PDA

View Full Version : Tilton NH Veterans Show

fredfordguy
06-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Hi all, the Tilton Veterans Show is going to be held on Thurs. Aug 7 with the rain date Thurs. Aug 14. Time is 6 to 8 pm. This show is put on for the residents of the facility and if you have not attended, it is one of the most special shows to be a part of. We as Americans owe these folks our freedom and anything that may put a smile on their face or rekindle past memories is worth the effort. Here are a couple photos from last year's show
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee133/fredfordguy/034.jpg (http://s228.photobucket.com/user/fredfordguy/media/034.jpg.html)
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee133/fredfordguy/068.jpg (http://s228.photobucket.com/user/fredfordguy/media/068.jpg.html)

fredfordguy
06-04-2014, 09:14 PM
oh, the address is 139 Winter St. Tilton NH.....

ToplessPony94
06-04-2014, 10:11 PM
I think this is such a great thing to do for the veterans! Hats off to the veterans and all who participate in this show! I so wish it was on a weekend so I could make it, but I get out of work too late during the week 8PM is about when I'd arrive. Maybe I will see if I can get the day off.

chachee52
06-04-2014, 10:21 PM
I think that I'll try to get the day off (and the next day so I can just stay up there for a long weekend). I really want to make this one. I'll see what I can do.

SVT10th
06-05-2014, 08:25 AM
I went to this a couple of years ago and it was by far the most satisfying event I've ever been to. The veterans really have great appreciation of our time and effort to come to a show for them. And the stories they tell are awesome.

chachee52
06-07-2014, 09:51 AM
I just took those days off. So I'm in if anyone wants to meet up somewhere and cruise in together. I'll be heading to Gilford after so I won't be cruising back south.
Can't wait, this has been on my list for so long, I just had to say "screw work" and take it off.

Jibber
06-09-2014, 04:54 PM
This has been on my list as well since I first found out about it. I will be there. Dates have been entered into my calender.

fredfordguy
06-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Thanks for attending the show guys, like Jim said, this is by far ( for me anyways) the most rewarding show to hit. Looking forward to an impressive NHMC presence there, see ya in Tilton and again thanks.....

Blue95GT
06-10-2014, 04:29 PM
I shall be there!
Anyone wanna grab dinner after?

Dennis O'Shea
06-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Are you paying
I shall be there!

Jibber
06-11-2014, 08:48 AM
I shall be there!

Sure. Either that or Ice cream. Or both!

chachee52
06-11-2014, 09:01 AM
I shall be there!

I'm in. And we can drink out of mugs too!! :cool:

ToplessPony94
06-11-2014, 12:03 PM
I shall be there!

Sounds good to me, assuming I can get the day off.

Blue95GT
06-11-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm in. And we can drink out of mugs too!! :cool:

HAHA Todd!

Anywhere but Tilton Diner... their food blows these days...

88vert
06-11-2014, 04:29 PM
ill be there/ coming from Concord if anyone wants to meet up

chachee52
06-25-2014, 08:50 AM
So I was looking at some pics of my car and came across the Wings and Wheels pics. I was thinking it might be a cool idea to get a bunch printed up of the P-51 and my car and the residents can grab one if they want. What do you think? This isn't the one that I was thinking, but its an example.

ToplessPony94
06-25-2014, 10:18 AM
So I was looking at some pics of my car and came across the Wings and Wheels pics. I was thinking it might be a cool idea to get a bunch printed up of the P-51 and my car and the residents can grab one if they want. What do you think? This isn't the one that I was thinking, but its an example.

Nice idea, Todd! :cool: It sounds like Jibber is going, and I expect to be there. All of us were at W&W and perhaps we could all do it. Or if you want to keep this for yourself, no problem, just "thinking out loud". ;)

ToplessPony94
06-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Quick question - it's never been clear to me. Is this show for the veterans only, or can the general public come? Doesn't matter to me, just curious.

Jibber
06-25-2014, 10:34 AM
Quick question - it's never been clear to me. Is this show for the veterans only, or can the general public come? Doesn't matter to me, just curious.

Its listed in WHIPS. I would assume it's open to anyone.

Dennis O'Shea
06-25-2014, 12:01 PM
If your going its even open to senior's

chachee52
07-31-2014, 08:21 AM
So I will not be joining the cruise up to the show. I will be coming from Gilford. I have to pick Jen up (we'll have the two cars up there that weekend).
What time does the show start and people are going to show? Maybe I can meet up with people at the end of the highway ramp or something.

ToplessPony94
07-31-2014, 12:34 PM
So I will not be joining the cruise up to the show.

Say what? Is there going to be a meet-up for this? When/where?

chachee52
08-05-2014, 07:59 AM
So is anyone else going now and want to meet up to drive in together? Like I said, I will be in Gilford so will meet you at the exit some where. Not quite sure where it is but looks like you get off at exit 20 (but I swear that I saw signs at 19 last time I went up). I would say meet at the market Basket but I don't want to get in the way of the protesters.

ToplessPony94
08-05-2014, 10:01 AM
I am going, but not sure I can predict the time I will arrive. Depends on when Jay get to my house from work.

But we could get a bunch of Mustangs in the MB parking lot and do a synchronized roar and burnout as we leave in honor of the protesters! :D

chachee52
08-05-2014, 12:50 PM
But we could get a bunch of Mustangs in the MB parking lot and do a synchronized roar and burnout as we leave in honor of the protesters! :D

I'm up for the roar, not sure I can do the burn out part though with my car :(

Jibber
08-05-2014, 01:32 PM
I'm seeing rain for this Thursday in the forecast.

