PDA

View Full Version : Smokin' Stangs 2014 Rally

rhoidahl
11-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Event has been set, dates are 6/27 to 6/29/2014.

Here's the link to the official announcement, event flyer, and info:
http://www.smokinstangs.com/showthread.php/4488-SSL-2014-Official-Dates-%28June-27-29-2014%29-amp-Flyer-LET-S-RALLY!!

TorchredSVT
11-14-2013, 04:13 PM
looking forward to it!!

rhoidahl
11-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Event has been set, dates are 6/27 to 6/29/2014.

Here's the link to the official announcement, event flyer, and info:
http://www.smokinstangs.com/showthread.php/4488-SSL-2014-Official-Dates-%28June-27-29-2014%29-amp-Flyer-LET-S-RALLY!!

HERE'S THE LIST OF EVENTS:

Friday - June 27, 2014:
Meet & Greet, Evening Festivities (Home of the Laconia Motorcycle Week - Weirs Beach Area - Laconia, NH)

Saturday - June 28, 2014:
AutoX, Informal Car Show, On-site Dyno, SMOKIN 3 Laps Event at NHMS - New Hampshire Motor Speedway (Home of NH's Magic Mile - Louden, NH)

Sunday - June 29, 2014:
Drag Racing, On-site Dyno, Formal Car Show at NED - New England Dragway - (Home of the NHRA New England Nationals -Epping, NH)

*NOTE*
Attendees are welcome to come & go as they see fit through-out the duration of the Rally.
Plenty of lodging & shopping, Dyno Shops & Tuner options are available in the Laconia/Surrounding area.

chachee52
11-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Not to start anything, but still seems like a here, there, and over there rally. I've made the same statement in the past on his website too. I still wish him luck, but don't think that it will grow until a smaller/one location event gets going. But That's just my opinion and like I said, I've made that statement to him as well.

TorchredSVT
11-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Todd....you are spot on. There is a reason he's doing it like this and it all comes down to $$ and time
this even is going to be a make it or break it for smoking stangs laconia moving forward so Bob is trying to gauge what REAL interest there is here

I won't be attending all three days, probably just one

chachee52
11-15-2013, 08:53 AM
Todd....you are spot on. There is a reason he's doing it like this and it all comes down to $$ and time
this even is going to be a make it or break it for smoking stangs laconia moving forward so Bob is trying to gauge what REAL interest there is here

I won't be attending all three days, probably just one

Looks like the same format as in the past year, that didn't make it.
Like I've said many times both here and on Smokinstangs, I really do hope that it makes it, it would be cool to have a rally but you can't try to compete with the top from the beginning.
Enough said on my part, not trying to start anything bad. I will try to attend at least one day, depending on what my plans are around that time of year.

rhoidahl
11-15-2013, 07:34 PM
I hope we can get a group of NHMC members to cruise down to the car show at NED ... plenty of time to plan something... ... ...

chachee52
11-15-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm out for NED. I already do at least two events a year there and I don't like drag racing.
I'm in for Friday night at the Weirs and maybe the 30 min drive to Loudon from my cottage to see what's up on Saturday.

ToplessPony94
11-15-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm out for NED. I already do at least two events a year there and I don't like drag racing.
I'm in for Friday night at the Weirs and maybe the 30 min drive to Loudon from my cottage to see what's up on Saturday.

Me, too. Disappointed that the formal car show is at NED. Too dusty there for a good car show of any size. I'm not into drag racing, either. Like Todd, I may do Friday, most likely will do Saturday, no interest at all in Sunday at NED. I go there once a year for ED Day and that's enough for me.

TorchredSVT
11-18-2013, 08:39 AM
I'd definitely be down for the Saturday event

rhoidahl
11-18-2013, 09:25 AM
I would like to do Saturday also, but I have to be back to set up cruise night ... ... so maybe I'll leave early Saturday and do Bob's car show on Sunday ... ...

MY-S281
11-19-2013, 07:20 AM
Saturdays Events are always the highlight of the weekend for me !! Informal show and shine hanging out watching the Auto X all day , and then topping the day off with the laps on the track !! doesn't get much better than that if you ask me ! Cant wait !!

