PDA

View Full Version : The Great Race

chachee52
06-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Just found out about this. Might be cool to go down and watch for a while. It's a Race from Maine to FL. The first night stay is in Lowell. There are a bunch of cool bars down there and looks like they will have some stuff going on as well.
http://www.greatrace.com/2014-cities
http://merrimackvalley.org/events/great-race

I might be doing something during the day with some people, but they live RIGHT there so will probably be there for the participants to arrive. Might try to talk them into staying the whole day and do the car show thing to. I don't know about 400 cars doing the show, but would be impressive to watch around Lowell.

Jibber
06-03-2014, 07:49 AM
Nice find Todd.

TorchredSVT
06-03-2014, 09:03 AM
huh, had no idea. Thank you for sharing

That's about 10 minutes from my house....I'll be checking that out for sure

That's the same day as the SVTperformance cruise to colt state park, but would be a great way to end the day

chachee52
06-03-2014, 08:30 PM
It's also the same day as the Phantom Gourmet Summer BBQ which one of Jen's friend's b-day wish is to do that. So we will have to see if I can do some cleaver subliminal hints that this will be better :-)

Jibber
06-04-2014, 07:50 AM
It's also the same day as the Phantom Gourmet Summer BBQ which one of Jen's friend's b-day wish is to do that. So we will have to see if I can do some cleaver subliminal hints that this will be better :-)

Good luck with that Houdini. Haha

chachee52
06-22-2014, 08:11 AM
Wow, What an unbelievable event last night!! There was/is a lot going on in Lowell this weekend. Last night the Spinners game, the Great Race (which included car show around all of Lowell), and the Summer Music Series just to name a couple last night. Today there is another festival around the Tsongas with free music and Cobble Stones 20th b-day party.
Anyway back to the thread. There were over 100 car participating in the drive. We showed up a little late to see them come in (was at the Phantom Gourmet BBQ Party) but got to see about half of them drive down Middle Street. Wow that place was PACKED!!! Both with cars and people. The workers did an awesome job trying to get cars parked through the crowd of people that wanted to get hit by cars.
Anyway, there was a wide range of different cars in the race, and that showed up for the show, when was the last time you saw a Pantera parked in downtown Lowell?
They left this AM (as I'm typing I was told) to head to Bennington VT for Lunch.
If you missed this than you missed a once in a life time show in Lowell. Maybe next year I'll drive my car in this race!!!
http://s213.photobucket.com/user/chachee52/library/Great%20American%20Race

TorchredSVT
06-23-2014, 08:51 AM
I heard it was a good time, I ended up getting home from the Colt state park cruise at around 4 and totally forgot about this. Would have loved to gone downtown and checked it out

thanks for sharing the pic's

Dennis O'Shea
06-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Great Photo's Todd thanks for sharing Some really great rides