+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An original 56 Bird

An original 56 Bird

I had the pleasure of detailing this Sage Green 1956 TBird convertible on Saturday that is going into the Danville Parade on Sunday. The paint is original except for the 2 front quarters and nose so lots of care and time went into this one. There is some scratches in it still, which drives me crazy, but after 58 years of not using the right products and some nasty towels and bad washing habits, it as good as it can get. He almost had a heartatach when he picked it up!! What a piece of art !!!Jimmy Detailing Pics 002.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 003.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 004.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 019.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 020.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 021.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 023.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 046.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 047.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 028.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 030.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 031.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 032.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 033.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 034.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 035.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 036.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 039.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 040.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 042.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 045.jpgJimmy Detailing Pics 043.jpg

Love those cars!! The color, well, not my first choice but looks good on that car from that era!
    Just finished touching my detailing up on my car. Still looks R-E-D
    Thanks
    Growing older but not UP

My car now has a heater, and now has HEAT!!

Great job Jimmy!

Quote Originally Posted by scottb00 View Post
    Great job Jimmy!
    Thanks, pretty cool working on such an old car !!!

awesome job.....

still need to get my car up to you
    -- Ian --
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra Convertible Torch Red
    Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
    1 of 369 Torch Red 10th Aniversary cars Built

Quote Originally Posted by TorchredSVT View Post
    awesome job.....

still need to get my car up to you
    Thanks for the complement, it was interesting working on 58 year old paint!! There were scratches in the paint, which drives me crazy, but without a real good wetsanding job, they were never coming out. He was more intrested in getting some shine and some luster out of the paint and getting the chrome back to were it should be. He was overwhelmed how it came out. Funny story, his wife does not like the car and usually will not go out for a ride in it. My friend who knows him very well says his wife now has been seen in the car on 3 seperate occasions and they won first place in a car show he went to. Although I get a lot of self satisfaction when I am done doing a detail job, nothing is better than the looks and comments people give to me when they see thier car for the first time after its been detailed !!!! As for your car, get in contact with me and we can figure out a time to get it done. The nice thing about getting it done in the fall is you are all ready to go when you lift the cover off after a long winter!

+ Reply to Thread