PDA

View Full Version : Its a good thing

chachee52
01-03-2014, 08:52 AM
Its a good thing that my company shut down yesterday at 1pm and decided yesterday to also close every office today as well. Because its just the WORST storm I've ever seen!!!
It's a great business plan to take and close your offices to people that come in and give you money, right after you say "we need to try to get more people in because we need to make more money".
And It's great that the company gives us the option to either take the day off without pay or our own vacation time.
O'well, Enjoy cleaning out everyone. Be careful of the wind. Remember to point to snow blower directly into the wind

TorchredSVT
01-03-2014, 09:01 AM
well, parts of the state did get 2ft + of snow......it is going to take a while for the roads to get cleared out

BUT

I tend to agree with you, seems a little bit crazy how 10 - 12" of snow creates mass hysteria. The pussification of America continues :)

chachee52
01-03-2014, 09:18 AM
well, parts of the state did get 2ft + of snow......it is going to take a while for the roads to get cleared out

BUT

I tend to agree with you, seems a little bit crazy how 10 - 12" of snow creates mass hysteria. The pussification of America continues :)
My Company is based out of Salem, NH. Yes we have 20+ clinics but they are all within the area. The snow is fluff, they have kept us working through worse snow. And the snow has stopped now. So our clinic is open until 5pm tonight and the roads will be cleaned by then (they look pretty clear now around here).

ToplessPony94
01-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I couldn't believe it when the Post Office told me that my package didn't get delivered yesterday because they called all the mail trucks back to the delivery site about 1PM yesterday. There was almost nothing on the roads at that time and things were fine. I guess this really isn't the USPS of 50 years ago that delivered the mail ON FOOT no matter what the conditions. As a kid I remember a postman forcing his way through 2.5 feet of snow to deliver letters. When I commented on it, his reply was, "That's why the (leather) mail pouch has a cover flap." :cool:

I wasn't really upset about the package not getting delivered. The only reason I called is that this happened a year or two ago (non-delivery due to snow) and they never attempted delivery again until I finally called after about 2 weeks and asked what ever happened to my package. Just wanted to make sure that didn't happen again. ;)

KARMAN
01-03-2014, 07:13 PM
I enjoyed driving around with fewer cars on the road.
I was not scheduled for Thursday or Friday at work anyway (not my choice, but they gave me a full week's pay).