.
    The if the snowmelt results in flooding plus we have a typical wet spring, the mosquitos and ticks are going to be horrendous this year.
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

yea to bad lots of water. Black flies need running water while mosquitoes need sitting water to thrieve.

In past years I've pulled the car out about now and have taken it out for a quick spin around my neighborhood. Haha.
    Not this year! I'll be lucky to have it out by April or May! Also, I Need some work done to it too before it gets going..... Oh well.
    SVT COBRA

[QUOTE=Jibber;11883]In past years I've pulled the car out about now and have taken it out for a quick spin around my neighborhood. Haha.
    Not this year! I'll be lucky to have it out by April or May! Also, I Need some work done to it too before it gets going..... Oh well.[/QUOT

CHANGE THE COLOR?

+ Reply to Thread