PDA

View Full Version : Forum Administration

SVT10th
05-05-2014, 02:59 PM
All,
There has been some discussion in a few thread about who has rights to perform various actions on this site.

As of this afternoon, J granted me Admin rights on the forum. Since I am a daily visitor and have administered previous iterations of the NHMC forum, I will be assisting J to make the changes that you all are asking for.

J has been very busy -- but has some cool-sounding plans for the forum and website that will hopefully be appearing over the next few months.

If anyone has any immediate changes they would like to suggest, please let me know -- either in this thread, or by PM.

Jibber
05-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Nice to hear Jim.
I appreciate, and support, your hard stance on NOT censoring forum content as long as it's within reasonable bounds.
Can't wait for the enhancements.

390gtconv
05-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Glad to hear things moving forward. No one person should be buried with all the work.

Jim would it make sense to post a new member application as a sticky under the "New Member" link? Thoughts

rhoidahl
05-05-2014, 07:32 PM
How about a "Marketplace" section for those selling cars or parts to post what they have for sale. I also think there should be one section where just club officers (and you Jim) can post things of importance -- call it "Officers Corner". Sometimes the Lobby gets quite congested. This will provide a spot for important notices, etc and will open up the Lobby for any general discussions that members choose to participate in.
Oh, I STILL cannot post in the Announcements Sections and yesterday could not paste in the Events section. Sure would like to see these things fixed...

390gtconv
05-05-2014, 09:05 PM
How about a "Marketplace" section for those selling cars or parts to post what they have for sale. I also think there should be one section where just club officers (and you Jim) can post things of importance -- call it "Officers Corner". Sometimes the Lobby gets quite congested. This will provide a spot for important notices, etc and will open up the Lobby for any general discussions that members choose to participate in.
Oh, I STILL cannot post in the Announcements Sections and yesterday could not paste in the Events section. Sure would like to see these things fixed...

Randy ... your yearly fees all paid up? lol

390gtconv
05-05-2014, 09:07 PM
To add to Randy's thoughts, in "Market Place" (or another) a spot called "VENDOR's CORRAL" for club members maybe????

TorchredSVT
05-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Nice to hear Jim.....let me know how I can help

Even though there's not a ton of traffic on here, doesn't mean we can't to our best to make it a good site

ToplessPony94
05-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Even though there's not a ton of traffic on here, doesn't mean we can't to our best to make it a good site

Right, and perhaps better site = more traffic.

Thanks for doing this, Jim. Perhaps I can lend a hand if my car ever stops trying to make it impossible for me to get it to Carlisle this year! Hope so!