PDA

View Full Version : winter projects thread!

whtmare
10-31-2013, 05:31 PM
post them up guys whats going on this winter? pics please! im going to be doing some hydro carbon water transfer stuff under the hood ill post pics on the progress.

rhoidahl
10-31-2013, 06:40 PM
Ryan -- Please keep us posted on how the hydro carbon water application turn out. For this winter, it's a JLT cold air intake, retune, and "Terminator" valve cover plates

ToplessPony94
10-31-2013, 09:14 PM
Not planning anything big this winter. But then I said that last winter and ended up in the "3 hour" battle box install that turned into 5 weekends :( as well as the bump-steer kit and the rucas, bushings and rear shock tower brace. We'll see what MM puts up on their daily deals this winter, though by now I have most of their stuff already.

Planning to swap out my motor mounts and tranny mount for replacements from Energy Suspension. After 19 years they don't owe me anything, and the state my rear control arm bushings were in when I replaced them last year, make me think they surely must need it. Maybe a few minor cosmetic enhancements. Maybe finally replace the vert top that I've been talking about doing for the past 5 years. Or not, since it's rarely up anyway and it isn't really that bad.

I've also been thinking forever about a light bar, but never felt it was a good idea because it makes getting into the back seat difficult. Of course, that reason is gone since I don't have a back seat anymore. So now I can think seriously about whether I really want one or not. Advice is most welcome on that one! If I do get one, it will be the Classic Design Concepts bar.

LILBLKSNAKE
11-01-2013, 07:00 AM
For the 94-
Astro A5 Transmission
Full Locker and C-Clip eliminators
New clutch
Paint the new trailer

For the COBRA-
SELL TO AMY!!

SVT10th
11-01-2013, 08:14 AM
For the Terminator:
Winterize and hibernate

For the GT:
Install and paint bumper cover
bang out hood dents
fix temp gauge/sender
Shift kit?
re-cover front seats?

TorchredSVT
11-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Hopefully going to finally get some new wheels for the cobra, IF I can make up my mind......and maybe a mid pipe

I've also been thinking forever about a light bar, but never felt it was a good idea because it makes getting into the back seat difficult. Of course, that reason is gone since I don't have a back seat anymore. So now I can think seriously about whether I really want one or not. Advice is most welcome on that one! If I do get one, it will be the Classic Design Concepts bar.

Bruce, I have often toyed with the idea of a light bar. There are days i wake up and think to myself I am stupid for not having one....but then I realize you have to drill holes in the interior side covers and it reminds me why I don't have one. I still struggle with it, I do think they look good...but just not worth it to me. I like mod's that can be undone.....and unfortunately, a lightbar is not one of them. Well, unless you want to buy interior panels. CDC does make the best one...if you call them directly instead of ordering through American Muscle they can make you one WITHOUT the annoying CDC logo on the side.

ToplessPony94
11-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Bruce, I have often toyed with the idea of a light bar. There are days i wake up and think to myself I am stupid for not having one....but then I realize you have to drill holes in the interior side covers and it reminds me why I don't have one.

Thanks, Ian. Good to know someone else is fighting the same internal battle that I am. I guess there's always Prestige Mustang for interior panels. I got some trunk interior from them back in the spring, and will probably get a vert top windshield trim from them over the winter (drilled holes in mine I ended up not using :( ). I expect I'll eventually do the light bar, but maybe not this winter.

chachee52
11-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Taking the engine out and shoving the Mini into it. The Mini will never look better after!!

390gtconv
11-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Taking the engine out and shoving the Mini into it. The Mini will never look better after!!

That make the MINI a MAX'Y?

chachee52
11-02-2013, 07:16 AM
That make the MINI a MAX'Y?

Then I can use my old signs: "Vote For Max!!" :D :(

390gtconv
11-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Well with round 2 of parts ordered yesterday to do a complete rebuild of my 4 spd. Already bought 1/2 syncro & 4th which is part of input shaft, I ordered 1,2,3 & 3/4 syncro. Brother in-law & I hope to complete before snow so I can get car back into enclosed trailer for winter. I love the challenge of rebuilding most everything on this car myself. :o19131914

Todd, with my car being apart all summer and not at shows, you must have been happy to "clean up" on getting trophies I'd normally get. lol

Jays66gt
11-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Counting the days until there is no more threat of snow!

TorchredSVT
11-07-2013, 08:40 AM
very cool george, looking good

390gtconv
11-07-2013, 10:13 AM
very cool george, looking good

According to my wife, it'll "look better" when fixed and moved back into trailer so she can have garage space back. :eek: Especially with hint of winter maybe late next week.