Todd, I believe it is exit 19 off of 93.

ToplessPony94
08-05-2014, 04:07 PM

I'm seeing 0.05" of rain predicted. Not gonna worry about that. But, of course, it could change.

Kev, no one replied to my question about a meet-up - you want to cruise up together?

Jibber
08-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Kev, no one replied to my question about a meet-up - you want to cruise up together?

Absolutely! When and where?

chachee52
08-05-2014, 08:32 PM

Todd, I believe it is exit 19 off of 93.

I'll be in Gilford so I won't be getting back on the highway to go down one exit when it's right off Rt 3 it looks like.
And I will be up there with the Mustang rain or shine. I'll be there all weekend. Car needs a little wash anyway

ToplessPony94
08-05-2014, 11:13 PM
Absolutely! When and where?

Give me a call tomorrow and we'll figure it out.

SVT10th
08-06-2014, 08:05 AM
I can't make it. The Cobra needs a front tire. Don't want to do 50 miles of highway on a tire that's not holding air.
Getting a couple of used ones from Joe G, but they won't be mounted till this weekend.

And yes, it is exit 19. (Same exit I took when I worked in Franklin.)
Go left at end of ramp and follow that road (rt 132) to the lights at Rt 3.
Take a left and then your first ""big" right (kind of a 45°, not a full turn) That's Winter street.
Winter St ends at Colby. The Vet Home is on that corner. I forget if the entrance is on Winter or Colby.

Bob Comire
08-06-2014, 02:33 PM
If there are any meet-ups for this in the Nashua area with room left in them I'd like to go along too.

ToplessPony94
08-06-2014, 03:54 PM
If there are any meet-ups for this in the Nashua area with room left in them I'd like to go along too.

Bob, it seems like the only meet-up is Kevin and me. You are quite welcome to join us. I can let you know the details when we figure them out.

Bob Comire
08-06-2014, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=, . . . let you know the details when we figure them out.[/QUOTE] Great, I'k like to do that. If you don't know by 8 am could you text or call me. I'm gonna be on the road and I don't bring the internet with me. Thanx.

chachee52
08-06-2014, 07:44 PM
See you guys up there

ToplessPony94
08-06-2014, 08:34 PM
Great, I'k like to do that. If you don't know by 8 am could you text or call me. I'm gonna be on the road and I don't bring the internet with me. Thanx.

Bob, we are planning to meet at the old Stop&Shop in Hudson right on the Hudson side of the lower bridge; planning to roll from there about 4:45. That should give Jay time to get from work to my house and then us from my house to S&S. If the weather gets gruesome and we decide to bail, I'll text you. So far it doesn't look too bad on Accuweather and they're the ones I trust the most (or maybe I should say distrust the least since it's weather forecasting we're talking about).

ToplessPony94
08-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Weather looks like it's taking a turn for the worse for tonight. Anyone know how to find out if this is still on?

chachee52
08-07-2014, 10:21 AM
You can give me a call and I'll let you know what the weather is up here. Right now it's on and off clouds but no rain so far.
Found some phone # on their flier if that helps:
http://www.nh.gov/veterans/news/documents/vvsummer14.pdf

ToplessPony94
08-07-2014, 01:31 PM
You can give me a call and I'll let you know what the weather is up here. Right now it's on and off clouds but no rain so far.
Found some phone # on their flier if that helps:
http://www.nh.gov/veterans/news/documents/vvsummer14.pdf

Thanks, Todd - I'll do that. Eyes on is always the best weather report (and radar).

I still remember listening to the radio years ago and being told by the DJ (reading from a report) that it was raining and the rain would continue for the next several hours. It was bright sun and not a cloud in the sky at the time. He ended the weather report with, "Do they have windows in the weather room?"

chachee52
08-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Just got back from the show. Wasn't huge due to storms all around the show site but none of them hit the show while the show was going on. I had to wait a couple minutes at my place due to a pretty strong cell that went by, but just up the road was perfectly dry.
I think only about 35 cars showed up because of it.
For those of us that REMEMBERED to go, it was fun. I would definitely put this on my must go to shows just to see the joy of the vets looking at the cars.
Got home just in time to watch the space station fly by too. Cleared up to watch it float over the lake. So good night all around!

ToplessPony94
08-07-2014, 11:30 PM
I would definitely put this on my must go to shows just to see the joy of the vets looking at the cars.

Couldn't have said it better. This is my first time there and I will make sure it's on my calendar next year and into the future. These guys (and gals!) who served our country are mostly bound to wheelchairs and they are just so grateful to have the show brought to them. The smiles on their faces and in their eyes is just grand. And it's so little to give back to them for what they gave. It also gives us a chance to personally thank them for their contribution. It certainly brings to mind the saying, "Some gave all, all gave some."

<insert salute here/>

SVT10th
08-08-2014, 08:22 AM
I went to the one they held a couple of years ago (it hasn't been held in a couple of year due to construction).
And I had the same feeling. Was definitely the most rewarding event I've ever been too.

Had one wheelchair-bound gentleman (Korea vet) talk me up about superchargers for probably 20 minutes. He used to mess around with superchargers in hot rods back in the early 60s. He was amazed to see a factory-built car with a supercharger.

Kudos to those of you who made it this year.