Let me preface the below by letting you I have no personal interest out side of my love for Mustangs and how much I enjoy hanging out with cool people as well.

Let me just say, those that have never been or dont agree with the format should try it out and attend only what they want to attend, instead of nay saying , as Bob has clearly stated come and go as you like !! I understand some dont like NED and some dont even care for formal shows or the locations but the events are pretty local if you ask me, especially if you reside in NH. I understand over an hour or so drive for some would be a bit of a deterrent, but realistically how many time do you just hop in your STANG and cruise with no true destination and end up just taking a ride..? We all probably burn more fuel riding around town then you would use on a trip to Weirs Beach , NHMS, or NED for that matter.. I would like to think a ride to a destination that has lots of Mustangs would always be favorable.! As many know by my lack of attendance I am not much of a weekly " cruise night" person but I do make it a point to pick a few of the local events to show my support to those that work and sponsor them such as ED DAY, TASCA, or what ever you want to call it, DYNO days, MANN's when possible. I will continue to do so because of my adoration of Mustangs and the cool people that own them. It's a 1 weekend once a year happening and not a weekly commitment, or even a monthly commitment, I really hope Bob gets all the support he deserves and I am hoping the event continues on for years to come.

Accent the positve !! Attend what you want, when you want, but attend , I think everyone should show their support to a true local Mustang fanatic like Bob !

Just my $.02 !

chachee52
11-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Saturdays Events are always the highlight of the weekend for me !! Informal show and shine hanging out watching the Auto X all day , and then topping the day off with the laps on the track !! doesn't get much better than that if you ask me ! Cant wait !!

Those that have never been or dont agree with the format should try it out and attend only what they want to attend, instead of nay saying , as BOB clearly stated come and go as you like !! I understand some dont like NED and some dont even care for formal shows or the locations but the events are pretty local if you ask me, especially if you reside in NH. I understand over an hour or so drive for some would be a bit of a deterrent, but realistically how many time do you just hop in your STANG and cruise with no true destination and end up just taking a ride..? We all probably burn more fuel riding around town then you would use on a trip to Weirs Beach , NHMS, or NED for that matter.. I would like to think a ride to a destination that has lots of Mustangs would always be favorable.! As many know by my lack of attendance I am not much of a weekly " cruise night" person but I do make it a point to pick a few of the local events to show my support to those that work and sponsor them such as ED DAY, TASCA, or what ever you want to call it, DYNO days, MANN's when possible. I will continue to do so because of my adoration of Mustangs and the cool people that own them. It's a 1 weekend once a year happening and not a weekly commitment, or even a monthly commitment, I really hope Bob gets all the support he deserves and I am hoping the event continues on for years to come. Attend what you want, when you want, but attend , I think everyone should show their support to a true local Mustang fanatic like Bob !

Accent the positve !!

Just my $.02 !

I don't think that anyone has put this event down. I don't want to start a big thing about this. Like i stated in my post here and multiple times on Smokinstangs, I think that it's a great concept and I have been to some parts of the last couple years they held it, just not with my car because of other non-mustang events happening at the same time around the lake. In reading the posts, it sounds like we are all trying to make at least some part of the event.

Dennis O'Shea
11-19-2013, 08:25 AM
Well Said I think there is something there for everyone.And I believe that is Bob intent trying to have something for everyone

Let me preface the below by letting you I have no personal interest out side of my love for Mustangs and how much I enjoy hanging out with cool people as well.

Let me just say, those that have never been or dont agree with the format should try it out and attend only what they want to attend, instead of nay saying , as Bob has clearly stated come and go as you like !! I understand some dont like NED and some dont even care for formal shows or the locations but the events are pretty local if you ask me, especially if you reside in NH. I understand over an hour or so drive for some would be a bit of a deterrent, but realistically how many time do you just hop in your STANG and cruise with no true destination and end up just taking a ride..? We all probably burn more fuel riding around town then you would use on a trip to Weirs Beach , NHMS, or NED for that matter.. I would like to think a ride to a destination that has lots of Mustangs would always be favorable.! As many know by my lack of attendance I am not much of a weekly " cruise night" person but I do make it a point to pick a few of the local events to show my support to those that work and sponsor them such as ED DAY, TASCA, or what ever you want to call it, DYNO days, MANN's when possible. I will continue to do so because of my adoration of Mustangs and the cool people that own them. It's a 1 weekend once a year happening and not a weekly commitment, or even a monthly commitment, I really hope Bob gets all the support he deserves and I am hoping the event continues on for years to come.

