PDA

View Full Version : Repair / Upgrade complete

MY-S281
05-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Many thanks to the PREZ !!

Once again, Rick has done what he does best.. Taking care of fellow NHMC members is a specialty of his, and he does it well !!

Rear Diff upgraded to Cobra 31 spline with and new carrier bearings and Moser axles, Axle bearings, seals and fluids all taken care of Saturday.
I am back rolling down the road and a happy camper !! here are a few pics from Saturday Fun..

Thanks Rick !! Next Posi Run is in your honor !!!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/nh4you/IMG_1794.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/nh4you/IMG_1798.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/nh4you/IMG_1802.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/nh4you/IMG_1803.jpg

Dennis O'Shea
05-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Looks great Not to give our Great Leader a Big Head but "He Is Pretty Good "

LILBLKSNAKE
05-22-2012, 09:04 AM
He might even work on Catalina's, there is a Pontiac Beaumont in his garage!!

Jibber
05-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Looks great Not to give our Great Leader a Big Head but "He Is Pretty Good "

I can attest to that.

rhoidahl
05-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Wasn't the Beaumont a Chevy?? I believe it was the Canadian version of the Chevelle...

MY-S281
05-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Wasn't the Beaumont a Chevy?? I believe it was the Canadian version of the Chevelle...

you would be correct , Chevy's Canadian version of the Chevelle is how I understand it as well.. .!! Its actually a pretty cool car.!!

LILBLKSNAKE
05-24-2012, 07:41 AM

I think you are correct. O'Shea has me all confused with his babble about Pontiac Catalina's

Jibber
05-24-2012, 08:13 AM
I think you are correct. O'Shea has me all confused with his babble about Pontiac Catalina's

I like blaming O'Shea for everything too.

Dennis O'Shea
05-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Let me straighten you boys out once and for all the Beaumont is a Cheverolet The Pontiac version of that car was known as the Pariessean My French spelling is not good but that is the way those car were made in Canada From now on when you have a question about the french versions of the american car's I am you Man OOOLALALA WEWEWe

rhoidahl
05-28-2012, 08:05 PM
A few years ago, we used to have a Beaumont show up at some of the local cruise nights and car shows. Here's the real scoop; while the Beaumont did start out as a Chevy, it actually ended up as a Pontiac.

...The Beaumont car grew out of the 1964-65 Acadian Beaumont model, which was based on the contemporary Chevrolet Chevy II (Nova), then Chevelle. These Beaumonts featured the Chevrolet Chevelle body with minor styling revisions, including different taillights and a Pontiac-style split grille. The interior used the dash panel from the (U.S.) Pontiac Tempest/LeMans/GTO series. From 1966, the Acadian name was dropped and Beaumont became a standalone marque, still sold by Pontiac-Buick dealers. The cars sported a new emblem, based on Pontiac's arrowhead motif with two red maple leaves added. They featured the same powerplants as the Chevelle, including the OHV inline six-cylinder engine, and a variety of small- and big-block V8s. The V8 engine choices included small-block 283, 307, 327, and later 350 cubic-inch versions, while the Mark IV big-block could be ordered in its 396 cubic inch displacement. 3- and 4-speed manual transmissions were available, as were the 2-speed Powerglide and 3-speed Turbo-Hydramatic automatics. The SD (Sport Deluxe) models were equivalent to the Chevelle Super Sport trim level, and featured bucket seats and center console, as well as SD body striping and trim. The SD396 models are the most desirable Beaumonts today. Few were built, however, and most succumbed to the harsh Canadian winter climate, which makes them significantly more rare than equivalent Chevelles and desirable to some collectors. The SD series was available in both 2-door hardtop and convertible body styles. In addition to the SD series, the Beaumont line included Custom and Deluxe lines. A convertible was available in the base Beaumont series, a model never offered in the Chevelle line. The Beaumont continued through the 1969 model year, after which it was replaced in the Canadian market by the Pontiac LeMans...