PDA

View Full Version : SMOKINSTANGS Sunday -- ATTENTION

SVT10th
06-28-2014, 10:36 PM
ATTENTION ALL!
Tomorrows SmokinStangs carshow has been moved to "The Lobster Pound", Weirs, Beach, NH.
(It sounds like NED cancelled on them)

I'm still planning on going and still meeting at Burger King exit 4 @ 9am.
A little longer ride, but it should still be good. Bring your EZ Pass!

390gtconv
06-28-2014, 11:11 PM
It's my understanding not NED but show never got confirmed with track. Never on tracks menu.

MY-S281
06-29-2014, 08:18 AM
It's my understanding not NED but show never got confirmed with track. Never on tracks menu.

I really would love to hear how this is spun.

Let me just say this , with the way the car scene is in this region , especially locally , NED should have rolled out a red carpet for this event. !They cant fill the parking lot, show field or even stands but 1 or 2 times a year and that only because of the New events they added quite honestly I am repulsed at the way this turned out I understand some of you may have your personal conflicts with Bob for what ever reasons but he is one of the few in the entire New Hampshire/ New England area that has put his neck out there time and time again and this is just disgusting and regardless of the event , charity , or otherwise NED will never see another cent out of my pocket or my family's pocket again and thats a shame because I always enjoyed attending events there but as they say all good things must come to an end ! I certainly will make my feelings known to all that I know and hope that NED management takes a good look in the mirror and understand what they just did to not only Bob, but to most of the local Mustang enthusiasts that support the local car scene for what it is and know enough to leave the BS Politics and personality conflicts out of it !

chachee52
06-29-2014, 09:23 AM
So by your response Barry, it sounds like you have some info that I haven't seen about what happened to be so mad at NED. I agree its a shame no matter that the story is behind the scenes. To try to contact so many people that were planning on showing up will unfortunately never happen.
AT least he was able to secure a spot for today, and IMO the view is much superior than NED anyway.
Hope all goes as smoothly as it can today.

MY-S281
06-29-2014, 09:33 AM
So by your response Barry, it sounds like you have some info that I haven't seen about what happened to be so mad at NED. I agree its a shame no matter that the story is behind the scenes. To try to contact so many people that were planning on showing up will unfortunately never happen.
AT least he was able to secure a spot for today, and IMO the view is much superior than NED anyway.
Hope all goes as smoothly as it can today.

All I know for 1000% sure is Bob didn't cancel the event of his own accord, he was forced to change the venue based on NED saying they couldn't support his event ! Pretty Lame if you ask me. I am sure my position wont put NED in jeopardy of going out of business but as an individual I wont step foot on the property again.

Nuff said !

chachee52
06-29-2014, 12:13 PM
I haven't heard why. You are the first that I have seen that said that "NED said it couldn't support it". I was just curious the reason, and it sounded like you knew. If that's true, I'm sure there is something behind it to do that last minute.

Dennis O'Shea
06-29-2014, 12:51 PM
What seems fishy is they couldn't even support the car show I am sure there was plenty of room for that.I would just like to know what happened who ever is at fault Pretty sad for Bob he put his heart and soul into this event.And by his passion it was close to his heart And the last thing I don't think he would sabotage his own event.So we will have to wait and see how it all plays out.To bad for all.And as far as the last minute thats not really smart business on NED'S part to handle it that way.And as through Bob has been in the whole endeavor I am sure he did n't over look making sure Ned was made aware of the date.

390gtconv
06-30-2014, 08:03 AM
Since there is ALWAYS 2 sides to every story (but you know that), we need to know both before it gets into "he said/she said".
There are folks on both side of the camp here so don't assume any fault.

Jibber
06-30-2014, 09:20 AM
On a positive note.... I had a great time at the show yesterday. I would say close to 100 enthusiasts came....from as far away as Canada too. Some really nice cars present..... I counted close to 15 Terminators....(only car that matters...Kidding of course)

When I arrived to the show I was greated by Rick, Keith, Randy and Joe. It was AWESOME to see these guys stepping up to help Bob and the event succeed. (set up the show field and ran the entrance) I even had valet service as Rick Parked my car for me with the NHMC Section. (I will expect that white glove type of service going forward despite the fact that he stalled my car. Haha)

TorchredSVT
06-30-2014, 11:02 AM

I will not get into details because it is not my place, nor is it my business but trust me, George's statement is 100% true.

I have nothing against Bob or Smokingstangs, I was actually at a bachelor party this weekend, only reason I didn't go.

SVT10th
06-30-2014, 12:46 PM
Just putting this out there -- as the only other Mustang club in the area, it is not our place to speculate or second-guess NED or Bob's decisions and actions.

This weekend may have been the beginning of a reconciliation between NHMC and SmokinStangs. Let's just keep it as: the show got moved, it was a great success considering the last minute change of venue, and Bob and the Smokinstangs event staff were very grateful for the help that NHMC board and members provided to help get the show setup and going on Sunday morning.

Consequently, I am locking this thread. Not because of any comments that have been made, but simply because at this point the events of last weekend are history and now only of concern to SmokinStangs and NED.