View Full Version : Super Bowl Commercials

390gtconv
02-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Which did you like?
So far:
Pistachios

chachee52
02-02-2014, 10:43 PM
I thought that all of them were pretty sad. The last few years have been disappointing.
But the game made me laugh!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

ToplessPony94
02-02-2014, 11:19 PM
As usual, the Clydesdales rule!

(They should have been playing for Denver! :p)

chachee52
02-03-2014, 08:23 AM
So thinking about it last night, I'd say the Muppets commercial was up there. And it was (good) to see that Tebow actually was able to make a Super Bowl before heading off to do college commentating.
I still stand by all and all the last couple years the commercials have not held up to the Super Bowl hype.

SVT10th
02-03-2014, 08:24 AM
The ads were pretty lame for the most part this year.
But as has been the case for the last few years, the auto makers had the best ones.

These are my top 3
Audi - Doberhuahua
Volkswagen - Engineers get their wings (The last line makes the whole commercial)
Doritos - Time Machine

oh -- and that was one of the worst half-time shows in recent memory. Even last year's Beyonce show was better.

TorchredSVT
02-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Even though I don't like Bruno Mar's, I thought he did a good job.....atleast he was really singing!! Red Hot chili peppers was just an odd pairing, but whatever

The only real commercial I liked was the Jerry Seinfeld reunion.

Overall, I think that companies are realizing that superbowl ad's are #overated and not worth the return.

ToplessPony94
02-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Even though I don't like Bruno Mar's, I thought he did a good job.....atleast he was really singing!! Red Hot chili peppers was just an odd pairing, but whatever

Yes. I expected to hate the half-time show, but it was actually somewhat interesting and entertaining. All of us watching together thought so. Chilli Peppers? Well.....

The ads were pretty lame for the most part this year.

Yeah, and what the heck was up with so many companies paying Superbowl rates just to show commercials I've already been seeing for weeks or months now? What were they thinking?

chachee52
02-03-2014, 02:03 PM
oh -- and that was one of the worst half-time shows in recent memory. Even last year's Beyonce show was better.

Gonna disagree with ya on this one Jim. I actually had no clue who Bruno Mars was, but I think that he put on a hell of a show. He didn't drag anything on. He actually sang the whole time and didn't lip-sync like the last 5+ years of performers. And looking really closely it looked like band might have been playing as well. Chili Peppers, although I am not a fan of theirs, I thought they made the show better as well. I do agree it was a strange pairing, but what other SB half time shows haven't had odd pairings (Aerosmith and Brittney comes to mind).
Would I go out and buy a Bruno CD? No. Would I go see one of his concerts? No, but as the Half Time shows go, I thought he did a great job.

O, yeah. What is Maserati doing putting a SB ad on the TV? I thought that was odd. I can't say I've ever seen a Maserati ad EVER.

ToplessPony94
02-03-2014, 02:36 PM
O, yeah. What is Maserati doing putting a SB ad on the TV? I thought that was odd. I can't say I've ever seen a Maserati ad EVER.

Maserati ads have been all over the free apps on my Android phone lately (past 2 months or so). I've been wondering what that was about, too!

Dennis O'Shea
02-03-2014, 03:10 PM
You Can lease that model in the commerical At Herb Chambers for seventy nine hundred down and seven hundred eighty nine a month

SVT10th
02-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Gonna disagree with ya on this one Jim. I actually had no clue who Bruno Mars was, but I think that he put on a hell of a show. He didn't drag anything on. He actually sang the whole time and didn't lip-sync like the last 5+ years of performers. And looking really closely it looked like band might have been playing as well. Chili Peppers, although I am not a fan of theirs, I thought they made the show better as well. I do agree it was a strange pairing, but what other SB half time shows haven't had odd pairings (Aerosmith and Brittney comes to mind).
Would I go out and buy a Bruno CD? No. Would I go see one of his concerts? No, but as the Half Time shows go, I thought he did a great job.

It wasn't cause I didn't like the music -- I didn't mind it. I just thought the show was boring. Yes, he sang and the band played and there was no apparent cheating. But it was "just" a concert with fireworks. BFD. It wasn't "spectacular".
Whatever, different strokes.

Maserati is trying to re-enter the US market. They've been planing this move for several years ( I remember reading about it 2 or 3 years ago) -- but as the ads said, they had to wait until the time was right to make their move.

chachee52
02-03-2014, 09:11 PM
It wasn't cause I didn't like the music -- I didn't mind it. I just thought the show was boring. Yes, he sang and the band played and there was no apparent cheating. But it was "just" a concert with fireworks. BFD. It wasn't "spectacular".
Whatever, different strokes.

WAIT!!!!! I figured it out!!!!!!
It didn't have any half naked girls to look at!!!!!!!!
So no half naked girl does = boring, ok I agree with you now :D

390gtconv
02-05-2014, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=chachee52;8005]Gonna disagree with ya on this one Jim. I actually had no clue who Bruno Mars was, but I think that he put on a hell of a show. He didn't drag anything on. He actually sang the whole time and didn't lip-sync like the last 5+ years of performers. And looking really closely it looked like band might have been playing as well. Chili Peppers, although I am not a fan of theirs, I thought they made the show better as well. I do agree it was a strange pairing, but what other SB half time shows haven't had odd pairings (Aerosmith and Brittney comes to mind).
QUOTE]

Who knew:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/04/showbiz/super-bowl-red-hot-chili-peppers/index.html?hpt=hp_t5

chachee52
02-05-2014, 01:26 PM
I understand the complication of the sound system with all the instruments. Spent long hours doing sound checks before. So the C.P. band was not live, Bruno's horn section did have mics and the guitars had wireless plugs in. I wonder if that was pre-recorded as well? Either way, the voices were all live and I do think that was the first time in a VERY long time at the SB