PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year

chachee52
01-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year. Let the rest of the year be blessed with health and lots of gas for our cars to cruise around (that's the happiness part).
My New Years Resolution is to eat more kinds of Bacon, but not Canadian Bacon, those Canadians lie about bacon ;)

Jibber
01-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Happy New Year. May the countdown to ED day 2014 Begin.
(We all know this as the UN-official start of the driving season)

ToplessPony94
01-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Happy New Year. May the countdown to ED day 2014 Begin.
(We all know this as the UN-official start of the driving season)

Good thought there! I'm hearing rumors that ED Day 2014 is going to be even earlier in the year than usual (and probably even colder!) but haven't seen anything official yet...

whtmare
01-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Happy new ears !!:p

07 stang gt
01-02-2014, 06:01 AM
Happy New Year to all of you. It's that much closer to the driving season !!!!:o

TorchredSVT
01-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Happy new year!!!

Bruce, Ed Day will be on April 19th this year. Fingers crossed we don't have a repeat of two years ago!!

ToplessPony94
01-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Happy new year!!!

Bruce, Ed Day will be on April 19th this year. Fingers crossed we don't have a repeat of two years ago!!

Yeah, that's what I heard. Thanks for the confirmation. That may knock a lot of folks out of racing, since I suspect the temps will be in a range where my NT-05s would not get a lot of grip even on a track in good condition.

Poor track condition and no grip is the reason I dropped out after the first qual run after lunch 2 years ago. Heck, it was so bad I even broke loose on my 4 to 5 shift and 5th is an overdrive gear! And it's not like my N/A car has that kind of power!

SVT10th
01-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Happy new year!!!

That date will knock out a few participants I think -- I bet a few are going to be in Charlotte for the Mustang 50th Anniversary.

ToplessPony94
01-02-2014, 12:12 PM
That date will knock out a few participants I think -- I bet a few are going to be in Charlotte for the Mustang 50th Anniversary.

I also just realized it's the day before Easter. Since many people travel that weekend, it will probably knock out some attendance for that reason, too.

TorchredSVT
01-02-2014, 01:56 PM
We'll see...support so far on Facebook is looking good and with all of Ed's new racing buddies I think it will be a record year for racers.

ToplessPony94
01-02-2014, 02:22 PM
We'll see...support so far on Facebook is looking good and with all of Ed's new racing buddies I think it will be a record year for racers.

That would be a good thing. Hope it turns out that way. I guess folks who own drag radials will have less trouble with cold weather, though the rest may feel somewhat left out. Personally, I probably won't register to race, but if the weather/temp/track is decent I will volunteer to fill a slot if needed. It's always great to see folks at ED Day no matter what.

ToplessPony94
04-22-2014, 02:36 PM
Hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year. Let the rest of the year be blessed with health and lots of gas for our cars to cruise around (that's the happiness part).
My New Years Resolution is to eat more kinds of Bacon, but not Canadian Bacon, those Canadians lie about bacon ;)

Todd, Just for YOU!

http://www.lollyphile.com/products/sriracha-bacon-lollipops

chachee52
04-22-2014, 08:10 PM
hmmm, I've had bacon lollypops, but not Sriracha. Interesting :o