PDA

View Full Version : SmokinStangs event

Jibber
05-13-2014, 05:34 PM
Hey guys and gals,
The SmokinStangs event is approaching fast.
I know the club is not able to help out as we all discussed at our Pizza meeting. However, We also talked about suppporting the event by getting the word out and i think the forum is a great place to do that.

With that said, I was hoping to see if someone that has more computer experience could possibly move some material over or links to our forum in this thread so we can all be in the know about this regional Mustang event.

I will definitely be at the car show and maybe one or two other things.
We should all roll in together as a club on the day of the car show. This would make a nice statement.

LILBLKSNAKE
05-13-2014, 08:26 PM
I'll be there for the drag racing and car show.

ToplessPony94
05-13-2014, 11:09 PM
I will probably attend the informal car show and NHMS event on Saturday. Not much interest in the drag event or a car show at the dusty track. They even made us drive through the dust bowl for the ED Day show. (No reason the main gate could not have been open.)

TorchredSVT
05-14-2014, 08:42 AM
I won't be in attendance, I am away that weekend.

Not much interest in the drag event or a car show at the dusty track. They even made us drive through the dust bowl for the ED Day show. (No reason the main gate could not have been open.)

Reminds me, I meant to ask someone at NED about that...I was pretty pissed off at that move, zero need to do that.

TorchredSVT
05-14-2014, 08:45 AM
With that said, I was hoping to see if someone that has more computer experience could possibly move some material over or links to our forum in this thread so we can all be in the know about this regional Mustang event.

Really Kevin:p

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=smokinstangs+laconia+2014

Jibber
06-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Thanks Ian!

Just over two weeks away with lots of hype being generated. When we get closer to the date we can figure out meet up spot and time for the Sunday show.
(most likely will be BK at exit 4)

Jibber
06-23-2014, 05:08 PM
This event starts this Friday.... Weather looks to be good.

Looks like Kirk and I (maybe some others) will be heading up on Friday night for the Meet and Greet.

I will post up later this week a definite time for the Sunday Meet up to cruise in for the car show on Sunday.

Dennis O'Shea
06-23-2014, 05:56 PM
Am I the maybe some others Oh don't bother
This event starts this Friday.... Weather looks to be good.

Looks like Kirk and I (maybe some others) will be heading up on Friday night for the Meet and Greet.

I will post up later this week a definite time for the Sunday Meet up to cruise in for the car show on Sunday.

SVT10th
06-23-2014, 09:35 PM
I'm planning on going to the Sunday show -- so if anyone wants to meet up, post up....

Jibber
06-24-2014, 10:33 AM
I'm planning on going to the Sunday show -- so if anyone wants to meet up, post up....

Great. BK meet up around 10? Or is that too late? I guess show will be a judged show. Some of the same guys that are at WOW.

Am I the maybe some others Oh don't bother

What does that mean? I didn't think that I had the power of attorney to speak on your behalf. If i do, let me know. I will say alot of things "on your behalf".

whtmare
06-24-2014, 12:43 PM
If it's nice and not too hot Sunday I'll meet up.

SVT10th
06-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Great. BK meet up around 10? Or is that too late? I guess show will be a judged show. Some of the same guys that are at WOW.

How about 9am? If w meet at 10, we wont be there till 11... Kind of a late start for a show day.

Dennis O'Shea
06-24-2014, 04:39 PM
I have a question that I PM Bob Pitard regarding the events on Sunday My question is when you get there will you be charged the usual twenty dollars to get in And then the twenty for the car show? Just wanting to know

chachee52
06-24-2014, 08:21 PM
I don't think that I'm up for Sunday. I am not really a fan of the track. I only go for ED day. Depending on my mood maybe head up on Saturday but it will depend on how much I want to get done around the house with Jen gone for the weekend.

Dennis O'Shea
06-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Ok here's the info from BOB if you preregistered there will be some one at the main gate to check off your name. You will be given a wrist band and proceed in.Not preregistered you will pay twenty dollars and recieve a wrist band and also proceed in for the car show.So ot sounds like twenty dollars and you are all set.

Jibber
06-25-2014, 10:27 AM
How about 9am? If w meet at 10, we wont be there till 11... Kind of a late start for a show day.

Entrance and registration is 9-12. Just was thinking about those that Don't want to spend their WHOLE day there. For me, since I'm not a big track guy, I was thinking of the later start time. If the majority wants 9... then I will do 9.

