PDA

View Full Version : The 2015 MUSTANG!!!!

390gtconv
12-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Thank me later........
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=969

:)

Dennis O'Shea
12-03-2013, 06:02 PM
If that's it I Like it, I have come to the conclusion that Ford has done what they feel is right for the current time.And those who don't like it I don't think they are to worried they will sell Millions world wide no doubt it will still be the number one muscle sports car how ever you want to define it.Sold in the world

SVT10th
12-03-2013, 06:02 PM
SVTPerformance's servers must be melting. A member there was (allegedly) the original source of the pics. They're being linked to by Fox, CNN and various other outlets.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2015-s550-mustangs-419/978051-mark-your-calendars-dec-5th-new-mustang-will-unveiled-2.html#post13694140

Of course, the entire world being directed to Ford enthusiast sites is awesome....

But Ford must be PISSED.

ToplessPony94
12-03-2013, 06:18 PM
As someone already said on another forum, "If that's it, I'm not feeling it." Hope they somehow got it wrong.

chachee52
12-03-2013, 07:23 PM
I like it better than the "this might be it" pics. I do like the rear end a lot better than the current ones, but I might be a little bias because I think that it goes back to the original tail lights look. It's one of those cars that some parts I like, some are ok and I think that I will grow to like it once I see it in person.

ToplessPony94
12-03-2013, 09:10 PM
I like it better than the "this might be it" pics. I do like the rear end a lot better than the current ones, but I might be a little bias because I think that it goes back to the original tail lights look. It's one of those cars that some parts I like, some are ok and I think that I will grow to like it once I see it in person.

I don't like that business below the plate area at ALL. I won't bother with the rest of of the likes/don't likes. Mostly what I've said before anyway.

fredfordguy
12-04-2013, 06:05 AM
Not a bad looking car, it seems like a lot of cars, Fords included are copying the "open" split mouth grille started by the Mitsubishi Evo. Nice look, I'm sure it will go like stink...

07 stang gt
12-04-2013, 06:57 AM
I really want to see the real thing tomorrow on Good Morning America.We all must remember that this launch is a world wide car now, opening up to people that think the old platform is outdated, and it is , but the enthusiast like us on the forum, will always have something in our heart for the "old style" Mustangs. Independent rear suspension, aluminum fender panels, rear diffusiors, etc. are all things that people expect on the new cars out today. I look at my 2007 now and am happy that I bought one of the "Reto Style" Mustangs that was considered modern 6-7 years ago.But nothing wrong with change either, it will only make it that much stronger as a brand name for Ford.

SVT10th
12-04-2013, 09:38 AM
I kinda like it. I think it will look better in person than it does in the pics. It looks like it has a little bit of a European side profile. That's probably a good thing. The back end looks great -- on the front, I wish they'd gone with some of the more aggressive design elements seen in a few of the preliminary renders.

....Independent rear suspension, aluminum fender panels, rear diffusiors, etc. are all things that people expect on the new cars out today. ....

Some of us already have this on our 10 year old Mustangs -- along with lightweight composite hood, aluminum driveshaft, etc.
Glad to see the rest of the corral finally catching up to the Terminator...... ;)

390gtconv
12-04-2013, 02:11 PM
19491950I didn't like new gen III Fusion front at first but grew on me and plenty of others as they sell well.
NOW from side compare, 2013 vs 2015 .... very little diff. These pics supplied to me by JM.

ToplessPony94
12-04-2013, 03:20 PM
19491950I didn't like new gen III Fusion front at first but grew on me and plenty of others as they sell well.
NOW from side compare, 2013 vs 2015 .... very little diff. These pics supplied to me by JM.

George, I hear you about little difference, but the devil is always in the details, isn't it? It's the details of the changes (the LITTLE differences) that go in the wrong direction for me. Also, I think if you did the same side by side shot from the front and rear, the changes would not look so little.

390gtconv
12-04-2013, 05:45 PM
George, I hear you about little difference, but the devil is always in the details, isn't it? It's the details of the changes (the LITTLE differences) that go in the wrong direction for me. Also, I think if you did the same side by side short from the front and rear, the changes would not look so little.

Bruce, car designs have to keep changing. If not they go out of business. Some people handle change, some not. I see that all the time in my line of manufacturing, some people handle it better than others. Question is in time will the mass public embrace it? I think so as these design changes are not over the top.
IF back in the day when the say '67 mustang was out, then next design change was say 2002, people would have hated it. But because of gradual evolution, we get used to it.

