PDA

View Full Version : Wanna guess what the next "collectable" thing is?

390gtconv
12-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Maybe right up there with the terminators. lol

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/13/news/economy/light-bulb-ban/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
:eek:

Heck, we need something to read/discuss between now and Pizza party in Feb.

chachee52
12-13-2013, 07:54 AM

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/13/news/economy/light-bulb-ban/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
:eek:

Heck, we need something to read/discuss between now and Pizza party in Feb.

I don't think that I'm going to be collecting light bulbs, but I won't judge if you start.

390gtconv
12-13-2013, 08:08 AM
I don't think that I'm going to be collecting light bulbs, but I won't judge if you start.
Will you then install LED lights on your 67 when you do work to it this winter/spring?

Jibber
12-13-2013, 08:48 AM

Why are you laughing at that? We already know this to be true anyways.

My house has already been swapped over to LED bulbs. As I travel throughout the NE area, I came across great deals on LED bulbs in Maine.
The state had taken their Federal Money and pumped it into instant rebates on certain common LED bulbs. (40w, 60w and 65w can lights)
I bought over $350 worth of bulbs (if I would have purchased them in NH) for right around $150 as the bulbs were sharply discounted.
I feel all green now.

ToplessPony94
12-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Will you then install LED lights on your 67 when you do work to it this winter/spring?

Actually, I'm expecting to swap out all of my exterior bulbs on my 94 to LEDs soon. I got a great deal on LEDs and I think I found a solid state "relay" that will fit my car that will eliminate the need for load resistors. If it works I'll post it and the source, as it should work for anyone with at least a 94-04 if it works for me.

KARMAN
12-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Just yesterday, I picked up some CFLs with traditional bulb housings on sale for $1 each (60W equiv.).

I think I can afford the new incandescents they are less than $2 each regular price:
http://www.sears.com/sylvania-osram-72w-a19-soft-white-halogen-equiv/p-03417648000P?prdNo=6&blockNo=6&blockType=G6
Oh, and they use less power too.

I have already converted my house to LED and CFL anyway.

The appliance incandescent bulbs should still be available under the new rules (see pg.2 of pdf below).
Here is info on the rules:
http://ceolas.net/Docs/Osram_Sylvania_rules_USA_Ban.pdf

chachee52
12-13-2013, 05:21 PM
When I first bought my house National Grid did a free energy audit on my house and switched all my lights over for free. It's a great program they have. If you need any updating they will suggest it and then give you a HUGE discount on someone that will do it, then come back out again to check the house again. I got my entire attic filled with 8" of blown in insulation for $150 and they installed gaskets around all my doors and put in a attic stair sealed box. Not bad deal if you live in MA and have NatGrid.

390gtconv
12-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Nat Grid wasn't so popular during big ice storms. Public not happy at all. guess all ok when everything is running.

chachee52
12-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Nat Grid wasn't so popular during big ice storms. Public not happy at all. guess all ok when everything is running.
Was any electric co. popular with the ice storm? I had no problem with what happened. People just don't understand what needs to happen to fix a MAJOR problem like what happened.
They only thing that I blame them for is the killing of my shark tank. Poor fishies, they went through so much to freeze to death :-(

Dennis O'Shea
12-14-2013, 11:07 AM
I had no problem with the electric Co 20 seconds after the power went out the whole house generator kicked on all was good with the world With all the power outages you have up here a Generator is a no brainer
Was any electric co. popular with the ice storm? I had no problem with what happened. People just don't understand what needs to happen to fix a MAJOR problem like what happened.
They only thing that I blame them for is the killing of my shark tank. Poor fishies, they went through so much to freeze to death :-(

ToplessPony94
12-14-2013, 10:09 PM
I had no problem with the electric Co 20 seconds after the power went out the whole house generator kicked on all was good with the world With all the power outages you have up here a Generator is a no brainer

Yup! Our power was out 6.5 days and we were without power for 20-25 minutes. Our generator isn't permanently hooked up so it took me that long to decide the power wasn't coming right back, get the generator out, hook it up and start it. From that point on we were only without power long enough to shut it down to fill the tank and start it right back up again. Gotta have a generator these days - can't rely on others - that's been a proven fact for at least the past 20 years.

07 stang gt
12-15-2013, 05:18 AM
So true. I bought a generator after (during) the ice storm when the power was out for 8 days. Swore I would never go through that again. Had a buddy of mine wire it up so I have heat, fridge, lights, water, etc. 2 must haves if you live up here, a generator and a back pack blower,and of course a Mustang !!! I guess thats 3.:rolleyes:

TorchredSVT
12-16-2013, 08:42 AM
When I first bought my house National Grid did a free energy audit on my house and switched all my lights over for free. It's a great program they have. If you need any updating they will suggest it and then give you a HUGE discount on someone that will do it, then come back out again to check the house again. I got my entire attic filled with 8" of blown in insulation for $150 and they installed gaskets around all my doors and put in a attic stair sealed box. Not bad deal if you live in MA and have NatGrid.

Did the same thing, and used MassSave to give me AC in my house..7 years interest free loan.