+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Canobie Lake Park Show Update

Canobie Lake Park Show Update

Canobie Lake Park Show Update -- Only one week away now; we have over 100 vehicles preregistered so far. And the look-term weather forecast is looking good. So, LAST CALL for any other preregistration !!!!

2003 Cobra "Terminator" Convertible
    Last Dyno Run = 496 rear wheel hp, 490 foot pound of torque

Our car show at Canobie Lake Park is only three days away. We have room for others who want to attend but have not preregistered; just show up Sunday morning. Registration starts at 8:00; I will be there at 7:00 to set up. The folks at Canobie Lake will be directing traffic into the park, but we can use some help with registering show participants and directing parking in the showfield(s). Weather looks fabulous -- sunny and 80 degrees. Let's make this event a GREAT success. See you at the show !!!!

Does the Park still open at the normal time of 11am?

If so, will we be directed inside the park during the registration time?

YES and YES....

Weather looks great for Sunday. Randy, my family is planning on going to Canobie for the day, coming in a seperate vehicle. Is Canobie giving us two tickets as we enter or only one if only one person is in the car entering the show? Planning on meeting them outside the gate to give them my other ticket if we do get two tickets upon entry, is that ok to give my other ticket to my family? Sorry for so many questions so early in the morning !!!!

Perhaps Randy will jump on and answer this, but in the meantime....

You'll need one ticket for yourself, the other ticket is for a passenger. Why don't you have one of your family ride with you, so you both get in with the "free" tickets, and then meet up with the rest of the fam inside the park?
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

Thats the plan now. Was going to get there early and help but now will be coming with my youngest son and since the park doesn't open till 11:00 I will shoot for 10:00.Car show times 11 to 3 ?, NHMC club members parking area or open parking ?

The park does not open to the public until 11:00. We are to have show vehicles enter the park between 8:00 and 10:00. Our show field is inside the park, down near the lake. The situation we need to avoid is having show cars driving to the show field once there are other park patrons inside and walking around. So my suggestion to others has been to get to Canobie Lake prior to 10:00 with the two people who will get the two free tickets. Then have the others from your party show up at 11:00 or later and make plans to meet up with them at that point.

GREAT SHOW!

Props to everyone who braved the early rain to set it up and make it happen.
    Kudos also to everyone who attended, taking their "babies" out on a potentially nasty day to make this a success for the NHMC!
    ---
    Jim

2010 Mercedes E550
    2000 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Sold: 2001 10th Anniversary Cobra #353
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    2002 Mustang GT

I want to express my THANKS to ALL who showed up for today's event. This was our first year at Canobie Lake Park for this show, so there was some uncertainty about how successful the show would be. Considering the early morning weather, I think this show was a great success. Canobie Lake was a great host and I am really looking forward to going back next year. FYI -- they have only one other car show all year at the park, and they have had that one show for 35 years straight. Now we will start another streak !!!!

+ Reply to Thread