PDA

View Full Version : Taking A Poll, Who Would Be Interested ????

rhoidahl
07-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Taking a poll -- who would be interested in a late Sunday afternoon cruise up to Sunapee Harbor, then taking the dinner cruise boat on the lake? Looking at Sunday 8/24; I believe the dinner cruise leaves Sunapee Harbor about 6:00 and returns about 2 hours later and I think the cost is $42 per person. If we can get enough interest, I'll call for the exact details as to time and price. My wife and I have taken this tour 4 times and had great time on each. We need reservations so respond here if you are interested....

ToplessPony94
07-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Randy, I'd love to do this but Sunday doesn't work well for us. Gets us back too late for those who need to be sharp at work at 8AM the next morning (the wife). I know Saturday would step on cruise night, but just sayin'.

07GTCS
07-09-2014, 12:50 PM
We are interested, we have been talking about doing this for a long time. I will check with the keeper of the calendar tonight.

chachee52
07-09-2014, 01:23 PM
Jen and I would be up for this, unless she has something planned that I jsut don't know about.

And George, Bruce didn't say "This Sunday" he said that he would be interested in the event but Sunday's don't work well because it's the 7 the day of rest ;)

SVT10th
07-09-2014, 01:34 PM
Any and I would go almost certainly.

SVT10th
07-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Come on people -- Randy's trying to run a poll here. Keep it on topic!

Answer YES or NO as to whether you would be able to go on the cruise!

Do not clog up the thread with extraneous comments about Skips, vacation, etc.
(yes, I deleted the previous irrelevant comments)

rhoidahl
07-09-2014, 10:49 PM
... and you wonder why I do not like to use the forum ... the number of irrelevant comments Jim deleted outnumber the serious responses ....

07 stang gt
07-10-2014, 05:15 AM
Not on Sunday night, but thanks for the offer.

whtmare
07-10-2014, 06:35 AM
This^^^^^ out for a Sunday

rhoidahl
07-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Sunday Aug 24th is turning out to be a day of many options to do as a club event. In addition to the possibility of the Lake Sunapee Dinner Cruise, we also have the East Coast Camaro Club show in Hudson; and Rick McGregor just sent me info about the Henniker Rotary Club "Chili Fest" at Pats Peak in Henniker NH called "Fire on the Mountain" (see the link below). So let's expand the poll on what to do for a club event that day. Respond to this post with your vote (ONLY your vote and comments related to these options).

http://www.chilinewhampshire.org/

ToplessPony94
07-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Well, since I live in Hudson, my vote would ordinarily be for the ECCC show. However, I went last year, registered in advance (they cashed my check) and I still had to pay at the gate as they didn't have my name on the pre-registered list. Several others (that I know of) also had the same issue - not cool. Also, their classes for Mustangs are weird. They grouped 94-95 in with the Aero Foxes and 96-98 with the New Edge. I did take home some hardware. If I go to that show again this year (and I may) it will most likely be as a spectator. Not paying twice to show my car at a Camaro Club show. Would also be interested in Fire on the Mountain - no family conflicts (yet) with that date.

chachee52
07-10-2014, 09:54 PM
mmmmmm chili!!! Would love to do that, nothing like BBQ and chili in my eyes.

SVT10th
07-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Well, since I live in Hudson, my vote would ordinarily be for the ECCC show. However, I went last year, registered in advance (they cashed my check) and I still had to pay at the gate as they didn't have my name on the pre-registered list. Several others (that I know of) also had the same issue - not cool. Also, their classes for Mustangs are weird. They grouped 94-95 in with the Aero Foxes and 96-98 with the New Edge. I did take home some hardware. If I go to that show again this year (and I may) it will most likely be as a spectator. Not paying twice to show my car at a Camaro Club show. Would also be interested in Fire on the Mountain - no family conflicts (yet) with that date.

Well, they probably think our Camaro classes are weird....

I'd be up for either ECCC or the Chilifest.

390gtconv
07-11-2014, 10:22 AM
We'll see I'd be interested in ECCC and PAY at the gate.
Note: The way they do the judging you can tell is very "clicky". Cars that win, shouldn't.
But still a nice local event to go see diff cars.

Having been involved doing the judging at Mustang Mania, I know we as judges have work hard NOT to pick our friends per say, but be fair.

ToplessPony94
07-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Note: The way they do the judging you can tell is very "clicky". Cars that win, shouldn't.

Yes, I noticed that. Last year I posted up a bunch of things the ECCC show did right or perhaps better than our show, but judging was not one of them. (I was not trying to disparage Mustang Mania, just trying to provoke some discussion that might have improved our show.) I was later told that the car that won my class (a Fox) had been winning it year after year forever without any changes to it. I have to say that very many of the Camaro owners came over to talk with me and all of them were very complimentary.

Having been involved doing the judging at Mustang Mania, I know we as judges have work hard NOT to pick our friends per say, but be fair.

Nice to know - the way it should be.

SVT10th
07-11-2014, 09:44 PM
<snip>...Having been involved doing the judging at Mustang Mania, I know we as judges have work hard NOT to pick our friends per say, but be fair.

When I was doing Judging for the "Editor's Choice" award, I used to go out of my way to pick non-Ford, or at least a non-Mustang -- I felt it was owed to people who brought their non-Mustang cars to a "Mustang Mania" show to get some respect.

ToplessPony94
07-12-2014, 12:05 AM
When I was doing Judging for the "Editor's Choice" award, I used to go out of my way to pick non-Ford, or at least a non-Mustang -- I felt it was owed to people who brought their non-Mustang cars to a "Mustang Mania" show to get some respect.

Nice, Jim! I do think that's very fair, though some might not agree.