PDA

View Full Version : 2013 mustang season is officially over for me

TorchredSVT
11-11-2013, 08:46 AM
well after another good year , I put the car away on saturday for good. Put in some stabilizer, topped off the tank and disconnected the battery........

This year I put a total of 1312.4 miles on the car....most I have driven in a few years

I did order a new cover from california car cover, should be here later this week. Then I'll get the car detailed and in full hibernation mode until March/April

Already looking forward until next spring where hopefully the car will look and sound a bit different:D

LILBLKSNAKE
11-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Already looking forward until next spring where hopefully the car will look and sound a bit different:D

It will look different because it might actually be moving. It might sound different because it might actually be running

rhoidahl
11-11-2013, 01:54 PM
It will look different because it might actually be moving. It might sound different because it might actually be running

Hey Ed -- at least we saw Ian's Cobra on occasion this past season. I've still only seen photos of the one you claim to have. I hope Amy isn't looking at buying just a picture !!!!

Dennis O'Shea
11-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Which cover did you buy?
well after another good year , I put the car away on saturday for good. Put in some stabilizer, topped off the tank and disconnected the battery........

This year I put a total of 1312.4 miles on the car....most I have driven in a few years

I did order a new cover from california car cover, should be here later this week. Then I'll get the car detailed and in full hibernation mode until March/April

ToplessPony94
11-11-2013, 03:45 PM
2013 mustang season is officially over for me

Condolences, Ian. I'm not there yet (planning to take mine out tonight) but when I see bare trees out the window I know it's not long before I'll be taking mine out only to warm things up and get the tires sitting on a new spot. Bittersweet time of year, enjoying every last mile but knowing there are not many more miles coming before April.

07 stang gt
11-12-2013, 07:02 AM
I'm done, stick a fork in me too !!!1915

TorchredSVT
11-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Which cover did you buy?

superweave in red with cobra logo....the outdoor cover was about $40 more than the indoor one I had picked out, so that's the route i took. I REALLY wanted one of the form fit indoor only covers, but at $450 I thought it was dumb to spend that much and not have a cover that protects against water ( just in case )

Once it comes in the mail, i'll take a pic and post up.

TorchredSVT
11-12-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm done, stick a fork in me too !!!1915

love the garage!! Representing Ford!!!!!

07 stang gt
11-13-2013, 06:48 AM
Thanks, I bleed Ford Blue !!!

KARMAN
11-23-2013, 01:45 PM
And then I put them away.
This season is now officially over for me too now.:(

ToplessPony94
11-23-2013, 01:48 PM
And then I put them away.
This season is now officially over for me too now.:(

My season started in 1994 and hasn't ended yet... :)

390gtconv
11-24-2013, 07:09 AM
With salt sanders out last night, (were on my street) that makes season over. I still hope to rebuild my 4 spd trans next weekend. Install it and get car out of garage and into my trailer for winter. I may have to drain all gas first as it has sat all summer. Don't want gas messing up my 3 carbs.

chachee52
11-24-2013, 08:21 AM
With salt sanders out last night, (were on my street) that makes season over. I still hope to rebuild my 4 spd trans next weekend. Install it and get car out of garage and into my trailer for winter. I may have to drain all gas first as it has sat all summer. Don't want gas messing up my 3 carbs.

REally? Why did that happen? No rain and just a QUICK Snow squall (in Boston at least).

390gtconv
11-24-2013, 09:17 AM
REally? Why did that happen? No rain and just a QUICK Snow squall (in Boston at least).
Yea quick squall but it glazed over the roads. Rte 93 Salem to Manchester last nite was shown on TV to be at a crawl and several cars off into woods.

chachee52
11-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Wow, you guys who put the car away just don't know what you are missing!!! What a great day driving around with the top down today. Drove all around the area for a few hours today. Nothing like the sun in your face and the top down on a nice fall day.

Dennis O'Shea
11-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Todd we are sitting out back having a little BBQ waiting for the game to begin Watching the Sun go down on just a simply wonderful day
Wow, you guys who put the car away just don't know what you are missing!!! What a great day driving around with the top down today. Drove all around the area for a few hours today. Nothing like the sun in your face and the top down on a nice fall day.

chachee52
11-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Todd we are sitting out back having a little BBQ waiting for the game to begin Watching the Sun go down on just a simply wonderful day

Almost had tickets for the game tonight. Would have been down there right now grilling up some food. O'well, Made some meatballs when I got back from my cruise and Jen made some sauce. House smells good!!!

Dennis O'Shea
11-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Save me some YUM Had Chinese tonight
Almost had tickets for the game tonight. Would have been down there right now grilling up some food. O'well, Made some meatballs when I got back from my cruise and Jen made some sauce. House smells good!!!

chachee52
11-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Had Chinese tonight

That was Friday night!!

fredfordguy
11-24-2013, 07:56 PM
I was hoping for one last ride, but alas, the salt shaker made a pass down our street, done till spring. Hope the wind dies down soon, a huge tree was blow over at my neighbor's place just barely missing his garage. Sound like a freight train out in the woods....