I don't love or hate it until I see/touch it. But it's not aweful. My .02

ToplessPony94
12-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Bruce, car designs have to keep changing. If not they go out of business. Some people handle change, some not. I see that all the time in my line of manufacturing, some people handle it better than others. Question is in time will the mass public embrace it? I think so as these design changes are not over the top.
IF back in the day when the say '67 mustang was out, then next design change was say 2002, people would have hated it. But because of gradual evolution, we get used to it.

I don't love or hate it until I see/touch it. But it's not aweful. My .02

Well, I do always say that life would be very boring if we all liked the same things. And I too am waiting to see it in person (not on TV) before making a final judgement, but I'll say it again - I'm just not feeling it so far. YMMV.

390gtconv
12-05-2013, 07:08 AM
It's OFFICIAL!
On Ford's site.
http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2015/?bannerid=1356120|104676095|277827725|0&referrer=N3016.Microsoft
For me the pics in video look pretty good at that distance shown.

chachee52
12-05-2013, 08:01 AM
I got GMA on and it said "in minutes the mustang is coming". I've been watching for MINUTES and i that hasn't come. GMA SUCKS!!!

chachee52
12-05-2013, 08:35 AM
HEHEHEEH RED!!! That's how they show it!!!
Kind of disapointed that they didn't rev the engine though. Would have loved to hear it in the trailer.

Jibber
12-05-2013, 08:41 AM
I like it. I especially like the back of it. ALL Hail the IRS. Will add a lot to the car.
Triple Yellow FTW!

07 stang gt
12-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Buy a 2011 Shelby or a 2015 Mustang.......Hum............????????????

TorchredSVT
12-05-2013, 08:55 AM
my first impression is Meh.......don't love it, don't hate it. I'll have to wait and see one in person. So far, there are two bodylines I hate....front profile shot and where the roof meets the trunk. Characterless!!!

such a soft looking car

I'll gladly keep my 10 year old terminator any day thank you

SVT10th
12-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Overall -- as a whole -- I like it.
The side profile is a decent morph of current Mustang profile + euro sleek.
I think they could've done something more dramatic with the headlights.
The rear diffuser looks good. The center mount back-up light (in the diffuser) looks better than I expected.
Glad they didn't go with center mounted exhaust, but 4 tips (like the new Stingray) would've been cool.
Some of the smaller details are cool -- I like how they carried the hood bulge contour lines into the roofline...

TorchredSVT
12-05-2013, 09:25 AM
so I just watched an unveiling online in Sydney australia, they got a silver convertible. Convertible lines are nice, thats for sure

New front end is terrible, but like Jim, the profile of the back half is pretty nice.

I'll continue to look around, but i won't get a real sense of the car until I see it in person in production level quality

still saddens me how BIG the mustang has gotten

ToplessPony94
12-05-2013, 09:45 AM
It most definitely looks better in the official Ford pics than in the press pics we've seen. Still waiting for seeing it in person.

390gtconv
12-05-2013, 10:42 AM
1954My '67 dual exhaust has factory 4 tips. Than would be cool. I think the aftermarket stuff it gonna go crazy. More angle I keep seeing, I'm liking it. Best pic yet I think with 5.0 badge.

For those of use the go to Carlisle Ford Nationals next year, I'm sure we'll see it @ Ford display there. OK who's going? lol

http://content.carlisleevents.com/vo/?FileID=9ad34afd-2f67-47dd-aee2-a04edd86d490&m=86225c0c-5628-495f-a034-dd1ea3bfb611&MailID=27729475

ToplessPony94
12-05-2013, 11:10 AM
I wanna see the vert! :)

390gtconv
12-05-2013, 12:26 PM
I wanna see the vert! :)

A vert, here ya go, a green one....
http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?play=1&video=3000224199#eyJ2aWQiOiIzMDAwMjI0MTI5IiwiZW5jV mlkIjoiN29jM0JLK0NJNTFnQjQzVmZKazQwZz09IiwidlRhYiI 6InRyYW5zY3JpcHQiLCJ2UGFnZSI6IiIsImdOYXYiOlsiwqBMY XRlc3QgVmlkZW8iXSwiZ1NlY3QiOiJBTEwiLCJnUGFnZSI6IjE iLCJzeW0iOiIiLCJzZWFyY2giOiIifQ==

