PDA

View Full Version : what are you using......

chachee52
08-12-2013, 09:11 PM
...... for glass cleaner?
I'm looking for something over the counter. I'm a guy that doesn't want to wait for something this simple that I use regularly.
Recently I've found myself buying different ones and each on seems to be worse than the next. I'm looking for something more for the inside of the windows than the outside so RainX is not really needed. (not a huge fan anyway) This is for all my cars. I do a lot of open window driving with my DD as well and it seems like all the stuff i've been using makes things worse as soon as it gets a little humid.
Maybe I'm just over thinking this and should just use regular Windex.
What's the thoughts?

390gtconv
08-12-2013, 09:32 PM
If we're talking about cleaning cars inside windows. If you know me, I've done a lot of detailing in my time with good results. I've read one key thing to use on wiping window is to buy the CHEAP store brand paper towels. That's because they don't contain all the fancy dyes & perfumes etc that brand name ones do. What I do after a "spray & wipe" is to use a clean cotton towel and wipe window off again. Never have a problem with a film. Also using clean newspapers is know to work well for wiping w/o film.
That help?
Remember all the diff brands of spray don't much matter if you can't get a clean wipe off.

ToplessPony94
08-12-2013, 09:45 PM
First off, never use those blue paper shop towels. I don't know what they have on them but it's smearsville all the way I only made that mistake once.

I like the foam window cleaner that Griot's came out with about a year ago. Works great and no film. I use it with a tool from (of all places) Fuller Brush that gets into the corners of the windshield nicely. Griot's car care supplies are available at AutoZone these days, and now at Advance Auto Parts, so you can pick some up at a discount at cruise night.

Bob Comire
08-12-2013, 09:49 PM
You'll probably get all sorts of opinions here but, I have always had good luck with Invisible Glass.

whtmare
08-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Spray way. it's at wallmart in a big white can best glass cleaner I've ever used and dirt cheap. It's also foaming.

LILBLKSNAKE
08-13-2013, 07:27 AM
I use black rustoleum

chachee52
08-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Cool suggestions. I typically don't use the blue towels, but now that you say it Bruce I might have this last time because I was in a hurry and they were right there.
I do usually take a second dry paper towel and wipe the window down a second time after. I have used a foam before and will say, I did like it a lot. Don't know why I switched to be honest?
I'll go look for some of these suggestions and maybe have an article in the newsletter like Jeff with his polishes.
Thanks guys

rhoidahl
08-13-2013, 09:40 AM
I also recommend Invisible Glass; put wipe it dry with newspaper -- no streaking...

ToplessPony94
08-13-2013, 09:54 AM
I use black rustoleum

Black is fast - especially when you can't see where you're going!

SVT10th
08-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Invisible Glass....

07GTCS
08-13-2013, 03:17 PM
I have been using Invisible Glass. I spray it on a paper towel (must be Bounty) clean window, dry with a clean microfiber.

TorchredSVT
08-14-2013, 09:14 AM
invisible glass + a microfiber towel that's CLEAN

the microfiber is the key ingredient

Jays66gt
08-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Windshield washer fluid and an old t-shirt. Seriously. No streaks and no fogging.

whtmare
08-20-2013, 10:15 PM
So Todd what are you useing now?

07 stang gt
08-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Invisible glass / ptowel go over the microfiber. Anyone out there used Adams Polishing Co. products. ABSOLUTLY OUTSTANDING stuff !!!

whtmare
08-21-2013, 07:57 AM
Yup Adams metal polish is awesome that's all that will touch my blower.

chachee52
08-21-2013, 08:19 AM
I picked up some Invisible Glass foam and wipes at the cruise night.
The foam seemed to work ok so far. The wipes seems to be too wet and left a lot of streaks even after using a dry towel (both paper and microfiber)
So I think that I will use the foam and leave the wipes for emergency roadside touch-ups.

hurtin_monky
08-22-2013, 08:39 PM
+1 on sprayway and cheap paper towels and micro fiber