PDA

View Full Version : NHMC Picnic 2014

SVT10th
07-21-2014, 10:39 AM
All, the club picnic is this coming Sunday, July 27.

As usual, anyone going should meet at Lanctot's plaza, Rt 114, Weare NH. There will be "Stang Trains" leaving Lanctots for the picnic location at 10am and 11am. Our most esteemed President Rick will lead you to the location. (The location is not posted publicly because it is a private individuals home.)

The club provides burgers, dogs, chicken, drinks (soda/water), etc. However, you are welcome and encouraged to bring things to share with the crowd. Appetizers, desserts, side dishes, etc.

There is no cost, however, you need to RSVP to Rick/Marie by this Friday LATEST. Please call the club phone line -- 603-533-0884 -- or send an email to nhmustangclub (at) aol.com. POSTING HERE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN RSVP.

NOTE: THIS IS A MEMBERS ONLY EVENT. (NHMC membership includes immediate family)
Please no non-member guests or friends. Also, no dogs.

390gtconv
07-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Few people have asked me, in the past we've held a cooking contest "cook-offs" at the picnic. We doing that this year???

Gabe
07-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Already told Rick that Lisa and I are in, and will be bringing a side dish of some sort, we haven't decided what, just yet.

This will be our first NHMC picnic, we're both looking forward to it!! :)

chachee52
07-21-2014, 08:39 PM
Will be back to help cook. I'll be bringing one of my extra grills, Jim which one do you think is better? I might go get an new disperser for ED's old grill. I think that might be the better one.
Got to go get a new bumper for my stang so I can put the trailer on it and take it instead of the car. I'll figure something out.

SVT10th
07-22-2014, 08:05 AM
Few people have asked me, in the past we've held a cooking contest "cook-offs" at the picnic. We doing that this year???

I asked Marie about this on Sunday. She said no cook-off is planned.

390gtconv
07-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Is this a rain or shine event?
Todays weather outlook at the moment, 7/23

Sunday: Partly sunny with scattered showers & t-storms. Timing of the showers is up in the air right now..could be a morning thing or an afternoon event..stay tuned.

SVT10th
07-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Is this a rain or shine event?
Todays weather outlook at the moment, 7/23

Sunday: Partly sunny with scattered showers & t-storms. Timing of the showers is up in the air right now..could be a morning thing or an afternoon event..stay tuned.

I believe it IS rain or Shine.

ToplessPony94
07-23-2014, 01:07 PM

Two years ago it was held when it rained most of the day.

chachee52
07-23-2014, 05:51 PM
I can cook in the rain, snow, sleet, I've even been know to be cooking in the middle of a parking lot when it was hailing out (got to love Buffet Concert tailgaiting!!)

390gtconv
07-23-2014, 07:53 PM

OK. I know in the past with showers will did hold it.

BUT this year is being held in new location, correct? So wanted to be sure, especially for new folks

390gtconv
07-23-2014, 07:54 PM
I can cook in the rain, snow, sleet, I've even been know to be cooking in the middle of a parking lot when it was hailing out (got to love Buffet Concert tailgaiting!!)

But can you cook under water?

chachee52
07-23-2014, 08:43 PM
It's not a new location George. It's the second year at this location.
And yes, I can cook ANYWHERE. I once cooked Sushi in the ocean

390gtconv
07-23-2014, 09:11 PM
It's not a new location George. It's the second year at this location.
And yes, I can cook ANYWHERE. I once cooked Sushi in the ocean

Oh, ok, just new for me cause my car was apart last year and didn't go.
But club hasn't held a "wet day event there yet.

Any horse shoes there? Rick & I love to play.

chachee52
07-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Oh, ok, just new for me cause my car was apart last year and didn't go.
But club hasn't held a "wet day event there yet.

Any horse shoes there? Rick & I love to play.

I'm sure if you stand at one end of the yard, you can find someone to throw metal objects at you :cool:
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball

Seriously, I can't remember if they did or not

SVT10th
07-24-2014, 09:10 PM
REMINDER!

If you're going to this, RSVP to Rick or Marie ASAP! (At least by Friday afternoon!)

I talked to Rick, and he said he sees lots of people talking bout going, but very few RSVPs.

Do it! DI IT NOW!

KARMAN
07-26-2014, 08:31 AM
I RSVP-ed to Rick

I'm taking the convertible in case it rains.;)