PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Camaro Club Annual All-Vehicles Show

rhoidahl
08-18-2013, 12:46 PM

The East Coast Camaro Club annual show is next Sunday in Hudson, NH -- here's a copy of the show registration form. For those who want to drive down together, we can meet up at the Exit 4 Burger King at 7:30. Please respond to this post if you want to meet up with the group... ... ...

ToplessPony94
08-18-2013, 10:13 PM
I'll see you guys at the show. I live close by the show field and would prefer to sleep a little later after taking in the Wings and Wheels in Chicopee the day before.

chachee52
08-18-2013, 10:34 PM
If i go to the Wings and Wheels than I'm probably not going to make this one.

ToplessPony94
08-25-2013, 05:11 PM
It was a good, fun show. The Bowtie Boys and Girls were very friendly and compliments were frequent. The show was about the size of Mustang Mania, but lots more giveaways and raffle prizes. They definitely drew way more foreign, antique and non-GM cars at this show than we drew foreign, antique and non-Ford cars at MM this year. They had way more sponsors, too, as well as vendors. Many of the vendors were non-vehicle-related (as they were yesterday at Wings and Wheels, too), but Town Faire had a big display and gave away a $1500 gift certificate in a raffle. It was a peer judged show, but I pretty much thought the right cars won the classes, though I didn't always agree with who got which out of 1st, 2nd and 3rd. But that's true of most car shows. Their trophies and awards also outclassed ours if you judge them by their ability to impress. That being said, the award size/quality doesn't matter much to me - but I know it does to some people.

This was my first time attending and I was favorably impressed.

Jibber
08-25-2013, 05:55 PM
Bruce, You were spot on with your assessment of the show especially your comparisons to Mustang Mania.
Glad you had fun. Sorry I couldn't make it to at least walk around. I was too busy pressure washing the house and doing other chores.

LILBLKSNAKE
08-25-2013, 08:03 PM
I may be interpreting honest criticism the wrong way but they probably ALSO had way more club members lending a helping hand than we did at Mustang Mania or TASCA Weekend.

chachee52
08-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Their trophies and awards also outclassed ours if you judge them by their ability to impress. That being said, the award size/quality doesn't matter much to me - but I know it does to some people.

I thought that the trophies for our show this year were awsome!!! I'd much rather have what we had than a trophy any day of the week.

ToplessPony94
08-25-2013, 08:16 PM
I may be interpreting honest criticism the wrong way but they probably ALSO had way more club members lending a helping hand than we did at Mustang Mania or TASCA Weekend.

Correct - it was intended to be an honest comparison, not criticism. I do think they probably put more effort into finding sponsors and prizes. They were pulling raffle tickets all day and posting the numbers on a winner board that you could go check periodically. I would say they had a couple of hundred raffle prizes - enough that almost everyone who entered won something. Their sponsors tend to be from places with deeper pockets, too.

I suspect they are better organized because they spend the day before the show setting up the field at Hill House. My guess would be we don't have that option at the Bud plant. They also have a club meeting to stuff the huge goodie bags that everyone gets.

They definitely had way more members in the (huge) club tent than we get helping us. Because it's peer judged (surely not necessarily a better method than we use these days at MM) they can devote all of their members to directing parking, running registration, etc, etc. Also true, later in the day they have way more ballots to count, but the show is in full swing by then and less people are needed on the field.

Let me be clear that in no way was I trying to put down Mustang Mania or those who organize it and put it on. Just offering what I believe to be an honest comparison. As for Tasca Weekend, drag racing isn't really my thing so I don't go and can't offer any thoughts there or comparison there.

ToplessPony94
08-25-2013, 08:27 PM
I thought that the trophies for our show this year were awsome!!! I'd much rather have what we had than a trophy any day of the week.

I don't disagree, Todd. Just saying that theirs were very impressive if that's what you care about. I couldn't care less, personally. Just to be clear, the trophies and awards for this show totally covered four 8-foot long tables and they trophies were big and fancy. I'm not trying to cause trouble here - just reporting, as I asked a lot of questions hoping I might glean something we could use or learn from. Please don't shoot the messenger.

07 stang gt
08-26-2013, 06:16 AM
I also liked the show as well. Very organized and one thing I did like was the rows of cars arranged by class with #'s for each row that matched the #'s on the ballot. There was no searching around for cars in each class.They were all lined up together so you could see them at the same time and make a better judgement of each car. Although I get beat by a Mustang with Lambo doors and hand painted plastic tanks(ouch!!!) it was a fun day.No knock on our club at all, just liked the way it was set up.

LILBLKSNAKE
08-26-2013, 07:21 AM
one thing I did like was the rows of cars arranged by class with #'s for each row that matched the #'s on the ballot.

We did that for many years. I was probably one of the few that really likes the new way, where people can park with their friends. In a peer judged show that is more difficult though.
Thoughts?? Personally I like parking with whoever I want!!

07 stang gt
08-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Having every car in that class next to each other eliminates the "oh I forgot about that one" and "I didn't get a chance to get over there", plus when they are right next to each other, you can really compare them, as well as spectaors can see every generation of car years together, which I think looks really cool. Friends will always hang out with eachother at the shows so I don't see that being an issue. Just a thought.

chachee52
08-26-2013, 07:57 AM
I see both ways of parking. As someone who helped a lot at the shows, it's sometimes very difficult to set up each class. One year there will be 20 cars in a class, the next there will be 3. Also you get the people that get there and "I want to park in the shade and my class is in the open" complaints. Where, the park where you want if some one says that I was able to respond "should have got here earlier" response.
We can have an entire year of this thread going back and forth about which is better the classes of no classes. They each have advantages and disadvantages. This is well known.
One of these times i will make this show. for some reason there just has been a lot of stuff going on that weekend each year they've had it.

Jibber
08-26-2013, 08:38 AM

Seems like everyone has raw nerves exposed lately.....getting all puffed up over every comment made..... Relax.
Everything is opinion based isn't it? Bruces assessment, is his opinion, nothing more. You either agree or disagree. I agreed. It's not a knock. It's not anything. Take it for what it's worth.
Outside looking in, it would appear that the ECCC show has way more involvement by their club members. I'm sure it's not left to one person going out and soliciting things for the Gift bags, raffles and the huge sponsers etc. that are there. It takes planning by a group.....
We could do this for MM as well. It's called choices....

TorchredSVT
08-26-2013, 09:28 AM
I think Bruce's review is helpful and insightful actually...thanks for taking the time to point some of the differences out. Every club / organization is different..looking at ECC's website thier club is structured very differently than NHMC so comparing the two is like apples and oranges.

Mustang Mania is definitely judged the correct way. I personally dislike peer judged shows and avoid them at all costs.