I don't think that I'm up for Sunday. I am not really a fan of the track. I only go for ED day. Depending on my mood maybe head up on Saturday but it will depend on how much I want to get done around the house with Jen gone for the weekend.

You can leave when you get your fill. Noone will be there saying you can't leave by 1. or 2. or whenever. I don't intend on staying the whole day either as I have stuff to do as well. I'm trying to support this event in the way I can so that it will hopefully become a huge success. I don't plan on going to Carlisle every year. It would be nice to have something in our own backyard.

Ok here's the info from BOB if you preregistered there will be some one at the main gate to check off your name. You will be given a wrist band and proceed in.Not preregistered you will pay twenty dollars and recieve a wrist band and also proceed in for the car show.So ot sounds like twenty dollars and you are all set.

Thanks Dennis.

SVT10th
06-25-2014, 12:06 PM
Entrance and registration is 9-12. Just was thinking about those that Don't want to spend their WHOLE day there. For me, since I'm not a big track guy, I was thinking of the later start time. If the majority wants 9... then I will do 9.

I'll start a new thread in events (http://forums.nhmustangclub.com/showthread.php?956-SmokinStangs-Sunday-meetup&p=10060#post10060), seeing who wants to meet up and what time.

SVT10th
06-25-2014, 12:12 PM

Dennis -- Do you know -- is that $20/person, $20/car, or $20 for the driver, and another rate for the passenger(s)?

chachee52
06-25-2014, 01:19 PM
You can leave when you get your fill. Noone will be there saying you can't leave by 1. or 2. or whenever. I don't intend on staying the whole day either as I have stuff to do as well. I'm trying to support this event in the way I can so that it will hopefully become a huge success. I don't plan on going to Carlisle every year. It would be nice to have something in our own backyard.

I know I can leave any time. I too want to see something come of this event. I truely am not a fan of the track so I will try to head up on Saturday to Loudon if I get things done around the house. If I was going to the lake this weekend I would have gone to the Meet and Greet at the Weirs.
Also I just found out that I am going to help a friend move his father into a nursing home Sunday AM. So I would have had to of bailed from Sunday anyway.

Dennis O'Shea
06-25-2014, 01:35 PM
I really don't know for sure. All that was said was what I posted you could PM him on Smokin Stangs and find out for sure
Dennis -- Do you know -- is that $20/person, $20/car, or $20 for the driver, and another rate for the passenger(s)?

chachee52
06-25-2014, 02:03 PM
I really don't know for sure. All that was said was what I posted you could PM him on Smokin Stangs and find out for sure
Bob posted something about this on the Smokinstangs web site, but I can't find it right this second. I'll look again or Jim you can go and sign in and it was within the last 2 days it was posted.

TorchredSVT
06-25-2014, 03:45 PM
http://www.smokinstangs.com/showthread.php/4692-SmokinStangs-Laconia-2014-Official-Car-Show-Judges/page2

See post #12

It's $10 to enter NED PER PERSON + $10 entrance fee to the car show. Expect for two people to pay $30.

SVT10th
06-25-2014, 04:16 PM
http://www.smokinstangs.com/showthread.php/4692-SmokinStangs-Laconia-2014-Official-Car-Show-Judges/page2

See post #12

It's $10 to enter NED PER PERSON + $10 entrance fee to the car show. Expect for two people to pay $30.

Cool, Thanks.

SVT10th
06-26-2014, 11:02 AM
I posted this in the meetup thread too, but I thought I break my own rule and double post this. (I can, I'm the admin :cool:)

"By the way -- Bob posted in the SmokinStangs forum that the PAVED entrance will be the one in use on sunday. No one should have to drive over the dirt for this event."

Dennis O'Shea
06-26-2014, 11:49 AM
You Are :p"THE ADMINISTRATOR":p And you can do what ever you want:D
I posted this in the meetup thread too, but I thought I break my own rule and double post this. (I can, I'm the admin :cool:)

"By the way -- Bob posted in the SmokinStangs forum that the PAVED entrance will be the one in use on sunday. No one should have to drive over the dirt for this event."

SVT10th
06-26-2014, 12:51 PM
You Are :p"THE ADMINISTRATOR":p And you can do what ever you want:D

NOW you're getting it... Who says Old dogs don't learn new tricks?

Dennis O'Shea
06-26-2014, 02:38 PM
RUFF RUFF I promise I won't Pee on your tire on Sunday
NOW you're getting it... Who says Old dogs don't learn new tricks?