PDA

View Full Version : Last chance to import a new Falcon

chachee52
04-09-2014, 08:07 AM
https://autos.yahoo.com/news/ford-announces-final-falcon-gt-muscle-sedan-075005909.html

Wonder what they are going to replace it with?

TorchredSVT
04-09-2014, 08:38 AM
I wonder if they are getting ready to launch the new world mustang there?

Also, either ford things australians are idiiots, or they are adding the smallest supercharger ever. Directly from the article:

"The new special edition will be called the Falcon GT F, and is expected to feature a supercharged version of Ford’s 5.0-liter ‘Coyote’ V-8 tuned to deliver close to 470 horsepower. The current Falcon GT models already feature this engine, but with output tuned to 450 horsepower"

Really Ford? 20 hp from the addition of a supercharger on a coyote motor? LOLZ

390gtconv
04-09-2014, 09:38 AM
My son Chris had to travel to Australia for work couple years ago and got to ride in one, nice cars he said. He brought home some dealer books. The UTE they sell is cool.

Dennis O'Shea
04-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Thats the car that JIBBER's looking at :D:p:D

SVT10th
04-09-2014, 01:49 PM
I wonder if they are getting ready to launch the new world mustang there?

Also, either ford things australians are idiiots, or they are adding the smallest supercharger ever. Directly from the article:

"The new special edition will be called the Falcon GT F, and is expected to feature a supercharged version of Ford’s 5.0-liter ‘Coyote’ V-8 tuned to deliver close to 470 horsepower. The current Falcon GT models already feature this engine, but with output tuned to 450 horsepower"

Really Ford? 20 hp from the addition of a supercharger on a coyote motor? LOLZ

It's a S/C so I wonder how much torque it adds? Maybe that was the point? I'd rather have torque than HP. And besides it's all about marketing -- there's lots of car models where they only add a few HP to make a "special" edition. Most people don't mod their cars, so 20 hp is a increase that they wouldn't normal have. For example, remember how much HP the '01-02 Bullitt had over the GT? 5.

EDIT:
Just did some further reading. The "regular" Falcon GT is also supercharged, so this is a tune, not complete addition of a supercharger. Also -- and more importantly -- if you convert 470 HP back the the KW that Australian cars use for power measurement, you come up with 351. Which is the target power number Ford Australia picked to commemorate the 1970 Falcon GT which utilized the iconic Ford 351 V8, and was at the time the fastest sedan in the world.

TorchredSVT
04-09-2014, 04:10 PM
well that makes a little bit more sense...article is just poorly written.

thanks for clearing that up