Now tell us what you think? :)

TorchredSVT
12-05-2013, 01:16 PM
So as I am seeing more and reading more, my opinion is changing a bit. I can't stand the new front of the car, everything else I am starting to like.

was just reading the 2.3 eco boos is going to produce around 300 / 305 hp/ft lb's. It makes me sad there is another 4 cyl mustang BUT I can see the desire to move to this platform
Depending upon the price, that would make a nice daily driver for sure. Too bad it's still RWD

Good article about it: http://reviews.cnet.com/coupe-hatchback/2015-ford-mustang/4505-10867_7-35832726.html
Best picture gallery I have seen.....yes, includes a Vert with lots of close up's: http://reviews.cnet.com/2300-10863_7-10019139-1.html

Regardless of my feelings on this, I think Ford has a winner on their hands.

ToplessPony94
12-05-2013, 01:18 PM
A vert, here ya go, a green one....
http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?play=1&video=3000224199#eyJ2aWQiOiIzMDAwMjI0MTI5IiwiZW5jV mlkIjoiN29jM0JLK0NJNTFnQjQzVmZKazQwZz09IiwidlRhYiI 6InRyYW5zY3JpcHQiLCJ2UGFnZSI6IiIsImdOYXYiOlsiwqBMY XRlc3QgVmlkZW8iXSwiZ1NlY3QiOiJBTEwiLCJnUGFnZSI6IjE iLCJzeW0iOiIiLCJzZWFyY2giOiIifQ==

Now tell us what you think? :)

Sorry, can't - wish I could. They never stood back far enough to allow me to form an overall impression. They were too intent on highlighting details.

ToplessPony94
12-05-2013, 01:27 PM
So as I am seeing more and reading more, my opinion is changing a bit. I can't stand the new front of the car, everything else I am starting to like.

Pretty much my thoughts too, Ian. Front is a disaster IMHO. And I have never liked projector headlights. The rest is better than we had been led to believe.

Best picture gallery I have seen.....yes, includes a Vert with lots of close up's: http://reviews.cnet.com/2300-10863_7-10019139-1.html

Regardless of my feelings on this, I think Ford has a winner on their hands.

Yeah, but I find most of the pics of the vert are still too closeup. I want to see it from a perspective. I do agree, though, that this will probably be more of a hit in Europe than previous models (which were not officially sold there anyway). I wish we had more european members on Mustang forums to get their thoughts.

SVT10th
12-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Does anyone else get a BMW hint from the sliver 'vert side-profile?

Looks kind of elegant actually -- a bit of a rarity for a Mustang.

TorchredSVT
12-05-2013, 04:03 PM
sure do......when i saw the pic's of the silver vert I was immediately brought to thinking about a BMW 335i convertible.........

390gtconv
12-05-2013, 04:50 PM
1957 When the 2005's came out, the look was retro to the '67 stang. Now the 2015 nose is retro to the '68 Shebly. I like it!!! Also front styling ques from the hot selling new Fusion. It's what sells, that works for Ford.

ToplessPony94
12-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Does anyone else get a BMW hint from the sliver 'vert side-profile?

Looks kind of elegant actually -- a bit of a rarity for a Mustang.

Yeah, I do. The problem I have with the vert is that it looks like the upper body line is flat. There really should be some rake to it, front to back. It's one of the things I really like about my 94.

KARMAN
12-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Like the interior.
The drivetrains look nice.
Don't like the front.
Don't like the head lights.
Don't like the tail lights.

Still, they need to produce a modern looking Mustang. There it is.
Overall...
I don't hate it. Maybe it will grow on me.;)

chachee52
12-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Has anyone else noticed that speedometer reads "GROUND SPEED"? That's a little tacky to me. Jen wants to know if they have an "AIRBORN SPEED" dial as well, I did not see one though.

