+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'll wake the Crickets. Your car now sleeping for winter?

Our beasts are still out in the cold for now but they have a date with a storage facility for the end of the month ...

Mine: '13 Mustang GT Track Pk. 2.3L Whipple, 608 RWHP, 517 RWTQ.
    Hers: '08 GT500 '13-'14 2.3L TVS & injectors, 656 RWHP, 661 RWTQ.

Just cancelled the storage-facility appointment since I'm in the process of buying a 2-Mustang garage with a 3-bedroom house attached

But for now, they're still outside ....

Awesome! Good luck with the purchase!
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by MY-S281 View Post
    Thank you ! the enjoyment has already begun !

Saw your car for the first time at Pete's on Dyno day , its Gorgeous and sounds awesome too !
    Thanks, it sounded nice, but the numbers hardly rivaled some of the brutal stuff there, oh well, at least I don't have to ride around with the HP painted on the hood instead of the cu in.....

Soundly sleeping...

2008 mustang gt kenne bell blown 610 rwp 540rwt

Quote Originally Posted by SVT10th View Post
    Awesome! Good luck with the purchase!
    Thanks Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Just cancelled the storage-facility appointment since I'm in the process of buying a 2-Mustang garage with a 3-bedroom house attached
    Thats awesome Gabe. What section of town? Some houses have recently been sold around my neck of the woods. I live in South end near the Musquash Pond conservation area.
    SVT COBRA

Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    Thats awesome Gabe. What section of town? Some houses have recently been sold around my neck of the woods. I live in South end near the Musquash Pond conservation area.
    Thanks buddy ... still waiting to hear back from the seller about the radon water/air mitigation the place needs. I asked for money off 3 days ago and nothing yet, but being an estate sale and supposedly lots of parties being involved, it's taking time'
    The house is right off Robinson Rd, off Rt 102. I'd rather not say the actual street name on the interwebz, lol.

I actually sent an e-mail to my realtor last night for her to forward to them, basically saying that if I don't hear back by 4PM today I'm gonna assume rejection and move on to another house.

Hope that doesn't happen, but I don't want them taking their time for days on end

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Thanks buddy ... still waiting to hear back from the seller about the radon water/air mitigation the place needs. I asked for money off 3 days ago and nothing yet, but being an estate sale and supposedly lots of parties being involved, it's taking time'
    The house is right off Robinson Rd, off Rt 102. I'd rather not say the actual street name on the interwebz, lol.

I actually sent an e-mail to my realtor last night for her to forward to them, basically saying that if I don't hear back by 4PM today I'm gonna assume rejection and move on to another house.

Hope that doesn't happen, but I don't want them taking their time for days on end
    Thats a nice area of town. Somewhat quiet and nicely located. My daughter danced for years at Melissa Hoffmanns dance center.

I didn't know that Radon was a big issue anymore? I remember it being one about 10+ years ago but it seems to have fallen off of the radar.....
    Back then, when I had my house tested, my results were above the NH standards but were below Mass and Maine states recommended levels.
    The EPA had different levels of acceptability as well. I'm sure all this has changed over these past years....
    I went out and priced out a system for both air and water.... Then My neighbor told me to crack a window.... which is what I ended up doing. I probably woiuld do the same thing today unless it became a major issue with clear cut adverse health related issues directly related to it's exposure.....

I hope it works out for you.
    SVT COBRA

Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    Thats a nice area of town. Somewhat quiet and nicely located. My daughter danced for years at Melissa Hoffmanns dance center.

I didn't know that Radon was a big issue anymore? I remember it being one about 10+ years ago but it seems to have fallen off of the radar.....
    Back then, when I had my house tested, my results were above the NH standards but were below Mass and Maine states recommended levels.
    The EPA had different levels of acceptability as well. I'm sure all this has changed over these past years....
    I went out and priced out a system for both air and water.... Then My neighbor told me to crack a window.... which is what I ended up doing. I probably woiuld do the same thing today unless it became a major issue with clear cut adverse health related issues directly related to it's exposure.....

I hope it works out for you.
    For radon in the air, cracking a window might do something, but in our test the radon in the water was very high, and it apparently goes down half in the count every 4 days the water stays stagnant. The house has been vacant for almost a year, meaning that water in the well tank has been stagnant for a long time, I can only try to imagine how high the radon in the water actually is.
    Plus, the pH level is low, which means the water is acidic, which can lead to rust in the copper lines, dissolved lead in the solders, and other issues.

So the water definitely needs to be tended to.

I heard back today that the seller wants the buyer (me) to share in the cost of the radon mitigation.

I replied with my new offer on that, and requested a speedy response.
    Almost 6 hours later now and nothing.

Getting quite antsy ....

+ Reply to Thread