TorchredSVT
11-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Which cover did you buy?

finally got the new car cover last week, what a piece of garbage. Spent $390 to get a vinyl tarp, no way in hell this thing is going on my car......definitely sending this thing back. Now back to the drawing board

390gtconv
11-25-2013, 09:57 AM
finally got the new car cover last week, what a piece of garbage. Spent $390 to get a vinyl tarp, no way in hell this thing is going on my car......definitely sending this thing back. Now back to the drawing board

Thanks.
How's about this one?
http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=C16059TF+01

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=C16059TK+01 indoor or out.

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=C16059WG+01

KARMAN
11-25-2013, 11:33 AM
http://www.covercraft.com/carcovers/evolution.html

Mine was under $300 and worth every penny.
Not waterproof, but water resistant and breathable.
I like it a lot, and I have used it indoors and out (in major rain and wind).
Mine even has the mirror pockets.

SVT10th
11-25-2013, 03:07 PM

What the hell one did you get? I thought you got a California Cover? I've had three of them and they're all excellent. I still use two.

TorchredSVT
11-26-2013, 08:41 AM
I bought the California cover superweave.....second most expensive one http://www.calcarcover.com/n_covermaterials/Superweave
I am sure it's a great cover for those who store their cars outside and get rained on, but there is NO paint protection, its like a vinyl trashbag = swirl city

TorchredSVT
11-26-2013, 08:42 AM
http://www.covercraft.com/carcovers/evolution.html

Mine was under $300 and worth every penny.
Not waterproof, but water resistant and breathable.
I like it a lot, and I have used it indoors and out (in major rain and wind).
Mine even has the mirror pockets.

Those covercraft covers were my second choice, I should have gone that route and that will most likely be the direction I go in AND save myself about $150

Dennis O'Shea
11-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Ian for the protection you are looking for you need a flannel lined cover believe me you won't be dissapointed

SVT10th
11-26-2013, 01:42 PM
I bought the California cover superweave.....second most expensive one http://www.calcarcover.com/n_covermaterials/Superweave
I am sure it's a great cover for those who store their cars outside and get rained on, but there is NO paint protection, its like a vinyl trashbag = swirl city

Ahh. Yeah, I dont know about that one. I have two Stormweaves which have a cushy soft inner layer. still recommend them highly.
If -- before ordering again -- you want to come take a look at my cover, give me a shout.

Also -- For what its worth: CalCover has EXCELLENT customer service. I ordered a cover several years ago that I wasn't happy with -- one of the lightweight dust covers, and I didn't like it -- so they charged me the difference between that and the more Stormweave I ordered in it's place and told me to keep the lightweight one as a gift. (I ended up finding a use for it, too)

TorchredSVT
11-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Dennis....that's the plan. I already have my eye on the covercraft NOAH. It looks like the cover that American Muscle sells is a re-branded covercraft as well, same cover my buddy has and it's pretty good quality. Might be a good alternative.

Jim, different experience with me, I called and they got defensive and gave me an RMA # to send the cover back. Good riddance!!

Dennis O'Shea
11-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Thats the one you will love it And your car will thank you also

Dennis....that's the plan. I already have my eye on the covercraft NOAH. It looks like the cover that American Muscle sells is a re-branded covercraft as well, same cover my buddy has and it's pretty good quality. Might be a good alternative.

Jim, different experience with me, I called and they got defensive and gave me an RMA # to send the cover back. Good riddance!!

SVT10th
11-27-2013, 08:55 AM

Wow that sucks. My next cover may be a Covercraft then. Especially since they're the same covers anyway.

chachee52
11-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Back on topic, with this rain it will wash all the salt off the roads and will have plenty more driving days left.

390gtconv
11-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Back on topic, with this rain it will wash all the salt off the roads and will have plenty more driving days left.
Unless in certain areas on backside of rain storm & colder air (which is on the way) pushes in and changes just enough to drop little snow and sanders come out over nite. Maybe.

chachee52
11-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Unless in certain areas on backside of rain storm & colder air (which is on the way) pushes in and changes just enough to drop little snow and sanders come out over nite. Maybe.
Stop being an old grumpy negative man!!

390gtconv
11-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Stop being an old grumpy negative man!!
For those that did put cars away, it's positive. lol
I don't need big snow yet (wait you love snow and don't wish for it?) until I get trans installed and moved into trailer. Hopefully w/in 2 weeks.

chachee52
12-07-2013, 04:01 PM
finally broke down and put the stabilizer and moved the car into it's "resting" spot in the garage this afternoon. Noticed as I pulled it into the spot a ton of red fluid where the car drove. Looks like I'll be doing something with the power steering this winter/spring. O'well, add that to the list when I take the engine out to put a new front rail in. It was a good year and many miles were put on the car. Now, as I've been saying for the last month...... BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!

chachee52
12-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Took the car a little around the block. It's a little chilly out there with the top down!!!! But it's back in a different bay of the garage still leaking power steering fluid.
Let It SNOW!

MustangMatt
11-19-2014, 01:54 PM
A little late to this, but I got mine here http://www.customcarcovers.com/car-covers/Ford/Mustang and I haven't had any problems with it. Pretty soft on the paint and doesn't blow off.