Accent the positve !! Attend what you want, when you want, but attend , I think everyone should show their support to a true local Mustang fanatic like Bob !

Just my $.02 !

MY-S281
11-19-2013, 09:22 AM
I don't think that anyone has put this event down. I don't want to start a big thing about this. Like i stated in my post here and multiple times on Smokinstangs, I think that it's a great concept and I have been to some parts of the last couple years they held it, just not with my car because of other non-mustang events happening at the same time around the lake. In reading the posts, it sounds like we are all trying to make at least some part of the event.

It's not about anyone putting the event down at all, and I am certainly not pointing out anyone or attmepting to stir the pot at all. Just kind of thinking out loud finally in response to some of the ongoing discussions and comments I have seen over time. I am very glad to hear that people will be attending in some capacity and I am sure that's great news for Bob to hear, Seems like I just kind of keep hearing whats not" ideal " about it vs. accenting on what can be great time with cool cars and cool people like is usually discussed with other events local or not. As I mentioned I personally dont attend the "cruise nights" but its not anything I want to make note of so to speak and its not important in the big picture, some people enjoy cruise nights and I think it's very cool it has the support it does because if it didn't then there may not be a venue for it to happen.

I certainly understand and also appreciate people personal commitments and schedule. Personally , I may not even make it to Laconia on Friday but the plan is to attend on Saturday and Sunday !

Dennis O'Shea
11-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Again well said. And I think the post was made to tell everyone what is going on in regards to the event.I don't think the post was put here for a YEA or Nay
It's not about anyone putting the event down at all, and I am certainly not pointing out anyone or attmepting to stir the pot at all. Just kind of thinking out loud finally in response to some of the ongoing discussions and comments I have seen over time. I am very glad to hear that people will be attending in some capacity and I am sure that's great news for Bob to hear, Seems like I just kind of keep hearing whats not" ideal " about it vs. accenting on what can be great time with cool cars and cool people like is usually discussed with other events local or not. As I mentioned I personally dont attend the "cruise nights" but its not anything I want to make note of so to speak and its not important in the big picture, some people enjoy cruise nights and I think it's very cool it has the support it does because if it didn't then there may not be a venue for it to happen.

I certainly understand and also appreciate people personal commitments and schedule. Personally , I may not even make it to Laconia on Friday but the plan is to attend on Saturday and Sunday !

MY-S281
11-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Again well said. And I think the post was made to tell everyone what is going on in regards to the event.I don't think the post was put here for a YEA or Nay

Thanks Dennis. you are spot on..!! I feel the message was to inform about the upcoming events and give everyone time to plan and not to revisit the past and critique the event.

TorchredSVT
11-20-2013, 08:34 AM
yeah, i for one am looking forward to it.

Helping to make this event successful in new England should be everyone's priority

07 stang gt
11-21-2013, 06:43 AM
I'm out, not a fan at all, especially after the last event I went of theres !!!

MY-S281
11-21-2013, 03:07 PM
I'm out, not a fan at all, especially after the last event I went of theres !!!

Curious to know what event of theirs you referring to? There hasn't been any that I recall since Sept 2012 has there?

07 stang gt
11-21-2013, 05:12 PM
I did the car show portion of their event the last 2 years, one with a club member of ours, (who wasn't very pleased with the results either), and my car was barely looked over the first time so I kind of shruged it off, so I gave it a second chance the following year, and it was walked by with no look at all. I know this because I watched the whole judging process from afar, from start to finish, and that was the end of that for me.I only know Bob from speaking to him at some of the events and he seems to be a very nice guy, but maybe he does'nt like my style of modifications on my car,(there is a lot more to judging a car than by it's horsepower I believe!!!) had an issue with the NHMC club at the time, I don't know, but I do know I will never attend another car show of theirs again. I have nothing against how they do the other portions of their events, but the car show part......

