PDA

View Full Version : 2014 events

rhoidahl
11-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Just to let you all know, I have started to update the Forum calendar to reflect 2014 events. Any suggestions for next season??

Jibber
11-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Just looked at the calendar you have going.
Is this for JUST club stuff?

I would also like to add and ask for people to refrain from giving their personal opinions on what another member suggests.
For example, If I suggest a day or run up to the beach, I wouldn't want someone saying that we did this 3 years ago, it was too hot, too many people, I got sand in my car blah, blah and more blah. Let's use this as Randy is asking us to. Ideas for next year..... If you have ideas post them up. Don't criticize mine.

That said. I would like to see a beach run somewhere/sometime during the year. Perhaps it's called an ice cream social night or something different. Doesn't need to be a whole day event.
Also, Quechee Falls in Vermont seems like it would be a great time in either late summer or fall time frame.

Brainstorming ideas......N. Conway....... Kancamangus Highway run....... Organize NHMC "other" cruise night runs. eg. Liberty tree mall night on Weds.
See what sticks. Gotta freshen it up.

rhoidahl
11-06-2013, 10:10 PM
One more thing. I posted this same request on FB, and someone posted we should to "a topless carwash". I had hoped we could have some constructive suggestions such as the one Kevin posted above. If you have a serious comment to make about this, please do so. But if all you are going to contribute is a ridiculous comment such as this one, DON'T !!

rhoidahl
11-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Kevin, I try to put on the calendar all of our events, as well as others that may interest our members -- NHRA, Carlisle, the 50th b-day celebration in NC, Smokin' Stangs Rally (date not set yet), etc ...

chachee52
11-07-2013, 08:14 AM
One more thing. I posted this same request on FB, and someone posted we should to "a topless carwash". I had hoped we could have some constructive suggestions such as the one Kevin posted above. If you have a serious comment to make about this, please do so. But if all you are going to contribute is a ridiculous comment such as this one, DON'T !!

Well that's just a silly suggestion. Everyone knows not to wash their cars with the top down!!
Are we looking for "club events" or just any events. I understand that we go to other events as a club that are not our events.

rhoidahl
11-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Does not have to be a club sponsored event; just an event we can attend as a club.

I'm keeping a record of the suggestions and will post them in a couple of weeks, or pass them out at the Christmas party...

TorchredSVT
11-07-2013, 08:38 AM
pay attention to kevin's post....all good ideas

my suggestion is to get away from only organizing the structured shows and start doing more social events/cruises. I am not saying ditch shows like mustang mania etc...those are important. Just don't have the schedule completely revolve around them

just my .02 cents

ToplessPony94
11-07-2013, 08:44 AM
my suggestion is to get away from only organizing the structured shows and start doing more social events/cruises. I am not saying ditch shows like mustang mania etc...those are important. Just don't have the schedule completely revolve around them

I agree with Ian on this. I usually go to about three or four shows a year, and I really don't them all to be NHMC shows. I don't feel the need to try to bring home a trophy every time I take the car out of the garage. I find cruises and cruise nights to be what I want to do most of the time. Since my work prevents me from doing cruise nights during the week, I tend to want to do that on the weekends. Formal shows are good once in a while, but they get boring quickly for me.

390gtconv
11-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Anyone up for a winter activity? Without car of coarse. Except for Todd maybe.
How's about SNOW TUBING???

Have taken family a couple times to Pats Peak. Not to far, no skill required. They have cafe area for hot chocolate or something hot.

Bob Comire
11-08-2013, 04:19 PM
How about attending "Ford Day" one of the lawn events at Larz Anderson, or even better, talk with them about having a Mustang Lawn Event. some of their past events are listed here: http://larzanderson.org/events/lawn-events/2013lawnevents/

kirk perry
11-08-2013, 05:13 PM
I like kevins idea. I also would like to back to the harpoon brewery event

ToplessPony94
11-08-2013, 05:35 PM
I also would like to back to the harpoon brewery event

YES!!!

Great idea!

KARMAN
11-08-2013, 09:18 PM
I like kevins idea. I also would like to back to the harpoon brewery event

YES!!!

Great idea!
Me too!!!:)

Dennis O'Shea
11-09-2013, 08:10 AM
I can understand the structured events AKA Mustang Mania, Whats his name Day,Club Picnic, ETC I think some people would like to see some things off the cuff like Hey guy's let meet up Saturday or Sunday morning for coffee and donut's And Take an Impromtu cruise some where.These are things that don't need to be planned in Feburary They just happen.But if the Calender is filled up then you can't do them I Honestly believe that a good portion of the membership is bored with the same thing every year.And yes Kevin made some great points.

Bob Comire
11-10-2013, 07:00 PM
How about continuing the breakfasts through the summer. They could be "diner destinations" where we would go to a different diner each month, i.e., New Hampton, Rochester, Keene, Maine Diner, and so on.

Also , to jump on Kevins coattails I think visiting a different cruise night each month as a group would be great, Patriots Place, Skips, Target in Nashua, . . .

There appears to be some interest in informal get togethers that we attend as a club, but remain flexible as far as arrival, departure, hanging around, socializing, etc.

