PDA

View Full Version : FACEBOOK just a passing fad?

390gtconv
11-02-2013, 08:08 AM
Is club news gonna have to be posted on other media forums as well, like Twitter & Instagram which I read & saw on tv as more popular?
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/01/tech/social-media/facebook-teens/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I'll just stick to this good old forum for postings!

ToplessPony94
11-02-2013, 09:21 AM
I have to agree with you George, but then you already knew that.

Dennis O'Shea
11-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Hey George don't tell Mark Zuckerberg that

LILBLKSNAKE
11-02-2013, 12:20 PM
It's inevitable. Who remembers MYSPACE, the biggest thing EVER??? Where is it now??

chachee52
11-02-2013, 05:05 PM
It's inevitable. Who remembers MYSPACE, the biggest thing EVER??? Where is it now??

Back to where it originally started, as a musicians networking site.

SVT10th
11-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Bring back Compuserve!

http://assets.fontsinuse.com/static/use-media-items/12/11009/upto-700xauto/5161ea27/tumblr_mg8t7veyP61qlvtido1_1280.jpeg

Jibber
11-05-2013, 09:25 AM
WE made need to reconsider our position on FB and other social media. Rumor has it that the forum may be eliminated due to lack of people using it. I guess I would agree since it seems like there are only about 10-15 users on here. And half of that use it regularly.

SVT10th
11-05-2013, 11:10 AM
WE made need to reconsider our position on FB and other social media. Rumor has it that the forum may be eliminated due to lack of people using it. I guess I would agree since it seems like there are only about 10-15 users on here. And half of that use it regularly.

Dennis, is that you? Did you steal Kevins password?

Keep stirring the pot.....

Jibber
11-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Keep stirring the pot.....

What Pot are you speaking of?

rhoidahl
11-05-2013, 01:25 PM
George - It's predominantly the younger teenage crowed which is moving away from Facebook. I just saw on the news where Facebook is still growing and is still the number 1 social media format. Though Facebook's growth rate has slowed somewhat as other venues have entered the market. I don't see us expanding to other social media. We already have to post everything on both Facebook and the Forum, and some with Email as well... ... ...

Is club news gonna have to be posted on other media forums as well, like Twitter & Instagram which I read & saw on tv as more popular?
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/01/tech/social-media/facebook-teens/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I'll just stick to this good old forum for postings!

SVT10th
11-05-2013, 02:27 PM
George - It's predominantly the younger teenage crowed which is moving away from Facebook. I just saw on the news where Facebook is still growing and is still the number 1 social media format. Though Facebook's growth rate has slowed somewhat as other venues have entered the market. I don't see us expanding to other social media. We already have to post everything on both Facebook and the Forum, and some with Email as well... ... ...

I bet we still postal mail out some of the newsletters too.

Email & Forums are predominantly 35 year olds and up.
Facebook is popular with 20-somethings and up.
Twitter, Instagram, etc are where the youngsters are moving for their social media needs

'Course there are outliers -- my daughter who is 17.5 -- has no facebook or twitter account. (her choice, not mine). Communicates with her friends exclusively on email and texting. I'm not sure she knows that her phone even MAKES calls.....

390gtconv
11-05-2013, 03:45 PM

Randy, I don't wanna have to monitor or have another p/w to remember or site to navigate...

rhoidahl
11-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Randy, I don't wanna have to monitor or have another p/w to remember or site to navigate...

...And I don't want another social media that I have to post club news on; Facebook and the Forum is quite enough..(I thought p/w stood for power windows)...

390gtconv
11-05-2013, 08:04 PM
... Facebook and the Forum is quite enough..(I thought p/w stood for power windows)...
p/w ... Positively worthless!! = Facebook & all social media!

Dennis O'Shea
11-05-2013, 08:47 PM
I thought it stood for Pussy Whipped I am no expert on this Ask Ed he should know

LILBLKSNAKE
11-06-2013, 06:38 AM
I thought it stood for Pussy Whipped I am no expert on this Ask Ed he should know

The deal is that I will do anything she wants after racing season, even dress up in silly Halloween costumes for Ian's enjoyment!! Happy Birthday Ian!! Hope we entertained you enough all weekend!!

390gtconv
11-06-2013, 07:41 AM
The deal is that I will do anything she wants after racing season, even dress up in silly Halloween costumes for Ian's enjoyment!! Happy Birthday Ian!! Hope we entertained you enough all weekend!!

