PDA

View Full Version : Skips Mega 2014 car show today

390gtconv
07-12-2014, 10:49 PM
2516Did I mention how much I like that show.
Well around 6:30 2 judges came by my car and told me NOT to leave. Felt threatened, lol
Then half hour later one took a look under front of my car. Fortunately I had just re-detailed it and some may know, sent stuff out for powder coating. Guess it paid off because he announced that the tie breaker between my car and I think black GTO was attention to details.

Then 7:45 they told me to move my car to front near tables. Boy the pressure.

Then @ 8pm (some asked earlier when does show end) they 1st announced ~ 540 cars today, gate receipts of ~ $30k going to good charity.
Then awards:

I WON Best of Show, again. Plus $100.

And judge gave an envelope for special invitation to a 50th Mustang anniversary block party in Newburyport on August 14.

So all in all nice day, Love Skips show...
And nice to see you all again now that my car is back together.
:)

ToplessPony94
07-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Congrats, George. Well deserved. I can't wait to take "a look under front of your car". :) :cool:

C U @ MM!!!

chachee52
07-13-2014, 06:27 AM
Your welcome George. I decided to stay home so you could win :cool:
Congrats, your car is amazing! And one day my car will be 75% as clean and finished as yours.

So start a new thread about this NewburyPort show. Jen loves that area

KARMAN
07-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Your car is awesome.
It was awesome the last time I saw it.
And now it's ever better?
Wow!!!

390gtconv
07-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Thanks.
Now onto Mustang Mania BUD show July 20th to just have plain old fun!

LILBLKSNAKE
07-13-2014, 07:53 PM
You definitely deserve all that and more. Imagine how much more time you could have spent detailing if you didn't have to fix my trailer and help me at racing :)
Now on to that Orange Leaf Cruise Night!!!

SVT10th
07-14-2014, 08:13 AM
That was a good show. Sorry I couldn't stay longer to see you win! It was well deserved, you're car IS awesome.

TorchredSVT
07-14-2014, 08:43 AM
Congrats George, great show and it was good to hang w you and Chris and the little one for a bit.

You most definitely deserved it, your car looked great.

390gtconv
07-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Ian, ya someday maybe your little one, Tim's & Chris's Daniel will be doing cruz's together. Wow what a thought.

TorchredSVT
07-14-2014, 12:22 PM
Ugh..........please. I don't want to think about that right now.....lol. Let's concentrate on your win here!!

Next year will be a whole new ball game for me for sure, for now, I am just enjoying my last summer of freedom to the max!!

390gtconv
07-14-2014, 01:14 PM
enjoy, maybe put snow tires on even. lol

LILBLKSNAKE
07-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Next year will be a whole new ball game for me for sure, for now, I am just enjoying my last summer of freedom to the max!!

No way!! Think of it like Joe F and Baby Brock!!! The kid goes everywhere!!!

TorchredSVT
07-15-2014, 08:35 AM
oooh the kid will definitely be going every where with me...no doubt about that....but no longer will I be able to get a text at 4:45 on a Friday asking to go to the target cruise night and I can meet up 15 minutes later lol.

390gtconv
08-10-2014, 10:34 PM
Your welcome George. I decided to stay home so you could win :cool:
Congrats, your car is amazing! And one day my car will be 75% as clean and finished as yours.

So start a new thread about this NewburyPort show. Jen loves that area

Todd because you asked.
I just got a call from Newburyport organizer tonight. Wes was giving me my "invite only" details I need to know for this Thursday's downtown afternoon event. Part of this event is a special display of the 50th. cars from 64.5 - 2014 will be set up I'm told. I'm part of that. That'll be on Prince Place just off State St.
I'm told several thousand folks will go thru this area on Thursday late afternoon with some concert @ 7pm. So it says in Whips Wheels.
I'm told to be there by 3pm. Perhaps I'll see a familiar face or two. Weather looks to be ok. Again this Thur 8/14. Other stuff & shops besides car show going on.