+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need a new convertible top for my '94

Hybrid View

Need a new convertible top for my '94

My '94 is ready for a new convertible top, could anyone recommend a good shop in the Nashua area? I am also
    interested in replacing the NON rear defrost glass window with one with a rear defrost and adding the switch to the
    dashboard.. Has anyone ever done that too?

Thanks
    Royce

Just put a new top on my '94 this year. The shop that did it said mine was the last one they are doing, the owner is going to scale back his operation. You can check it out in case he has had a change of heart, it's American Auto Seat Cover on D Street in Nashua.
    If that doesn't work you would probably have good luck at Superior Interiors in Hookset.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Comire View Post
    The shop that did it said mine was the last one they are doing, the owner is going to scale back his operation. You can check it out in case he has had a change of heart, it's American Auto Seat Cover on D Street in Nashua.
    I am also desperate to know if he will do yours, as I am hoping to do mine this winter as well and would love to get it done there! Please post what he says if you check with him.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Sherman is the man , he took care of everything when he did my top .
    Barry ~~AKA~~ B
    2001 Saleen S281 Convertible ~ True Blue Metallic # 614
    KB Supercharged ~385 rwhp / 394 rwtq @ 10psi
    1/4 Mile Time : 12.91 @107.67

+1 American in Nashua also did my top ~ 10 yrs ago. Still good. in part it's how you treat it after it's installed. For my 67 I insisted on a Robbins top.

Sherman Packard in Londonderry was who President Rick recommended for my '90 GT's top... He's done several cars for club members and is well known in the hot rod community. He did a rear window-panel replacement for mine only a month or so ago. I will probably have him do the rest next summer.
    He works out of his garage and does fantastic work.
    no website or anything, just call and and ask for him -- 603-432-3391 (home #)
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    Sherman Packard in Londonderry was who President Rick recommended for my '90 GT's top... He's done several cars for club members and is well known in the hot rod community. He did a rear window-panel replacement for mine only a month or so ago. I will probably have him do the rest next summer.
    He works out of his garage and does fantastic work.
    no website or anything, just call and and ask for him -- 603-432-3391 (home #)
    +1 ,Sherman did my top last year, did an awesome job for a great price !
    Barry ~~AKA~~ B
    2001 Saleen S281 Convertible ~ True Blue Metallic # 614
    KB Supercharged ~385 rwhp / 394 rwtq @ 10psi
    1/4 Mile Time : 12.91 @107.67

Now you can compare prices of both. And some of their work.

I stopped at American Auto Seat Cover yesterday and spoke with both Bob and Ben.. Bob was working on what he said was his last convertible job (a red Pontiac) as he is closing his shop and both Bob and Ben are retiring.

I'll contact either Sherman Packard or someone said there is a place in Lowell that does tops..

Thanks
    Royce

Wow. Thanks for that update. Guess we won't name drop them anymore.

+ Reply to Thread