Question is Ed, what will you wear for club xmas party????

chachee52
11-06-2013, 07:49 AM

Now that's whipped. I don't even dress up for my own wedding!! Never mind dress up for Halloween. Good for you ED.

TorchredSVT
11-06-2013, 03:16 PM
sorry to disapoint, FB is not a fad...it's around for good.

While there are other forms of social media, FB is still the foundation. 100 billion dollar companies just don't disappear over night because some 13 year old's stop using it so their parents won't see them

TorchredSVT
11-06-2013, 03:17 PM

thanks bud.....costume did not disappoint either!!! Thank's for hanging buddy.....it's good to actually see you again

390gtconv
11-06-2013, 03:33 PM
sorry to disapoint, FB is not a fad...it's around for good.

While there are other forms of social media, FB is still the foundation. 100 billion dollar companies just don't disappear over night because some 13 year old's stop using it so their parents won't see them

Ian, as said, what happened to MYSPACE then? Only time will tell as to what the next "HOT THING" is. BTW, I believe I read TWITTER is also owned by FB.
In the end none of it matters to me.

Dennis O'Shea
11-06-2013, 04:27 PM
If it doesn't matter to you why do you keep commenting on it You seem to be a closet FB Boy
Ian, as said, what happened to MYSPACE then? Only time will tell as to what the next "HOT THING" is. BTW, I believe I read TWITTER is also owned by FB.
In the end none of it matters to me.

390gtconv
11-06-2013, 05:12 PM
If it doesn't matter to you why do you keep commenting on it You seem to be a closet FB Boy

Because back in time, folks were led to believe most club notices and pics for sure were only on FB. And there are several folks on this site that don't want FB to be exclusive. Got it.

KARMAN
11-06-2013, 05:20 PM
I bet we still postal mail out some of the newsletters too.

Email & Forums are predominantly 35 year olds and up.
As one of the "and up" crowd I would be lost to all if the group went to farcebook.:(

ToplessPony94
11-06-2013, 05:29 PM
As one of the "and up" crowd I would be lost to all if the group went to farcebook.:(

What he said!

TorchredSVT
11-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Myspace still exsists.......it's just not used as a staple social media site. Myspace has evolved into a place to market music. The migration away from myspace all centered around how much of a second rate social media tool it really was. There just wasn't much you could do with it. Facebook is a total different beasts, there are companies which are born and ran out of FB.

I don't see any reason why FB and the forum can't co-exist. Shit, just like Jim mentioned, depending upon how crazy we want to get the two can be integrated. Anyone on Bob's site see's it all the time

Dennis O'Shea
11-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Oh George You missed it again Twitter went public today buy was twenty six was up at the close 73% And if thats fadding away I want all I can get On the down side it is not expected to make a profit till late 2014. Not bad for a floundering company

chachee52
11-07-2013, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=TorchredSVT;7170 Myspace has evolved into a place to market music. [/QUOTE]

um, I have to disagree. It did not evolve into this. This is was its original intent was. It has resolved back to what it was designed for, not evolving into just a music marketing tool.

LILBLKSNAKE
11-08-2013, 07:17 AM
Jibber and Ryan both made Facebook pages this week. Even if you never post a single thing it's just one new way to check in on club news

TorchredSVT
11-08-2013, 08:33 AM
um, I have to disagree. It did not evolve into this. This is was its original intent was. It has resolved back to what it was designed for, not evolving into just a music marketing tool.

says the BOOBS man :)

It was supposed to have...and really did for a while, then kinda peetered out because no one goes onto myspace at all. What's more troubling about your post is how much knowledge you have about myspace....let's see your profile :)

390gtconv
11-08-2013, 08:54 AM
QUOTE: hahah this is what happens when i disapear for a while....JK

Got a new job and was in new hire training this week , so I haven't been around at all.
I typically only check the forum M-F anyways.........

In my opinion, having a blend between the two forums of media is important. I would expect it will stay that way )

Ian, is this where your new job is?

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/11/07/facebook-to-open-boston-area-office/
lol

chachee52
11-08-2013, 03:51 PM
says the BOOBS man :)

It was supposed to have...and really did for a while, then kinda peetered out because no one goes onto myspace at all. What's more troubling about your post is how much knowledge you have about myspace....let's see your profile :)

Never had a my-space account, but I have a bunch of friends in the music industry and that's how they were looking for new band members and gigs.
My point was that it started as one thing, got out of control with the "look I'm going to the bathroom" people, the fad stopped and now it's back to where it originated from.
FB will go back to the "I slept with this person" site soon............ um, I guess that's what it is now?