TorchredSVT
06-20-2014, 08:49 AM
hahahhahahahahaha this rules

390gtconv
06-20-2014, 10:26 AM
Whats the best color for a Mustang?

(Yeah, I went there...)

As I posted last December:
http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2013/12/survey-men-prefer-red-women-prefer-silver.html
Here's the Official poll on colors and WHY.
:eek:

For me, depends on if daily driver or show car, or was just a good deal.
What I've noticed over the years (and not brand specific) white is a color that can look great in many cases but do to the paint pigment, will rust quicker than most others as it gets older, quicker than a gray/silver which is also a lite color.

Dennis O'Shea
06-20-2014, 11:54 AM
What a dumb post we all know there is only one color. And you all know what it is just no good info coming from this post. And from the administrator to whom we look to for guidance and info. Wow this thread is just plain bad .And will cause excessive disagreements and maybe hurt friendships.I for one will not get caught up in this debate "BLKISFST"

ToplessPony94
06-20-2014, 12:57 PM
I for one will not get caught up in this debate

But you voted!

SVT10th
06-20-2014, 01:21 PM
What a dumb post we all know there is only one color. And you all know what it is just no good info coming from this post. And from the administrator to whom we look to for guidance and info. Wow this thread is just plain bad .And will cause excessive disagreements and maybe hurt friendships.I for one will not get caught up in this debate "BLKISFST"

Hmmm. Perhaps you need to be graced with a custom avatar title. While "Senior Member" is especially fitting in your case, maybe "Hoveround Racing League" or "Racing Suit by Depends".... :D

Dennis O'Shea
06-20-2014, 03:17 PM
Racing Suit by Depends Has an air about it
Hmmm. Perhaps you need to be graced with a custom avatar title. While "Senior Member" is especially fitting in your case, maybe "Hoveround Racing League" or "Racing Suit by Depends".... :D

Dennis O'Shea
06-20-2014, 03:18 PM
You don't know that for sure It could have been ED
But you voted!

ToplessPony94
06-20-2014, 03:51 PM
You don't know that for sure It could have been ED

Yes I do know that for sure! Just click on one of the numbers in the number of votes column! LOL - you're BUSTED! :p

LILBLKSNAKE
06-20-2014, 09:55 PM
you forgot competition orange

390gtconv
06-20-2014, 10:24 PM
"other" & "orange" both start with "O". close.

07 stang gt
06-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Really ??????????????? Blue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whtmare
06-21-2014, 08:37 PM
Were all such whores lol

fredfordguy
06-21-2014, 09:51 PM
My wife was drawn to her Mach (which was up on a lift at a colo spgs Chevy dealer) by the color.

Gabe
06-23-2014, 07:37 AM
I voted Other since the awesome Sterling Gray color was somehow omitted from the choices ;)

chachee52
06-23-2014, 07:53 AM
Relooking at the question I think that it's confusing. Because different year Mustangs look better in different colors. Red still looks unbelievable on all of them, but on Fox bodies Red (not maroon or burgundy) just doesn't pop the same. And I will say the new Kona Blue (or whatever it is today) is my favorite, but I don't think that it's my favorite for the early years.
So I guess that there are SO many answers to this question.

SVT10th
06-23-2014, 07:59 AM
I voted Other since the awesome Sterling Gray color was somehow omitted from the choices ;)

Gray is black for people who aren't ready to make the full commitment.... :p

Relooking at the question I think that it's confusing. Because different year Mustangs look better in different colors. Red still looks unbelievable on all of them, but on Fox bodies Red (not maroon or burgundy) just doesn't pop the same. And I will say the new Kona Blue (or whatever it is today) is my favorite, but I don't think that it's my favorite for the early years.
So I guess that there are SO many answers to this question.

Good point about the red. Although if you're talking factory color -- the red used in the late 80s-early 90s wasn't the bright red used before and after, it was more of a tomato-y red (had some orange in it that dulled the pure red.)
However, is there a generation that doesn't look good in black? Even the Mustang II's look good in black....

chachee52
06-23-2014, 08:20 AM
However, is there a generation that doesn't look good in black? Even the Mustang II's look good in black....

Yes, I don't think that the mid 70s looked good in Black. I'm not sure what my favorite color is with those years, the Grabber Blue always looked good on them?

Gabe
06-23-2014, 09:43 AM
Gray is black for people who aren't ready to make the full commitment.... :p

Gray is the awesome color people go to after owning a black vehicle and swearing they'll never torture themselves like that again :p

Dennis O'Shea
06-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Oh Really There is nothing better looking than well detailed Black Mustang And to me its not work its part of the hobby
Gray is the awesome color people go to after owning a black vehicle and swearing they'll never torture themselves like that again :p

ToplessPony94
06-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Oh Really There is nothing better looking than well detailed Black Mustang

For the next ten minutes. :D

And to me its not work its part of the hobby

That's because you're retired and have too much time. Still waiting my turn at that! :p

whtmare
06-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Popcorn..........

Gabe
06-23-2014, 12:15 PM
Oh Really There is nothing better looking than well detailed Black Mustang And to me its not work its part of the hobby

A clean black car only exists for about 4 minutes.

Then it becomes a dirty black car :p

ToplessPony94
06-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Popcorn..........

<option on> poke with stick </option on>

Dennis O'Shea
06-23-2014, 02:22 PM
For some one who wasn't going to get envolved and say much Oh sure know he comes out of the wood work.
For the next ten minutes. :D

That's because you're retired and have too much time. Still waiting my turn at that! :p

Dennis O'Shea
06-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Popcorn..........Is that Cheeze Popcorn

ToplessPony94
06-23-2014, 03:12 PM
For some one who wasn't going to get envolved and say much Oh sure know he comes out of the wood work.

I'm just trying to annoy you enough that you will show up at a cruise night to tell me off. You have a beautiful car as I have seen, but I want to hear it run!

Dennis O'Shea
06-23-2014, 04:06 PM
I need A New rubber band before I can get it running I am having one powder coated :p
I'm just trying to annoy you enough that you will show up at a cruise night to tell me off. You have a beautiful car as I have seen, but I want to hear it run!

TorchredSVT
06-24-2014, 08:50 AM
I heard the car run on Friday...sounded and looked good!!

Dennis O'Shea
06-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Its nothing special Just an" Old Mans Ride"
I heard the car run on Friday...sounded and looked good!!