Dennis O'Shea
12-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Has anyone else noticed that speedometer reads "GROUND SPEED"? That's a little tacky to me. Jen wants to know if they have an "AIRBORN SPEED" dial as well, I did not see one though.Only in the Black Models

chachee52
12-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Only in the Black Models
And what color did they choose to reveal it in????? NOT BLACK!!:p

07 stang gt
12-06-2013, 06:06 AM
That is Fords idea here, euorpian cues to please overseas, and still the american cues that make it a Mustang.A global launch was done by Ford, so you got to look at the whole picture here.I love the blend of both, and a nice job on the interior as well. As far as the front goes, take a look at any Shelby front end, open, very agressive, same design here, just a little more of a modern twist.Side pics are definetly all Mustang and as for the rear end, old style 64' taillight cues,modern style rear diffusers, nice rounded modern corners-very europian. I think a very nice blend for all.As far as the engines go, all manufactures have to meet 2015 CAFE specs as far as MPG's are concerned,meaning that your entire car/truck line needs to be at a certain gas mileage rating, we'll say 20 mpg's, by 2915. So, you'll have some cars in your line that will get 50 mpg, and your truck line averages 18 mpg, they will average them out, and if you do not meet CAFE regulations, they are MILLIONS of dollars in fines for that company.So, by 2015 calender year, there will be an Ecoboost motor in every car and truck line that Ford has.Talk about an Ecoboost motor for the new 2015 Superduty truck is a done deal according to my sources. They have to get the mpgs up or hefty fines. Aluminum will be a big factor in a lot of Fords plans as well. The new Mustang has them, the new F150 will have an aluminum truck bed, lighter is better for fuel economy so expect to see a lot more of it as time goes on. The Ecoboost motor will be in the Mustang as well,6 cyl. power out of a 4 cyl. design, V8 horsepower out of the 6cyl. Ecoboost in the F150, with over 20 mpgs in a pickup, use of little turbos producing lots of power. It's the future for all manufactures, like it or not, it has to happen.The big motors will stay as well for Shelby, and I hear that the new 2015 Mustang will have better track specs than a 2013/14 Boss.Time marches on....................

Dennis O'Shea
12-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Does Anyone know when it will be in the show rooms Or better still when production begins and pricing

390gtconv
12-06-2013, 07:50 AM
I watched a news report yesterday (CNN I think) and it was said that the Mustangs being displayed for the media are NOT 100% done. That a few minor "engineering changes" still need to be done. The press release has stated the it will available for sale in the fall of next year. No pricing yet but also was stated "as with any new car release, prices generally only increase a small marigin on the base models".

07 stang gt
12-06-2013, 08:11 AM
I will ask some of my dealers today when the order bank will open for dealer ordering, I will also be able to a get 2015 Dealer Ordering Guide for colors options etc.Will post when I know.

TorchredSVT
12-06-2013, 09:02 AM
1957 When the 2005's came out, the look was retro to the '67 stang. Now the 2015 nose is retro to the '68 Shebly. I like it!!! Also front styling ques from the hot selling new Fusion. It's what sells, that works for Ford.

I think you need your glasses adjusted. In no way shape or form does the 2015 resemble the 68. It now looks like a Ford Fusion, it's lost it's personal identiy as a car to hopefully boost sales all over the world. Smart business move for Ford, but that doesn't mean I have to like it

As for shipping and availability, we won't see these cars on dealer lots until the Fall so it's going to be a while.

SVT10th
12-06-2013, 09:48 AM
I think you need your glasses adjusted. In no way shape or form does the 2015 resemble the 68. It now looks like a Ford Fusion, it's lost it's personal identiy as a car to hopefully boost sales all over the world. Smart business move for Ford, but that doesn't mean I have to like it

As for shipping and availability, we won't see these cars on dealer lots until the Fall so it's going to be a while.

I believe Ford is saying it's supposed to evoke the 1969 Mustang. I don't really see it, except for the Sportsroof (fastback) line from the roof to tail and perhaps the shark-nose profile of the front end.

You're not the only person who seeing the styling as a "Ford Fusion Coupe". Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen. The coupe sales segment is almost dead and really only exists to provide "image" to a manufacturers lineup. Both Chevy and Ford sell more pickups in a week that they sell Camaro/Mustangs in a month. Perhaps giving the Mustang a family resemblance will boost sales. It's always looked significantly different than the rest of Ford's lineup, so if they're trying a new trick to increase sales -- and it works -- I'm OK with that.

390gtconv
12-06-2013, 09:57 AM
1958 QUOTE=TorchredSVT;7492]I think you need your glasses adjusted. In no way shape or form does the 2015 resemble the 68. It now looks like a Ford Fusion, it's lost it's personal identiy as a car to hopefully boost sales all over the world. Smart business move for Ford, but that doesn't mean I have to like it

QUOTE]
Wow! minus the driving lights, you don't get the similarities of the grill opening both upper & lower?? Plus the bumper extension in front of BOTH hoods??? Wow. I think Boston's smog has gotten to you. This comparrison was posted on another forum and agreed to by others. Not intended to be "dead nuts the same" just a styling que. Ford was quoated as saying they didn't want another big retro look, but some touches from the old cars. Then a move forward. Not all will like but this will sell well. Heck, some don't like mustang styles from the 90's and 2000's.
And yes many of Ford's new car line up has similiar front grills, even Focus ST.