ToplessPony94
11-07-2013, 01:00 PM
According to my wife, it'll "look better" when fixed and moved back into trailer so she can have garage space back. :eek: Especially with hint of winter maybe late next week.

Yeah. Lu Ann feels the same way about a certain furniture refurbishment project currently underway on her side of our garage. I'll be working on the final coat of stain tonight. :rolleyes:

390gtconv
12-04-2013, 06:00 PM
195119521953How's everyone else's projects going?
Fri after Thanksgiving my brother in-law & I did a complete rebuild on my 4 spd & installed it all in same day. I must say I'm happy that we did it. Not so bad with right tools and good instructions. Almost finished up today installing brkts, covers, detailing. Just need to grease and install drive shaft, drain old gas. Fixed few other minor things. Hope to start and move this weekend into enclosed trailer if weather on Sat lets me.

whtmare
12-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Looks good ^^^ I dropped my under hood parts off at the coaters last Friday aswell will post pics in a couple weeks!

ToplessPony94
12-04-2013, 08:31 PM
OOOOOOOh! Parts! You get to have all the fun! Lookin' good, George!

ToplessPony94
12-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Looks like my winter will consist of a lot of little stuff not worth mentioning, plus new motor and tranny mounts. And when CDC had 20% off the store last weekend I finally sprang for the light bar. It should arrive early next week.

390gtconv
12-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Other than Carlisle, I missed a whole summer. So if all goes well with some minor maintainance in spring, I'm gonna really enjoy driving it.

ToplessPony94
12-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Other than Carlisle, I missed a whole summer. So if all goes well with some minor maintainance in spring, I'm gonna really enjoy driving it.

I'll just bet you will! Good luck with it. Hope to see you Saturday night!

whtmare
12-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Update on my current project picked up my parts from the coater today. I must say I'm really happy with them.

TorchredSVT
12-27-2013, 08:54 AM
looks good ryan, saw the pic on FB.

Are those dipped? Or did you have them painted?

whtmare
12-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Primed , painted , then hydro dipped ,clear coat final step.

Jibber
12-28-2013, 09:44 AM
They came out nice Ryan. Cant wait to see them on your car.

390gtconv
12-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Done!!!
For now. As stated earlier my brother in-law and I rebuilt my trans about month ago. After install I found I couldn't shift at all in 1/2. Really puzzling, I was gonna wait 'til spring. Brother in-law said we need to solve mystery. So today being the last sorta warm day for awhile we pulled trans back out and once we remove top cover we figured out quickly that a simple screw that sets spring tension for 1st & 2nd was set to tight. Readjusted, all set. Trans back in today, good to go. Glad to hit my goal of getting it rebuilt this year with 1 day to spare. lol
Also put in new lower seal on steering box.
After missing all of cruzin season 2013, I'm ready. Bring on World of Wheel, Carlisle, anything!!!!!!!!

I might even put studed snows on it to drive now.
Not really.

whtmare
12-30-2013, 06:41 PM
Sounds great can't wait to see it George !

I ordered my black pa alternator today should be here Friday. Then I will put it all back togheter this weekend.

ToplessPony94
12-30-2013, 11:16 PM
Sounds great can't wait to see it George !

I ordered my black pa alternator today should be here Friday. Then I will put it all back togheter this weekend.

Hope you have a heated garage if you plan to work on it Saturday! Good Luck!

ToplessPony94
12-30-2013, 11:17 PM
Done!!!
For now. As stated earlier my brother in-law and I rebuilt my trans about month ago. After install I found I couldn't shift at all in 1/2. Really puzzling, I was gonna wait 'til spring. Brother in-law said we need to solve mystery. So today being the last sorta warm day for awhile we pulled trans back out and once we remove top cover we figured out quickly that a simple screw that sets spring tension for 1st & 2nd was set to tight. Readjusted, all set. Trans back in today, good to go. Glad to hit my goal of getting it rebuilt this year with 1 day to spare. lol
Also put in new lower seal on steering box.
After missing all of cruzin season 2013, I'm ready. Bring on World of Wheel, Carlisle, anything!!!!!!!!

Not really.

Great to hear George! We definitely missed you this season. Best of luck with it in '14! :cool:

TorchredSVT
12-31-2013, 09:00 AM
very cool george!!!! congrats

chachee52
12-31-2013, 10:55 AM
Not really.

Anytime your ready to cruise let me know. Mine is always sitting waiting. I don't need heat or power steering fluid in my car to have fun driving her!