PDA

View Full Version : Mustangs unlimited this sunday

TorchredSVT
04-23-2014, 08:52 AM
Thought I would post this up in case anyone felt like going. I think I am going to make the drive down pending the weather

Foureyepride.com guys have created a cruise....the meet up locations are as follows:

Itinerary For The Cruise:

(from Northern NH)
6:50am - 7:00 am departure - Rockingham park (Salem NH) FIRST MEET
7:15 departure - Rest Area on 495 after Lowell connector/Route 3
7:45 am departure - Westboro Rest Area on the Mass Pike between Exits 11A and 11
8:30 am - Sturbridge Rest Area - FIRST Rest Area on Route 84 after merging onto Route 84 from the Mass Pike After Exit 2 and before 1
9:00 am - Arrive at Mustangs Unlimited

chachee52
04-23-2014, 01:48 PM
I'd like to, but I'm hoping to get all my yard stuff done this weekend. Plus I think that it's too far for me (haven't changed the oil in anticipation of taking the engine out to rebuild).
But I do want to hit one of these at some point.

ToplessPony94
04-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Not sure yet, but I may be able to make this. Probably won't be sure until the day before. If I do, I'll jump in at the 495 Chelmsford rest area.

TorchredSVT
04-24-2014, 08:34 AM
weather is looking iffy right now.....but its only thursday, we'll see

390gtconv
04-24-2014, 10:12 AM
Sunday, some clouds in am then clearing as day goes on.... So far Sunday looks OK.
http://www.whdh.com/weather
http://www.myfoxboston.com/weather
or
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/plainfield-ct/06374/daily-weather-forecast/2371_pc

TorchredSVT
04-28-2014, 08:44 AM
Was down in CT meeting a family for our foster pup and drove by the show.....didn't go down becuase of the weather. Boy am I glad I didn't......lets just say this place was less than desirable.
Atleast I know now.....

chachee52
04-28-2014, 08:50 PM
The entire shop is less than desirable or just the show?

07 stang gt
04-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Their shop is a big warehouse with only very long glass counters where catalogs are displayed with some parts in the glass displays and they have some cool Mustangs on display as well, other than that, pretty boring, but they have an unbelievable parts warehouse.

390gtconv
04-28-2014, 11:38 PM
I went to MU in Conn ~ 12 yrs ago (not my first time). That was when they had counter help that new older cars very well and were helpful as well as knowledgeable. Went a few yrs later for parts because my last couple orders were shipped incorrect. It was immediately obvious that old staff gone, newer staff & management just phone jockeys. So that point on if I need an expensive part, going in person to pickup and inspect.

TorchredSVT
04-29-2014, 08:38 AM
the location it self just is not great. As mentioned, mustangs unlimited is a giant wearhouse, not really a big surprise as it is a mail order company. I can't speak to their business, never done anything with them.

I am referring to the parking lot itself, its small, on the side of the hill and there is NO room for spectator parking. I can't see them getting more than 75 cars in their lot , and even that's pushing it. Just not a great location for a show in my opinion.

chachee52
04-29-2014, 08:53 AM
Good to know Ian. That was a show that has been on my list to go to. I guess it will just go lower on the list now.