MY-S281
11-21-2013, 07:07 PM
I did the car show portion of their event the last 2 years, one with a club member of ours, (who wasn't very pleased with the results either), and my car was barely looked over the first time so I kind of shruged it off, so I gave it a second chance the following year, and it was walked by with no look at all. I know this because I watched the whole judging process from afar, from start to finish, and that was the end of that for me.I only know Bob from speaking to him at some of the events and he seems to be a very nice guy, but maybe he does'nt like my style of modifications on my car,(there is a lot more to judging a car than by it's horsepower I believe!!!) had an issue with the NHMC club at the time, I don't know, but I do know I will never attend another car show of theirs again. I have nothing against how they do the other portions of their events, but the car show part......

Sorry to hear you feel you got slighted, I am confident in saying it had nothing to do with " horsepower" either, seriously that would be a stretch if you ask me. I am sure it was difficult to manage all the judging with what litte help he hadso that should be considered when feeling you got barely a look. I have seen it happen to my car as well as many other on more than 1 occasion due to the amount of help and time limitations etc. , Personally its never been about a trophy for me, if it was I wouldn't ever go to any car shows... Not even really a fan of a " car shows" that's not why I enjoy my car, I want to drive it like I stole it personally and the shows have always just been a venue and gathering spot to hang and shoot the breeze about the sweet cars and meet new cool people that own the cars! Judging a car show is subjective at best if you ask me, unless your talking about a True Concourse event in pebble beach or something because otherwise its like a Bikini Contest, maybe some judges likes blondes, some might like Brunettes, large breasts , big butt , small butts, whatever it is we all have different tastes and what I might think is a cool mod another might think is a joke or even blasphemy , so again because someone may not appreciate my car or they way I choose to modify means little if anything to me in the big picture. Honestly I think we can all say we have seen many variations on the way some choose to mod their cars , some are actually pretty disturbing if you ask me !! And critiquing the way someone else critiques / judges at a car show seems a a bit like watching paint dry if you ask me. no point to it because it will dry either way and the longer you focus the longer it seems to take and the more annoyed you will get, just dont see any benefit to it. Based on not having anything against the other portions it would be a shame not to enjoy a nice summer event because of some impression you have about why you didn't win a trophy ! Again, I have no vested interest in this event other than the enjoyment factor , keep in mind there will always been something about anything that isn't ideal, I just dont get it because I know enough of the details of what went on in the past that its kind of sad it still lingers in air like a smelly fart !! Quite honestly I was actually chastised about attending at one time by a NHMC member and almost turned in my membership but if I did that I would have only perpetuated the matter worse that it was. I just want to do my part to help and encourage support from this area to have a great annual event where people can hang out have fun and enjoy their cars and those of similar and mutual feelings..

07 stang gt
11-22-2013, 05:53 AM
Believe me, I love just hanging out with the guys and girls, shootin the breeze, talking about cars,etc., thats why I go to the social events like cruise nights,rallys,calling up friends and taking cruises to the beach, mountains etc., but when it is time to go to a car show, I go and try and win a trophy AND shoot the breeze with all the people I know and have met over the years, and meet new people as well. Isn't that why you spend all your time and effort to get your car to show car quality? I also on the other hand do not frown if I do not place in an event either,there are a lot of nice cars out there, and you could not expect nor do I, to place at every show I attend.As all of us have done with our cars, I have spent an awful lot of time making my car a show quality mustang, not the intention when I purchased it, but it evolved that way, and now that it is at the condition that it is, I go to shows to try to win something, and if I don't, oh well.I was not trying to critque the judging, but two years in a row not to have even get a look at, been there done that, I just won't attend the car show portion, no issues with any of the other events.Only being in the NHMC for 3 years now, it sounds like there was some type of animosity between the clubs as mentioned above, and not knowing any of the history of that, maybe that played a factor, maybe not, not any of my business, I just felt that not even getting a look over on two different occasions, it was a waste of time and effort on my part to go to the show again. They have very well managed events and hats off to them, but not my cup of tea on the car show part, thats all.

