PDA

View Full Version : Fox Body Parts

mpbjr30
03-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know a good place to get fox body mustang parts? Looking for a local junk yard MA/NH. I'm looking for a 87-93 console frame, which none of the mustang resto sites seem to carry. Could buy it of ebay, but it would cost an arm and a leg to ship. It's for a 93, so it's the Opal Grey, which was only used in 93. Worst case I'll dye it. I was thinking about Tosy's in Wrenthem, but was wondering if there was something in the greater Merrimack Valley area. Thanks everyone!!

Dennis O'Shea
03-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Try Cj Pony Parts they are pretty reasonable on there pricing

390gtconv
03-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Rick Menard In my town of Chester, NH
# 603.887.4049

All he deals in is Fox cars. Used to have sevearal HUNDRED. If it's a common part, he's got most all of it.

mpbjr30
03-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll try giving Rick Menard a call. I've heard of his place before. I tried all the online shops Dennis, but none of them have the actual console frame. I have a 93 lx 5.0 convertible that is all original with 48k on it. It was brought up from FL this past summer. Unfortunately or fortunately, it has the original cassette player. I can't even hear the radio with the top down. I got a whole new system from crutchfield which is great because they give you all the adapters so you don't have to cut any wires. If I want to get rid of the car down the road, I can put the stock radio and speakers back in and sell it as all original and unmodified. The one thing you have to do, to put a new stereo in, is drill four holes into the console, which I don't want to do. This is the reason for the console frame. I had a guy on CL that had a parts car with the console frame, correct color and all, but he ended up selling whole car. It doesn't have to be same grey, because they sell the dye, which is an option. Has anyone here been to Tosy's in Wrentham? I went there 25 years ago when I had my 65, but it's next to impossible to get someone on the phone, plus it's appointment only except for Saturdays. Thanks everyone for your time. Spring is just around the corner! I bought this car in mid September, so I hardly got to drive it. Looking forward to going to a club show!

-Mike

07 stang gt
03-03-2014, 04:55 AM
If none of that pans out for you, try Mustangs Unlimited in Conn. They carry lots of original parts for all years and have been in business forever.

390gtconv
03-03-2014, 07:18 AM
Thanks everyone! I'll try giving Rick Menard a call. I've heard of his place before. I tried all the online shops Dennis, but none of them have the actual console frame. I have a 93 lx 5.0 convertible that is all original with 48k on it. I bought this car in mid September, so I hardly got to drive it. Looking forward to going to a club show!

-Mike

Rick is a friend to many on this forum and is one of the vendors that helped us out with our Project Fallen Hero '88 GT last last year. If you need more help than that let me know. What area you coming from? Not listed in your bio?

390gtconv
03-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll try giving Rick Menard a call. I've heard of his place before. I tried all the online shops Dennis, but none of them have the actual console frame. I have a 93 lx 5.0 convertible that is all original with 48k on it. It was brought up from FL this past summer. Unfortunately or fortunately, it has the original cassette player. I can't even hear the radio with the top down. I got a whole new system from crutchfield which is great because they give you all the adapters so you don't have to cut any wires. If I want to get rid of the car down the road, I can put the stock radio and speakers back in and sell it as all original and unmodified. The one thing you have to do, to put a new stereo in, is drill four holes into the console, which I don't want to do. This is the reason for the console frame. I had a guy on CL that had a parts car with the console frame, correct color and all, but he ended up selling whole car. It doesn't have to be same grey, because they sell the dye, which is an option. Has anyone here been to Tosy's in Wrentham? I went there 25 years ago when I had my 65, but it's next to impossible to get someone on the phone, plus it's appointment only except for Saturdays. Thanks everyone for your time. Spring is just around the corner! I bought this car in mid September, so I hardly got to drive it. Looking forward to going to a club show!

-Mike

Did ever get in touch with Rick Menard?
Wondering how you made out?

mpbjr30
03-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Hi There,

Yes, I called Rick earlier in the week and was able to make it down there today. He had exactly what I needed at a great price! I know where I'll be going in the future if I need anything. It was nice to talk about Mustangs with him as well. Thanks so much for letting me know about him. I would've paid twice as much on ebay, not including shipping. Also, sorry I'm just replying now, I was busy during the week. By the way, I'm from Tewksbury. Just updated my bio. I'm sure I see you at one of the shows once spring rolls around. Thanks again!!!

-Mike

390gtconv
03-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Your welcome. It's what we're here for. Not much as far as Fox stuff he doesn't have.
Should have told you to mention my name, George, but he might have charged you more. lol
Come on summer so we can all meet up.