PDA

View Full Version : Forum beats Facebook?

Jibber
02-17-2014, 05:47 PM
I was shocked at yesterday's meeting to find that the majority of folks get their info from the forum. At least that was the consensus I got from the hands raised.

Who knew?

To all the "lurkers" and "creepers".... Hi. Posting won't hurt. Try it.

07 stang gt
02-18-2014, 05:38 AM
Not a Facebook guy. Get my info from the forum only.Sorry to have missed the Sunday meeting, had to bring my son to baseball tryouts as I mentioned before.According to some of the posting I have read on the forum, sounded like a very interesting meeting.

TorchredSVT
02-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Until I have my admin rights set up properly...I will get some hard facts behind that

What most people don't realize on FB is that when Randy or someone else put's a post up, there is a count on the post that says "seen by". Normally, this count is in the high 20's on FB. I'll be curious to see what tthread stats are vs fb posts.

LILBLKSNAKE
02-18-2014, 08:59 AM
It's like arguing about watching the news vs reading the newspaper. You'll never get just one source. Enjoy both and use them to our advantage. Who gives a rat's butt cheeks which is busier

ToplessPony94
02-18-2014, 10:54 AM
It's like arguing about watching the news vs reading the newspaper. You'll never get just one source. Enjoy both and use them to our advantage. Who gives a rat's butt cheeks which is busier

What he said! (Did I just agree with ED?)

390gtconv
02-18-2014, 11:03 AM
What he said! (Did I just agree with ED?)

Hmmm. I got idea, let's make ED the newly created position of CLUB Press/Events Coordinator!!!
Perfect fit, very good at it. :)

Jibber
02-18-2014, 01:19 PM
It's just an observation DBag. So Relax.

You too Bruce.

390gtconv
02-18-2014, 02:53 PM

You too Bruce.

I'm on couch relaxed.

"just a suggestion" fellow surfer...

ToplessPony94
02-18-2014, 03:38 PM

You too Bruce.

I'm relaxed - asleep at my desk at work... ;)

LILBLKSNAKE
02-18-2014, 04:29 PM

You too Bruce.

Even ED DAY has a Facebook!!!

390gtconv
02-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Yea BUT... you don't have a national holiday on calendar yet!

TorchredSVT
02-19-2014, 08:38 AM

100% agree with this statement......BUT since we have so few members using the forum this will be an issue and the debate will go on forever.

SVT10th
02-19-2014, 09:09 AM
According to the main page of the forum, there are 102 members, 23 of whom are counted as "active". There are apparently a lot of Lurkers who look but don't post.
Considering there are only about 170-180 members total in the NHMC and subtracting the roughly 20 members who don't use computers (and who get printed newsletters!), that reduces potential online members to about 150-160.

There are about 150 "followers" on Faceinvader last time I looked. Several of those are essentially duplicates -- for instance; Rick, Marie & Jess count as three Facinvader followers, but only one actual NHMC member because club membership is a "family" membership.

So IMHO while the forum represents only about 20% of the FB membership, it is still a valid information source for many members.

TorchredSVT
02-20-2014, 08:48 AM
I'd be willing to bet that half of that 102 # aren't club members or even real people...probably bots or spammers of some kind. Just how the forum world works......

I also know there are at least 10 - 15 NON members on the FB page..probably even more.