Dennis O'Shea
11-22-2013, 07:25 AM
I Have a great Idea you two guys should go together and Hang out And just have a good time

TorchredSVT
11-22-2013, 08:49 AM
unfortuneatley it's the nature of car shows. I have a buddy who felt the same way after attending the Mustang Mania show. In my opinion he had the nicest 2011 + car, but for some reason was just ignored.

I can't blame you one bit, it's just part of the process. Hence my lack of car show attendance this year

Dennis O'Shea
11-22-2013, 09:28 AM
I guess I have a different take on the whole thing.When I had my car I tried to keep it spotless at all times And yes I put after market mods on it That I thought were cool.And when I was at a car show, or a cruisenight.Or justing getting gas. And some one would say beautiful car Or that car is very nice.Or a club member would say car's looking good. Thats where my satisfaction came from not from a thirty five dollar trophy.When I heard all those comments it made me feel good and made all the work I did worth it.I guess work is not the right words because I enjoyed every minute of it.Just my opinion

MY-S281
11-22-2013, 01:24 PM
I guess I have a different take on the whole thing.When I had my car I tried to keep it spotless at all times And yes I put after market mods on it That I thought were cool.And when I was at a car show, or a cruisenight.Or justing getting gas. And some one would say beautiful car Or that car is very nice.Or a club member would say car's looking good. Thats where my satisfaction came from not from a thirty five dollar trophy.When I heard all those comments it made me feel good and made all the work I did worth it.I guess work is not the right words because I enjoyed every minute of it.Just my opinion

Great Point, One of the best moments I recall with my Saleen in the 7 years I have had it was one day on Rte. 28 in Salem NH , I was stopped at a light top down and this couple pulled up aside of me, they had to be in their 80's, if not older. they had a big smiles on their faces and couldn't wait to compliment me on how "gorgeous " my car looked and how " powerful " it sounded " That made my day and beats any trophy I could hope for if you ask me !

Funny thing is my car wasn't even that clean on that day..;)

I certainly dont begrudge anyone for enjoying the fruits of their hard work by winning a trophy at a car show because its certainly nice to get the recognition, but that's not something that would dictate my attendance.! Like I mentioned before the judging at most shows is subjective if you ask me.

07 stang gt
11-23-2013, 08:27 AM
Ditto that. I get those comments all the time as well, I guess going to the shows and getting that "$35.00 trophy" just really caps it all off for me. I love the shows, good and bad, and the satisfaction most people get that do a lot of car shows like myself. I blame it on Randy beating me by a half a point for first place at World of Wheels in Boston 2 years ago with his beautiful yellow cobra (BEACUSE MY TRUNK WAS CLOSED!!!) I still love you man!! Since then I fell in love with doing shows and met some great people since then, so I guess that where it stems from. AND the fact that previously owning 5 Mustangs before I paid child support for 16 years and not being able to afford a Mustang or any other toys during that time period, now I can, and want to make up for lost time, I guess??!!

07 stang gt
11-23-2013, 08:31 AM
I ment Kevins yellow cobra, not Randy. All though Randy is a great guy and does have a beautiful car !!!!!

KARMAN
11-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Yeah, those comments at the gas station are what really get me in the heart.:)

My Vista Blue has always been my favorite and my dream car. It has yet to win a trophy in the 7+ years I have had it.
My other cars have won a couple of trophies, but so what. They are not my idea of perfection. They are just for fun.

Jimmy has put a lot of work into his car and it is beautiful and deserves to win trophies.

My dream car is exactly as I intended it originally. From the outset, I wanted to have a sleeper V8 for the road (not a show car).
It is set up to look much like 6 cylinder model with no stripes or wings.
It is, however, in better than showroom condition.
I have had show cars. I really don't think it is my style.

My point is that I don't worry about trophies. (I do like them.)
If nobody much notices my Vista Blue after hours of cleaning it, I still have a clean car that I love.