PDA

View Full Version : World of wheels update

rhoidahl
01-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Earlier this afternoon, I spoke with Rick Finnamore who runs World of Wheels. They will be able to hold some spots for us, as they have done in the past. However, if a car has been in this show twice previously, it is not eligible to be entered again UNLESS there have been "substantial" modifications done to it. This means that some of us who have done this show twice with the same car cannot enter it again this year. So ... I need to know who is interested in entering their vehicle this year. Show dates are 3/27 through 3/30. If interested, you can respond to this post, send me a FB message, or email me at rhoidahl@hotmail.com.

390gtconv
01-22-2014, 04:32 PM
Randy just to clarify on number of times entered, is that TOTAL times entered or 2 times in a row?
For me not gonna do again, although my trans is finally fixed, to many other things to get detailed.

chachee52
01-22-2014, 07:51 PM
I would but my car is leaking a lot of different fluids right now, so probably not the best car to bring. But if you do need me to, I have a rug to put under it and am willing to put it in.

Jibber
01-22-2014, 09:56 PM
How many cars do you need? Does this mean that you, Rick and Keith Douglas cant enter their cars?

07 stang gt
01-23-2014, 05:55 AM
I sent my application in 3 weeks ago since I did not hear back from you and as I mentioned in a previous post I will be glad to go BUT did not want to take anyones place if the club wanted someone else to go instead of me since I have been there 2 years in a row. I also do not have a problem going and having my own spot either. I emailed Rick as well to mention the upgrades from last years show ( added "real fire flames"airbrushed under the hood, upgraded interior trim,added aluminum Moroso battery cover under hood, upgrade trunk area, and still have some extras that will be ready by show time) and it sounded fine with Rick but sounds like he was waiting to hear back from the club as to how many people were going from the club.Do not forget if anyone would like to have thier car detailed for the show, I would love to detail it for you!!! If I go fine, if not, that's ok too, but need to know so I can finish up so its ready to go.1969197019711972

rhoidahl
01-23-2014, 08:10 PM
OK -- in answer to your questions -- when I spoke with Rick Finnamore, he stated they were following the ISCA rule which, in his interpretation, states that any vehicle which has been entered into the show twice in the past in not eligible to be entered in the show again unless there have been substantial modifications. I disagree with his interpretation; the rule reads as follows -- 42. Members are limited to two consecutive years of winning an ISCA Championship with the same vehicle. Although they may enter ISCA shows the third consecutive season, their points will not be counted that season. Only by making significant changes to the championship vehicle so that it is unrecognizable (final determination to be made by Page 16 - ISCA 2012 Rulebook the Competition Committee), can the vehicle earn points during the third consecutive season. None of us have won an ISCA Championship so I don't think this rule applies. That being said, Rick may be interpreting the rule to get new vehicles in the show. Space was cut by 65% when the show moved from Bayside Expo to the Seaport Trade Center. I thought the show was moving to the Convention Center this year, in which case there would be no issues with space. But obviously the move didn't happen.
I am waiting for a few days before I get back to Rick about how many NHMC members will enter the show. But so far, the only one interested is Jimmy. Perhaps more would want to do the show again in the rule were interpreted in the way I think it is meant to be. I will check with Rick F on his interpretation and see what he says. More to follow in another few days ...

TorchredSVT
01-24-2014, 08:42 AM
The move to the expo center is never going to happen, they can't afford the space. One of the organizers is over on SVTp and posted up some interesting facts about this show.

Reality is you all will be able to enter your cars, you'll just need to get approval from the group who lets car's in. Attendance at this show is down and has been down, therefore they are letting most everything that enters participate.

With that said, I don't have any desire to put my car in...only hang out.

390gtconv
01-24-2014, 12:05 PM
plus remember folks have to be able to get it there rain, snow or shine. in past some folks dropped out because of weather last minute.

Jibber
01-24-2014, 11:13 PM
With that said, I don't have any desire to put my car in...only hang out.

Come on Ian. We need your car for this event. I'm sure you could find someone with an enclosed trailer (cough.... George Martin) to get your car down there.

Ryans car, One of Joe Goulds cars, Rich's car, and Ed's cobra would all be quality entries into this event.

LILBLKSNAKE
01-25-2014, 11:35 AM
Ed's cobra would all be quality entries into this event.

I'll have to ask Amy.

TorchredSVT
01-27-2014, 08:37 AM
While I appreciate the love and encouragement...it's just a stock looking 03 cobra

07 stang gt
01-28-2014, 06:45 AM
Ya but it's the only 03 cobra with a bullet hole in the seat!!:eek:

rhoidahl
02-04-2014, 11:39 AM
LAST CALLFOR WORLD OF WHEELS -- Let me know by the end of the week. THANKS...

chachee52
02-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Randy talked to me last night, and I am going to put my car into the show. So looks like the next few weeks I will be under my car trying to see how I can do a quick fix on the power steering. Look forward to hanging out with everyone and getting my car all nice and pretty to represent our club.

390gtconv
02-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Randy talked to me last night, and I am going to put my car into the show. So looks like the next few weeks I will be under my car trying to see how I can do a quick fix on the power steering. Look forward to hanging out with everyone and getting my car all nice and pretty to represent our club.

Make sure you roll down your windows

chachee52
02-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Make sure you roll down your windows

No problem with that. A couple of them won't stay up right now. That was another winter project of mine.

LILBLKSNAKE
02-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Project Chachee Truffle is under way!!

Jibber
02-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Thats great Todd. The VP making a personal request... That's big!

390gtconv
02-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Thats great Todd. The VP making a personal request... That's big!

And Todd I won't be there, judges will be all over your car.

chachee52
02-06-2014, 10:26 PM
And Todd I won't be there, judges will be all over your car.

Yup, Laughing over it being there :D