PDA

View Full Version : Carrol Shelby movie

SVT10th
12-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Tom Cruise is out to prove once again that he can no longer act. And this time he's going to take an Icon of American Muscle with him
He is set to star as... wait for it.... Carrol Shelby in the upcoming movie "Go Like Hell" about the Ford/Shelby vs. Ferrari battle of the 1960s.

Holy hell, he is such a sucky actor.... Next thing you know, Cruise will be claiming that Carrol was a nutty Scientologist too.

Anyway, read it and weep....
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0274060/news

I need a drink. :(

ToplessPony94
12-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Movie - Great! Cruise - (sigh)

Dennis O'Shea
12-12-2013, 12:29 PM
What"s Next Tom Cruise as lieutenant Bullit

MY-S281
12-12-2013, 02:54 PM
I wish Tom C. would just disappear. Just hearing his name irritates me !

chachee52
12-12-2013, 07:57 PM
He can't claim that Carol was a Scientologist, he had surgery to put a new heart in him. Which is suprising that Tom would want to play someone like that that goes against most of his beliefs?
O'well, yet another movie I won't be watching

Dennis O'Shea
12-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Just a little side note When Carroll was alive he was the worlds longest surviving heart transplant patient
He can't claim that Carol was a Scientologist, he had surgery to put a new heart in him. Which is suprising that Tom would want to play someone like that that goes against most of his beliefs?
O'well, yet another movie I won't be watching

chachee52
12-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Just a little side note When Carroll was alive he was the worlds longest surviving heart transplant patient
Yup, Most of the people would have been dead 20 years ago. Remember, I used to be in cardiac rehab so he was the topic of a lot of articles that were non-car related too

Jibber
12-13-2013, 08:51 AM
Wasn't Shelby like 6'3"+? Cruise is like 5'4". How will that work?

SVT10th
12-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Wasn't Shelby like 6'3"+? Cruise is like 5'4". How will that work?

He'll be rockin a pair of these...
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa52/langod/forum%20pic%20links/platformboots_zpsf63486ec.jpg

TorchredSVT
12-16-2013, 08:44 AM
i think tom cruise is a good actor, just not a good human being

SVT10th
12-17-2013, 09:12 AM
i think tom cruise is a good actor, just not a good human being

he can play fantasy characters, but sucks at "every day people". His version of War of the Worlds is on my list of the worst movies I've ever seen, mostly because he couldn't act as a regular Joe Sicpack to save his life. He's OK in the MI movies because he's not playing a realistic person.
Carrol was a down-to-Earth, regular guy who could drive the wheels off anything with an engine. That's WAY outside of Cruise's wheelhouse and he won't be able to pull it off.

(And before someone mentions Days of Thunder, two points -- one, Cruise was a much better/more believable actor 25 years ago, and second, Days of Thunder really isn't a very good movie. It's Top Gun with cars, but most of the actors just kinda phoned in their performances. It was made only to cash in on Cruise's popularity in Top Gun and the fact that he liked to race cars in real life.)

ToplessPony94
12-17-2013, 11:25 AM
he can play fantasy characters, but sucks at "every day people". His version of War of the Worlds is on my list of the worst movies I've ever seen, mostly because he couldn't act as a regular Joe Sicpack to save his life.

Yup. Cruise and Kostner - two of the most over-rated actors of our time.

TorchredSVT
12-17-2013, 11:42 AM
how dare you speak that way of Kevin Costner...........The Postman is one of my favorite movies!!

Jeeze Jim, War of the World's wasn't that bad!

Dennis O'Shea
12-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Being a Baseball fan I thought Field Of Dreams was pretty good Jim you should be come the club movie critic And rate a new movie in the news letter

ToplessPony94
12-17-2013, 12:15 PM
how dare you speak that way of Kevin Costner...........The Postman is one of my favorite movies!!

Didn't see that particular one. Go watch Thirteen Days and then tell me Kostner can act.

Right. It was worse.

SVT10th
12-17-2013, 12:47 PM

Yeah. Yeah it was. We're talking major Hollywood release with A-list stars. And it sucked. Hell, if Sharknado was made with a major hollywood budget, it probably would have been better than WotW.

I disagree with Bruce about Costner though. He's been in some real dogs, but at least he can act. It just seems he needs to be kept away from the directors chair.
Bull Durham and The Untouchables are both exceptional. He was great in the Hatfields and McCoys last year. Hell, even Waterworld was enjoyable, just not great.

SVT10th
12-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Being a Baseball fan I thought Field Of Dreams was pretty good Jim you should be come the club movie critic And rate a new movie in the news letter

Interesting idea. Hmmmm.....

TorchredSVT
12-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Didn't see that particular one. Go watch Thirteen Days and then tell me Kostner can act.

Wow, I actually really liked that movie and I enjoyed JFK too!!!

ToplessPony94
12-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Wow, I actually really liked that movie and I enjoyed JFK too!!!

I thoroughly enjoy the movie as a whole, but cringe every time Kostner opens his mouth.

Dennis O'Shea
12-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Great Movie but the Good Guy gets killed in the end

I thoroughly enjoy the movie as a whole, but cringe every time Kostner opens his mouth.