Dennis O'Shea
11-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Great Idea"s Bob I like the Informal get togethers
How about continuing the breakfasts through the summer. They could be "diner destinations" where we would go to a different diner each month, i.e., New Hampton, Rochester, Keene, Maine Diner, and so on.

Also , to jump on Kevins coattails I think visiting a different cruise night each month as a group would be great, Patriots Place, Skips, Target in Nashua, . . .

There appears to be some interest in informal get togethers that we attend as a club, but remain flexible as far as arrival, departure, hanging around, socializing, etc.

ToplessPony94
11-10-2013, 11:11 PM

I think Bob's thoughts here are good. It doesn't matter that I personally don't get out of work early enough to attend anything during the week. Still good thinking for the club as a whole.

07 stang gt
11-11-2013, 05:01 AM
There are plenty of Ford dealerships that will be doing 50th anniversary events next year for the Mustang and we should get involved in some of them. All of them could be local dealers so noone has to drive far.

rhoidahl
11-11-2013, 01:57 PM
There are plenty of Ford dealerships that will be doing 50th anniversary events next year for the Mustang and we should get involved in some of them. All of them could be local dealers so noone has to drive far.

Jimmy -- can you check into this a bit deeper to see what dealers are doing something?? THANKS.

07 stang gt
11-12-2013, 06:51 AM
I can do that. How far do you guys want to go? I have dealers everywhere in New England and NY. For example, my NY dealer in Elizabethtown is having his 50th celebration in July, absolutly stunning ride out through VT and the mountains in eastern NY (I know its far,just a thought !!) OR if thats to far, there will be many in the local area as well. Many dealers in NH, northern Mass, southern ME and VT, etc. I will talk to about this and to try and keep it local. I will start poking around to see whos doing what and when and will keep you informed. Lets start with Autofair and Stoneham Ford where Marie is, and where Ed works, and see if the are planning anything. I am sure Tasca Ford in RI will have something but will try to keep it local. Any thoughts of going to the unvelling of the new 2015 Mustang in Detroit in April !!?? Now that would be a trip for the club !!! I have my feelers out for a press pass with my Ford contacts in Detroit already.

ToplessPony94
11-12-2013, 10:25 AM
I can do that. How far do you guys want to go? I have dealers everywhere in New England and NY. For example, my NY dealer in Elizabethtown is having his 50th celebration in July, absolutly stunning ride out through VT and the mountains in eastern NY (I know its far,just a thought !!) OR if thats to far, there will be many in the local area as well. Many dealers in NH, northern Mass, southern ME and VT, etc. I will talk to about this and to try and keep it local. I will start poking around to see whos doing what and when and will keep you informed. Lets start with Autofair and Stoneham Ford where Marie is, and where Ed works, and see if the are planning anything. I am sure Tasca Ford in RI will have something but will try to keep it local. Any thoughts of going to the unvelling of the new 2015 Mustang in Detroit in April !!?? Now that would be a trip for the club !!! I have my feelers out for a press pass with my Ford contacts in Detroit already.

While local is good, a year like 2014 is not going to happen again for the Mustang for a looooong time, and I'm pretty sure not in my lifetime. (If we're still allowed to drive cars in another 50 years, that is!) I would certainly be up for Tasca or Elizabethtown and I'm sure others would be, too. Let's not put the local blinders on so soon - let's see what's happening and pick and choose. Jimmy, I know that ride to the Elizabethtown area well and think it would be a great experience as long as the scale of the event is worth the drive. I'd go in a heartbeat as long as the event is worth the trip (and not just a dozen cars and a free hotdog - LOL!) And you just KNOW the Tasca trip would be worth it! A bit of time in the Mod Shop there would be worth it!

390gtconv
11-12-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm sure more than one event could be done. All celebrations won't be on same weekend so we may get to pick and choose a couple.

Dennis O'Shea
11-12-2013, 10:58 AM
I Like Pick but I don't know about choose

I'm sure more than one event could be done. All celebrations won't be on same weekend so we may get to pick and choose a couple.

07 stang gt
11-13-2013, 06:46 AM
Over 300 cars were at the Eggelfield Fords 45th Mustang Anniversary so no lack of enthusiasm there. Thier event is planned for July 19th (Sat. I believe??) and Granite Ford in Rochester NH has one planned for August. Will keep you updated as to who else I find having an event

TorchredSVT
11-13-2013, 08:35 AM
it would be helpfull if you made a list of all the known events....then post them all up at once and people can pick and choose which one to go to

Maybe a stickied thread that's locked so no one can make any changes but just view it......then come spring time we can unlock it and have people reply which events they are going to

390gtconv
11-13-2013, 08:53 AM
Like idea of STICKY post.
Then to be discussed @ Feb club pizza meeting!!

SVT10th
11-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Like idea of STICKY post.
Then to be discussed @ Feb club pizza meeting!!

Yes. http://www.novahq.net/forum/images/smilies/whssign.gif

07 stang gt
11-14-2013, 06:34 AM
Ok, will do. I will keep a list and let everyone know.