LILBLKSNAKE
12-06-2013, 11:59 AM
you'll never get certain Terminator guys to admit they even made a mustang before or after 03-04

TorchredSVT
12-06-2013, 03:54 PM
68 GT500 like george has listed is probably my favorite mustang design of all time, with the terminator a close second actually :)

Ok George, I'll give you credit, the grill shape is a similar, but that's really where it ends.

You are telling me they look more different than a like? It's the same freaking front end!!! YUCK

Fusion:
http://www.thecoolist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/2013-Ford-Fusion-13.jpg
S550 Mustang
http://www.mustangheaven.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/2015Mustang_Red-427x250.jpg

ToplessPony94
12-06-2013, 04:46 PM
You are telling me they look more different than a like? It's the same freaking front end!!! YUCK

What he said!!!

I haven't liked a "shark mouth" car since the 61 Super 88.

390gtconv
12-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Bruce, have you seen pic with top UP?

KARMAN
12-06-2013, 05:48 PM
The first thing out of the mouth of my Ford owning friend at work was, "The front end looks like a Fusion".
I don't think he is the only one who will say that.:rolleyes:

390gtconv
12-06-2013, 06:31 PM
The first thing out of the mouth of my Ford owning friend at work was, "The front end looks like a Fusion".

A stretch but did the Fusion copy the '68 Shelby front? Actually the 68 Shelby has more of a recessed grill opening like the 2015 than the Fusion does!
Heck Fusion can't be so bad, It's listed as the 9th Best Selling car in Nov.
http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2013/12/top-10-best-selling-cars-november-2013.html

LILBLKSNAKE
12-06-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm just glad my next car will be Jimm Parsons 85 Notchback. That is probably my second favorite car after 96-98 COBRA's

ToplessPony94
12-06-2013, 09:15 PM

That's the first thing that gets posted on most of the news sites, too, when people (Ford enthusiasts or not) see it for the first time. Most don't like it.

ToplessPony94
12-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Bruce, have you seen pic with top UP?

Yup. Doesn't do anything for me, Same comment about the flat upper body line. Besides (see my forum handle) why would I want the top up? :D

390gtconv
12-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Yup. Doesn't do anything for me, Same comment about the flat upper body line. Besides (see my forum handle) why would I want the top up? :D
TOP UP, in case you went on a cruz and it was hot out. Top up so you don't cook. Couple yrs ago on our trip home from Carlisle it was actual temp of 98 hot degrees and i had to drive home so someone else that broke down could use my trailer (nice guy) i had to drive with my top UP!.

LILBLKSNAKE
12-07-2013, 01:48 AM
top up??????? You crazy George??
Haven't you ever heard of a MUSTANG baseball cap?

Bob Comire
12-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I do. The problem I have with the vert is that it looks like the upper body line is flat. There really should be some rake to it, front to back. It's one of the things I really like about my 94. Your right Bruce, your '94 represents one of the best looking years for the Mustang.

390gtconv
12-07-2013, 08:11 AM
top up??????? You crazy George??
Haven't you ever heard of a MUSTANG baseball cap?
Well to drive ~ 8hrs in blazing sun would have made for very bad sun burn. Can't drive with baseball cap over your face.

Dennis O'Shea
12-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Did they stop making SUNSCREEN?
Well to drive ~ 8hrs in blazing sun would have made for very bad sun burn. Can't drive with baseball cap over your face.

390gtconv
12-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Did they stop making SUNSCREEN?

When it's 98 plus degrees, sweeting your ass off, sunscreen would have been useless! I'd new you'd ask.

390gtconv
12-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Your right Bruce, your '94 represents one of the best looking years for the Mustang.
It is the one year mustangs had the tail lights in a different (wrong) orientation.

ToplessPony94
12-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Your right Bruce, your '94 represents one of the best looking years for the Mustang.

Thanks, I guess you should know, Bob! LOL!

chachee52
12-07-2013, 08:27 AM
TOP UP, in case you went on a cruz and it was hot out. Top up so you don't cook. Couple yrs ago on our trip home from Carlisle it was actual temp of 98 hot degrees and i had to drive home so someone else that broke down could use my trailer (nice guy) i had to drive with my top UP!.

