+ Reply to Thread

Thread: !st testy drive in 2015 Mustang GT

!st testy drive in 2015 Mustang GT

Had a chance to drive the new Mustang GT the other day, WOW. Lots of power, beautiful interior, very nice ride, and much better in person than in pics. The interior materials are of very high quality and a very nice layout of the gauges.The "ground speed" script on the speedo is a pretty cool touch.Very modern is the best way to explain it. Everything flows inside and out, body panels all the way to the really cool splitter in the rear. Very nice sound to the exhaust as well, shifter is quick and smooth, to engage it in reverse, you have to pull up on a knob on the shifter and put in the same position as first gear, that was different, but it shifts nice. Lots of power as well, you can feel all of the 440 HP !! It does not have that "raw" feel of my 07, probably because of all the aftermarket stuff on my car, but it still screams Mustang. The aftermarket companys will have a field day with this new design! Overall, very impressed !!

very cool, you are the first person i know to have driven one
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Quote Originally Posted by 07 stang gt View Post
    Had a chance to drive the new Mustang GT the other day, WOW. Lots of power, beautiful interior, very nice ride, and much better in person than in pics. The interior materials are of very high quality and a very nice layout of the gauges.The "ground speed" script on the speedo is a pretty cool touch.Very modern is the best way to explain it. Everything flows inside and out, body panels all the way to the really cool splitter in the rear. Very nice sound to the exhaust as well, shifter is quick and smooth, to engage it in reverse, you have to pull up on a knob on the shifter and put in the same position as first gear, that was different, but it shifts nice. Lots of power as well, you can feel all of the 440 HP !! It does not have that "raw" feel of my 07, probably because of all the aftermarket stuff on my car, but it still screams Mustang. The aftermarket companys will have a field day with this new design! Overall, very impressed !!
    Should we start a pool on the first reported accident where someone punches it forward into a wall, thinking that they were BACKING out of a space?
    Maybe it's more intuitive than it sounds, but it sounds idiotic.

//not that it would stop me from buying one -- I love this new design....
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    Should we start a pool on the first reported accident where someone punches it forward into a wall, thinking that they were BACKING out of a space?
    Maybe it's more intuitive than it sounds, but it sounds idiotic.
    That was my thought, too. Sounds stupid, at least on the surface. Maybe should have been overlaid in 6th where it would either stall or do little damage? Into a wall with 440hp in first gear? Priceless!
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

Sat in one yesterday in londonderry. The interior is nice. Back seats are even smaller. Exterior doesnt do it for mean and the resent post against the camaro 1le makes me feel that the leap forward should of been set higher. Over all not bad but it will need to get better to be at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by kirk perry View Post
    Sat in one yesterday in londonderry. The interior is nice. Back seats are even smaller. Exterior doesnt do it for mean and the resent post against the camaro 1le makes me feel that the leap forward should of been set higher. Over all not bad but it will need to get better to be at the top.
    Well, you pretty much right there summed up the Motor Trend article comparing the Challenger, Mustang and Camaro for 2015. They placed them in that order, third place to first place. Not everyone likes MT, but they did a really good and credible analysis in that article IMHO.
    Bruce
    TFS TW heads, rockers, 75mm intake, cam, 75mm TB, CAI, MAF, DeatschWerks 35# injectors, Aeromotive rails/regulator, 255 pump, BeCool rad, alum water pump, MSD 6A/coil, alum flywheel, PP, driveshaft, McLeod clutch, Torsen T2R, 3.73, 31spline axles, 17" 95 Cobra R, NT-05 255/275, MM CC plates, coil-over (Bilstein), rlca, K-brace, A-arms, SF conns, Cobra brakes, =len shorties, 2.5" SS Hpipe, Borla CB...

But in the end, I'm sure they will sell very well.Reported Mustang a much lighter car than Camaro I believe by ~ 400 lbs. That'll affect handling.

Quote Originally Posted by 390gtconv View Post
    But in the end, I'm sure they will sell very well.Reported Mustang a much lighter car than Camaro I believe by ~ 400 lbs. That'll affect handling.
    Correcto! MT pointed that out, too. Aklso said this Camaro platform has matured while the Mustang is new and WILL be improved over it's lifetime. I believe they said Camaro will get new platform in 2017 and Mustang will probably outpace it by then.

Was a well thought out article.
    Bruce

comparing on a camaro 1LE to a GT is not apples to apples, just saying
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

It compared it to gt performance pack which is equal

+ Reply to Thread