PDA

View Full Version : Events Update

rhoidahl
08-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Cruising Downtown Manchester (8/31) -- only THREE registration forms so far, one of which is mine. I have to send these in on Friday. We usually have 30 or so cars that make this event with about 10 to 12 who meet up early, drive in together and help with parking and directing traffic.
Lake Sunapee Dinner Cruise -- Only three responses to this event, probably should forget it this year and try again next summer.
East Coast Camaro Club All Vehicles Show (8/25) -- No responses to meet up as a group and drive to this show this Sunday, so I guess whoever wants to go will just meet up at the event.

chachee52
08-20-2013, 08:20 PM
A), it's only Tues. I know for me it's hard to plan for what's going to happen Sunday yet. I will probably not be going to this show, but I wouldn't be meeting up because I'd have to pass right by the show to meet up with the group anyway.

I will not be attending the cruise downtown either. I go away that weekend.
But I would wait a little bit before you cancel your plans for the Camaro show cruise in, its' still early.

whtmare
08-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Randy did you get my pm??

ToplessPony94
08-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Like Todd, I would have to pass right by the show gate to get to the meet-up. Doesn't make sense as I would end up driving 4-5 times the distance from me to the show. I'd be in for a meet-up if it was closer to the show. Maybe we could all meet in the parking lot of Alvirne Chapel about 1/2 mile from the show gate and cruise in together. The show is at Hill House, 211 Derry Rd (Rt 102) and the chapel is at 160 Derry Road. Probably get more participation that way. And don't worry about noise at a chapel on a Sunday morning - there are no services there, it's just rented out for weddings and such. I'm sure no one will be getting married at 8AM-ish on a Sunday. We could meet there at 7:45.

Much as I like the club doing new things like the Sunapee dinner thing, this is just too late in the day for us with the next day being a work day. Might well have sprung for it on a Saturday, but not a Sunday. Lu Ann has to be at work at 7:00 the next morning.

As for Downtown Manchester, I can never make that show because it's always held on the same day as my extended family's annual reunion.

whtmare
08-20-2013, 10:10 PM
I want to do manchester who is doing it?

07 stang gt
08-21-2013, 07:48 AM
I will be 4 wheeling in Jerrico state park with the family on Sat. and will try to come home the same day (!!??) and be ready for Sundays show, so the early morning meet up might be tough. Manchester I am still up in the air about. Heard last year was a disaster with parking, etc etc.. and don't know if I want to there all day but another friend of mine might be going as well so will make a last minute decision on that

390gtconv
08-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Randy, my transmission is still out and apart and won't be done in next few weeks so I'm out.

Jibber
08-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Randy, my transmission is still out and apart and won't be done in next few weeks so I'm out.

How long does this take?? Seems like thats your excuse for this year.... Just get it done!

Randy, PM if you'd like for my .02 on stuff. Or you can call. However, I don't think you have my number cuz I'm not one of the premier club members. Haha. Or is it because I'm not on FB where all the cool guys are?

390gtconv
08-21-2013, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=Jibber;6174]How long does this take?? Seems like thats your excuse for this year.... Just get it done!

QUOTE]

You hardly ever showed up to events when my car was running. Now you're gonna log 1k miles this year?
Between vaca, looking for new job, MANY house projects to get caught up on because spent last 2 years working on the PFH car, not much time. Already spent ~ $500 on basic trans rebuild parts now it needs all gears replaced. Sooooo it waits. Plus car is about 10 yrs on its resto so I wanna go over some maintainance and undercarriage detailing stuff while it's on hold.

LILBLKSNAKE
08-21-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm going to AutoPaint RI that day.

chachee52
08-21-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm going to AutoPaint RI that day.

You didn't tell me that you're taking my car this weekend!! When are you grabbing it so I'll be ready?

Jibber
08-21-2013, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=Jibber;6174]How long does this take?? Seems like thats your excuse for this year.... Just get it done!

QUOTE]

You hardly ever showed up to events when my car was running. Now you're gonna log 1k miles this year?
Between vaca, looking for new job, MANY house projects to get caught up on because spent last 2 years working on the PFH car, not much time. Already spent ~ $500 on basic trans rebuild parts now it needs all gears replaced. Sooooo it waits. Plus car is about 10 yrs on its resto so I wanna go over some maintainance and undercarriage detailing stuff while it's on hold.

You appear to be tense Bubba..... Why?
Also, I think your confusing me with Ian. I drive my car every year. Your probably remembering when I worked in retail and could never make any events due to the fact that I worked every weekend.

That said... Just get the car done. Take it to Midas if you have too.

390gtconv
08-22-2013, 07:10 AM
[QUOTE=390gtconv;6176]

Take it to Midas if you have too.

Ya right, like those monkey's know what an orig 4 spd is!!

LILBLKSNAKE
08-22-2013, 07:13 AM
[QUOTE=Jibber;6181]

HEY!!!!!!!!! I worked at Midas!!!!!!

chachee52
08-22-2013, 07:34 AM
[QUOTE=390gtconv;6176]

. I drive my car every year.

O, I missed it at Carlisle. I got pics of everyone's car there excepts yours. I'm sorry man

390gtconv
08-22-2013, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE=390gtconv;6184]

Well, you can't use a torch to take a trans apart!!!

chachee52
08-22-2013, 09:01 AM
[QUOTE=LILBLKSNAKE;6185]

Well, you can't use a torch to take a trans apart!!!

I disagree! You CAN use a torch to take it apart!!!!!!!
You just might not be able to put it back together after :p

Jibber
08-22-2013, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=Jibber;6181]

Your point?

[QUOTE=390gtconv;6184]

It figures.

[QUOTE=Jibber;6181]

O, I missed it at Carlisle. I got pics of everyone's car there excepts yours. I'm sorry man

We don't do rain

TorchredSVT
08-22-2013, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE=390gtconv;6176]

You appear to be tense Bubba..... Why?
Also, I think your confusing me with Ian. I drive my car every year. .

how many miles you logged this year? I think im close to 700......

390gtconv
08-22-2013, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=chachee52;6186]

We don't do rain

Why, is it made from sugar? Don't wanna be seen holding a sponge to wash it? Only get enough gas money for once a month?

Jibber
08-22-2013, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=Jibber;6181]

how many miles you logged this year? I think im close to 700......

Im around 8-900.

[QUOTE=Jibber;6193]

Why, is it made from sugar? Don't wanna be seen holding a sponge to wash it? Only get enough gas money for once a month?

All of the above!

TorchredSVT
08-22-2013, 02:01 PM
hahahahahaha we are actually pretty close in miles driven then