EVERYONE knows how I feel about top up driving, but I will back George up on this one. This was my first year I went down there and he was smart to put the top up and back window was unzipped. If I remember correctly, didn't we drive through a T-storm too? At least your top is white, I would still have fried with my black top!!!!!

But I will have to disagree with Bruce about the new convertible. I was actually commenting how I really like the lines of it. Some of the new cars coming out look horrible as a convertible with the top up (or down for that matter). The Nissan Z (which I LOVE the styling of look stupid as a convertible IMO, and the Camaro I'm not a fan of as a coupe, but looks worse as a convertible. I like the Mustang as a convertible. The lines don't get disrupted as a convertible and the top "blends" in nicely when it's up. I think Ford did a great job not butchering the top, which would have been easy to do.

Dennis O'Shea
12-07-2013, 08:28 AM
I have a question how does the new IR rear end on the 2015 Mustang work on the Strip I know that the road track guys like it.Or will they change it out for a solid rear end

390gtconv
12-07-2013, 08:42 AM
[QUOTE=chachee52;7515]EVERYONE knows how I feel about top up driving, but I will back George up on this one. This was my first year I went down there and he was smart to put the top up and back window was unzipped. If I remember correctly, didn't we drive through a T-storm too? At least your top is white, I would still have fried with my black top!!!!!

But I will have to disagree with Bruce about the new convertible. I was actually commenting how I really like the lines of it. QUOTE]

Todd my top is factory color black too and yes we went thru not 1 but 2 T-storms that day with my back window unzipped as you said. I too like & Bruce's & Ed's car, he's done nice things to it. All I said was only year tail lights were running in diff direction (horizontal instead of traditional vertical) and mass public had a big push against Ford to not do that again. Public won.

KARMAN
12-07-2013, 12:14 PM
I have a question how does the new IR rear end on the 2015 Mustang work on the Strip I know that the road track guys like it.Or will they change it out for a solid rear end
This is something that crossed my mind too.
I kinda think people will run the IRS to test the limits of it until it breaks.
If it doesn't break down at higher HP (supercharger etc.), I think people will usually leave it in.
I'm sure Ford's experience with the old Cobra has weighed into the new design.

Dennis O'Shea
12-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Thats why I asked With the Cobra and the Solid Axle there was a lot of wheel hop My cobra had a 460 and a solid axle and it would bounce now and then Most of the High end replica's come with the Independent Rear ends.They are Jaguar rear ends
If it doesn't break down at higher HP (supercharger etc.), I think people will usually leave it in.

ToplessPony94
12-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Todd my top is factory color black too and yes we went thru not 1 but 2 T-storms that day with my back window unzipped as you said. I too like & Bruce's & Ed's car, he's done nice things to it. All I said was only year tail lights were running in diff direction (horizontal instead of traditional vertical) and mass public had a big push against Ford to not do that again. Public won.

George, thank you. While I don't dislike my horizontal tails, that puzzled me a bit too back in 94. And you can't do sequential tails with a horizontal theme very well, either. I have always liked the vertical theme in the tails, with the one and only exception of what they replaced the horizontals with for 96-98. I just don't like those tails - I prefer my horizontals to those things. Something about the 96-98 remind me of the Taurus "bubble car".

SVT10th
12-09-2013, 09:47 AM

The terminators seem to do fine with IRS and drag strip launches up to fairly ridiculous HP. Yeah, if you want a 700hp car, you should probably go to solid axle, but there's tons of Terminators running around with IRS and 500-600 hp.

TorchredSVT
12-16-2013, 08:50 AM

will be just fine......look at the IRS in the 99 - 04 cobras, with a little bit of tweaking the IRS will perform fine and that was an IRS unit Ford took from the parts bin. Hell, there are guys out there in the 9's with Cobra's on IRS.
There is a reason every other car in the world has IRS...........

SVT10th
12-18-2013, 08:12 AM
So it appears that the solid axle will potentially be available as an option on certain special edition cars.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/ford-might-return-solid-rear-axle-special-body-white-edition-2015-mustang/

TorchredSVT
12-18-2013, 08:46 AM
certain special edition cars = body in white

all that means is dedicated race cars will have SRA and you'll probably be able to order a 9" rear from FRP.