PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

chachee52
07-22-2013, 07:46 AM
just wanted to thank everyone who put a lot of long hours putting together the show yesterday. Yet again it was a great show with a good turn out. Yes, there were some exciting and bizzar moments, but I think that we can all say that its a show taht we can all remember!!!!
I know how hard the people work to put this together and want to thank them for doing what they do.
But also I want to thank everyone that came to make it such a fun event!!!

TorchredSVT
07-22-2013, 09:12 AM
What a day!!!

Even though there were a few speed bumps, I thought it went over well. Thanks to everyone that helped with it and I know I certainly won't ever forget this show LOL.

Blue95GT
07-22-2013, 09:26 AM
A great show!!!

As I was leaving, I saw an officer coming in, any news from that?

whtmare
07-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Great show I've made some new great friends over the past year. And damn that bullet!! Not the cat either..hope you get it fixed up soon Ian.

ToplessPony94
07-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Thanks to all for a great show once again. Great weather, great organization, great cars and car owners. I had a great time! I thought it was very well run, even with the glitch on the winners' names. I'm sure we all learned from that and it won't happen again. Thanks again to all! :)

As I was leaving, I saw an officer coming in, any news from that?

Yeah, I'm sure we all want to know more about that one! :confused: :(

TorchredSVT
07-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Amy...what time did you leave? Was after the awards right?

I didnt see them and did not get a chance to talk with them. I will contact the officer that I spoke with to see if there are any further updates.

I did call my insurance company, told me I was a first for a stray bullet claim. Sigh

SVT10th
07-22-2013, 04:03 PM
I think Ian needs a new sig:

-- Ian "Driveby" Lesniewski --
2003 10th Aniv. "Bullet Edition" Cobra Convertible Torch Red
Born on 6/18/2003 / Build # 4357 / # 489 0f 10th Aniv
1 of 1 Torch Red 10th Anniversary Bullet Cobra

by the way, if you didn't see the damage:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/22/y8aqaqeg.jpg

Chetb
07-22-2013, 09:14 PM
thanks to everyone for another great show...!!!!! had a blast and so did the rest of the family..!!!! Ian hope it all works out..!!

Blue95GT
07-23-2013, 07:57 AM
Amy...what time did you leave? Was after the awards right?

I didnt see them and did not get a chance to talk with them. I will contact the officer that I spoke with to see if there are any further updates.

I did call my insurance company, told me I was a first for a stray bullet claim. Sigh

I left during the non mustang awards, it was right after we all heard more shooting. He was coming in like he was on a mission, but no lights on.

TorchredSVT
07-31-2013, 03:37 PM
and conveniently the insurance company put an estimate together for $475 to repair the seat......so this will be an out of pocket expense.

gotta love insurance!!

SVT10th
07-31-2013, 03:59 PM
Don't formally accept their estimate yet.

Have you gotten any estimates yourself?
I had to fight my insurance for a reasonable value on the Fiery Juke. They said if I could show them three similar cars listed for more money, they would adjust the value, and they did. (And actually got a very generous settlement.)
So go get two quotes for repair and submit them as examples to your insurance.

A guy at the Nissan dealer told me that claims department people are paid a bonus to get you to accept their initial "low-ball" offer. Then they have two more tiers of offers they can make -- the final one being actual market value.
I don't know if this applies to repairs as opposed to vehicle replacement -- or even if it's actually how it works -- but it seemed to be how it worked for my situation.

chachee52
07-31-2013, 08:05 PM
I agree with Jim, don't except the check until you get an estimate from the person you are going to have repair it, or if you can ACTUALLY find a replacement seat.
Although, I do understand that really no matter what, it sounds like your deductible is $500.

rhoidahl
07-31-2013, 09:55 PM
Be careful when trying to compare your NH auto policy to Ian's MA auto policy; they are two different animals. Though the comp coverage should work the same way. Sounds to me like Ian has a $500 deductible on comp; if you can, get that reduced to $50 or $100. (And ask your agent why he gave you such a high comp deductible in the first place)...

chachee52
08-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Be careful when trying to compare your NH auto policy to Ian's MA auto policy; they are two different animals. Though the comp coverage should work the same way. Sounds to me like Ian has a $500 deductible on comp; if you can, get that reduced to $50 or $100. (And ask your agent why he gave you such a high comp deductible in the first place)...

I am from MA. Usually what happens when i've been in an accident (I've had two this year), they give you an estimate, you choose a place to get it fixed and then if it's more than estimated, they will write another check.
But my first accident smashed my trailer hitch, and I had some one give me an estimate on how much that was going to be to replace before I did anything.
The $500 deductible does stink, but it a common amount.

TorchredSVT
08-01-2013, 09:28 AM
I have not gotten any formal estimates yet....I can all but garuntee any place is going to try to repair the seat instead of replace it

I have specialty collectors insurance on the car....american collectors. These guys aren't stupid and know the seat can no longer be purchased from Ford. They are aware it's 10x easier to get the seat fixed than it is to get it replaced. Not to mention the fact, I am not keen on getting someone else's seat that's been god knows where and is in crappy shape.

I pay $525 for the year on on insurance for the cobra with an agreed value of $31k, limited to 5,000 miles....so I am not going to complain to much.

It's not like someone hit the car or the bullet pierced body panels, that'd be a total different ball game.

chachee52
08-01-2013, 08:15 PM
And as MA is a no-fault state, reducing the collision deductible should be considered as well, especially where you have no control over the other driver who could be 100% at fault. One more thing for those of you who take the insurance coverage off your Mustang when it is away for the winter, always-always-always keep the comp coverage on ... ... ...

Randy, I'm not quite sure what you mean by this statement. If someone hits you and the other person is at fault, the other person's insurance pays your deductible. So there is Fault. The issue is that there has to be some kind of proof of fault. Example, I was broad sided at a set of lights, I had the green light and the other guy ran the red. On one stopped to help and by the time the cops got there, the other guy claimed he had the green light. The cop could not come up with who did, so we both had to pay the deductible. But if he either a) admitted that he was wrong, or b) someone stopped to report he did, then he pays my deductible.
In a case like Ian's, there is no other person to go after so that person has to pay the deductible.

rhoidahl
08-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Yeah, when I looked at it later, I realized I was very unclear in what I was trying to say. So I took the posting down...