PDA

View Full Version : Vice Presidency

rhoidahl
08-22-2013, 09:28 AM
One of our members has told me (in a public Facebook posting no less) that I don't deserve to be vice-president . Anyone else out there feel the same?? I put a lot of time and effort into this club, but if I am not meeting your expectations, I should, and will, resign. Let me know. THANKS.

Dennis O'Shea
08-22-2013, 10:20 AM
I don't know if my Vote counts anymore You have done an oustanding job you have kept the membership well informed on whats happening As far as shows, cruise nights You have my respect and my support for what thats worth

ToplessPony94
08-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Randy, I feel you have tried to bring new things into the club, and I feel that is wanted and needed. It hasn't always worked, but that's far better than not trying. You work hard for the club (some others do as well). I'm not on FB, so I don't know any details here, but I think you are doing a good job. You have my support.

whtmare
08-22-2013, 01:01 PM
You give your heart and soul to the club.

390gtconv
08-22-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm good with you!
You're doing better than what I'm doing!

SVT10th
08-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Just took a gander over on FB.
(Yes, I have an account -- I just don't go on much.)

WTF is going over there? Haven't seen this much drama since the dustup of a few summers ago. The original post had been deleted by the time I got there, but it looks like there was some fallout affecting more than one member. I swear, put a keyboard in someones hand and Internet Tough Guy comes out and all civility seems to go out the window. A computer screen seems to be a license to be tactless for some people.

Randy, I think you are doing a fine job. Keep it up, and don't let the trolls get to you.

Jibber
08-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Randy, IMHO you are doing a great job for the club and it's members. As was mentioned, you are keeping us informed and up to date on everything. You try to get people to go to events and are constantly prodding us through your friendly reminder messages.
Who has made such an aweful statement? Since it was made publicly over on FB I'm sure some people have seen the post, then I feel we should know as well....

TorchredSVT
08-22-2013, 02:00 PM
FB post in question was deleted......we need to move on from the drama.

anyone with questions PM me , no need to further muddy the waters.

I'd vote to lock this thread down and or delete it

rhoidahl
08-22-2013, 03:01 PM
I started this thread; not to continue the conflict that was posted on FB, but to see if others felt the club would be better off with someone else as VP. The individual (who stated I do not deserve to be VP) is entitled to his opinion, and I can respect that. But I had to determine if others felt the same way. This is a great club, and the club and all its members deserve a VP who is committed to the club and in doing things in the clubs best interest. If other members feel I should not be VP, then I should, and will, turn the position over to someone else. So I welcome ALL comments, whether in my favor or not... ... ...

LILBLKSNAKE
08-22-2013, 03:47 PM
I liked you better with the 1996 GT
But as far as VP, you're doing an awesome job.

whtmare
08-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Yeah the gt was better but your pretty fly for an old guy my votes to keep ya.

KARMAN
08-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Just one more reason for me not to get a farcebook account.
Well, I certainly have no complaints.
Carry on.

chachee52
08-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Randy, I am always one to tell people to their face if something is wrong (ask any of my patients!!!)
I have no issues with what you are doing or trying to do. This is your first year, there are going to be things that you try that aren't going to work but that's what is needed. It takes a lot of guts to go and try things that haven't been done in a club like this before. Keep it up, I admit I haven't been able to make a bunch of things this summer that I wanted to go to. It's been one of those years!!!
As for naming the person, I don't think that is needed.

rhoidahl
08-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Thanks for all the kind comments, here and on FB. The FB posting has been deleted, and if I could figure out how to delete this posting from the forum, I would do that as well. Anyway, enough on this issue. Time to go forward on a positive trend and put this issue behind us. This is a great club of which I am proud to be a member and VP.

ToplessPony94
08-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Time to go forward on a positive trend and put this issue behind us. This is a great club of which I am proud to be a member

I agree 100%. Keep on truckin' Randy.

LILBLKSNAKE
08-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Yeah the gt was better but your pretty fly for an old guy my votes to keep ya.

He just called the VP OLD!!!

rhoidahl
08-23-2013, 08:18 AM
That's cuz the VP is old...remember, that as a percentage of my age, you are catching up to me...

TorchredSVT
08-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Randy,

I am working on getting this thread deleted.......you are doing a fantastic job

SVT10th
08-23-2013, 02:05 PM
my $0.02 as former moderator of various iterations of this and other forums...
Don't delete the thread. Modifying the forum conversations should be a last resort and only when something is really injurious to another person. Conversations happen -- both pro and con about all sorts of things. Coverups and editorializing are never good policies for promoting free discussion.

Besides, this thread is nothing but positive about Randy. Lock the thread if you want, but it isn't necessary to delete it.

Jibber
08-23-2013, 05:52 PM
FB post in question was deleted......we need to move on from the drama.

anyone with questions PM me , no need to further muddy the waters.

I'd vote to lock this thread down and or delete it

I PM'd you.... NO response yet.

my $0.02 as former moderator of various iterations of this and other forums...
Don't delete the thread. Modifying the forum conversations should be a last resort and only when something is really injurious to another person. Conversations happen -- both pro and con about all sorts of things. Coverups and editorializing are never good policies for promoting free discussion.

Besides, this thread is nothing but positive about Randy. Lock the thread if you want, but it isn't necessary to delete it.

I of course agree with Jim

mr03mach1
08-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Yea!!!!! Another mystery member trying to mess things up.......
I think you do a great job too Randy, hope you told em to stuff it.