PDA

View Full Version : Peterson Museum in LA

chachee52
07-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Hey guys. While I'm stuck here at LAX because of all your tornadoes back east, I figured I'd give you a heads up about pics I will be posting the next few days (if I get home!!)
I was very intelectual during my vacation and talked Jen and her aunt and uncle into going to a museum that I picked out.
So we took a trip over the the Peterson Museum to check out a bunch of cars. I was very suprised but not one mustang!!
Also took a cruise down Rodeo Dr in a Rav4, that was interesting. Saw a Rolls Phamtom with a custom paint and a couple of Ferraris that were all decked out in race gear. Suprisingly, most of the cars down there were tour busses.
All and all it has been a great trip to wine county and nice wind down in LA. It's going to be a long work day tomorrow seeing that as of right now we won't be landing in Logan until after 10:30pm and i have a 11hr work day tomorrow.

390gtconv
07-08-2013, 03:28 PM
You're stuck there because of all your wild fire smoke!!

SVT10th
07-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Hey guys. While I'm stuck here at LAX because of all your tornadoes back east, I figured I'd give you a heads up about pics I will be posting the next few days (if I get home!!)
I was very intelectual during my vacation and talked Jen and her aunt and uncle into going to a museum that I picked out.
So we took a trip over the the Peterson Museum to check out a bunch of cars. I was very suprised but not one mustang!!
Also took a cruise down Rodeo Dr in a Rav4, that was interesting. Saw a Rolls Phamtom with a custom paint and a couple of Ferraris that were all decked out in race gear. Suprisingly, most of the cars down there were tour busses.
All and all it has been a great trip to wine county and nice wind down in LA. It's going to be a long work day tomorrow seeing that as of right now we won't be landing in Logan until after 10:30pm and i have a 11hr work day tomorrow.

So, you've been in Wine Country for a week, and you want sympathy for having to go back to work? You're funny.

TorchredSVT
07-09-2013, 09:21 AM
nice todd!! Glad you had a great trip, look forward to the pic's!!!!

chachee52
07-09-2013, 08:48 PM
So, you've been in Wine Country for a week, and you want sympathy for having to go back to work? You're funny.

Yup. It was a long day!! Didn't get to bed until 1am last night and it was a full day!! I want you crying for me man!

chachee52
07-09-2013, 09:29 PM
http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=10642096009/a=60741519_60741519/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Here you go. I tried to take pics of the car card so that I can remember what kind of car it was. Enjoy, I know I did!

fredfordguy
07-12-2013, 06:36 AM
I went to the "Pete" museum a few years ago,very impressive facility. Hope you are having a great time there Todd. Did you notice the smog there????

chachee52
07-12-2013, 06:47 AM
I went to the "Pete" museum a few years ago,very impressive facility. Hope you are having a great time there Todd. Did you notice the smog there????

I can't say there was much "smog" there. Ut was pretty foggy coming off the ocean though. The entire drive down the Pacific coast highway we couldn't see the ocean because of the fog. It was funny because as soon as the fog hit the rocks/road, it was gone!!
Next time we go out we want to hit "The Vault" at the Peterson and see what they have in the basement.

SVT10th
07-12-2013, 08:48 AM
http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=10642096009/a=60741519_60741519/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Here you go. I tried to take pics of the car card so that I can remember what kind of car it was. Enjoy, I know I did!

Dude, Snapfish requires you to sign up in order to view the files. How about using something "free" like Photobucket so everyone can access the pics?

ToplessPony94
07-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Dude, Snapfish requires you to sign up in order to view the files. How about using something "free" like Photobucket so everyone can access the pics?

Exactly. Once I saw the "You must join" screen, I just moved on to something else. I don't need yet another account and password to remember for a site I never use.

chachee52
07-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Sorry, didn't realize that. I usually use Photobucket but they just changed their design and its a PITA to upload a bunch of photos now. You have to upload one by one and I wasn't in the mood to do that to 130 photos!!!
I will see what i can do.
Sorry.

chachee52
07-14-2013, 06:13 PM
http://s213.photobucket.com/user/chachee52/library/Peterson%20Museum/Peterson%20Museum?sort=2&page=1

SVT10th
07-15-2013, 06:45 AM
Sorry, didn't realize that. I usually use Photobucket but they just changed their design and its a PITA to upload a bunch of photos now. You have to upload one by one and I wasn't in the mood to do that to 130 photos!!!
I will see what i can do.
Sorry.

When you are picking files to upload, click the first one you want to upload, then hold CTRL and click the last one. That will highlight all between first and last. Then click OK. It will add all of them to the upload list.

chachee52
07-15-2013, 08:17 AM
When you are picking files to upload, click the first one you want to upload, then hold CTRL and click the last one. That will highlight all between first and last. Then click OK. It will add all of them to the upload list.

Dude: Do you really think I'm that stupid?
Photobucket has changed the way they upload and that doesn't work. You have to download some "app" for a "backup program" and then do a bunch of things. It's really a PITA.

TorchredSVT
07-15-2013, 10:41 AM
mobile app is super easy to use......it works just like the facebook upload does...oh wait :)

chachee52
07-15-2013, 07:02 PM
mobile app is super easy to use......it works just like the facebook upload does...oh wait :)

I downloaded the moblile app too. It's also a PITA! Every time you take a pic with the phone it puts in on photobucket. I don't like it!!!!

SVT10th
07-15-2013, 10:10 PM
Photobucket has changed the way they upload and that doesn't work. You have to download some "app" for a "backup program" and then do a bunch of things. It's really a PITA.

No I don't -- which is why I was surprised you had trouble.
Just as a sanity check, I just tried it -- I was able to upload 15 pics in one operation without using the "app".
I saw the new app, but the old upload "button" is still there.

chachee52
07-16-2013, 08:01 AM
I was able to upload 15 pics in one operation without using the "app".
I saw the new app, but the old upload "button" is still there.

I have the upload button, but it's a "drag and drop" thing which I can't do. So I don't know if its because I have the netbook and it just doesn't have the right supporting software, but I can only do one by one with it and browse. It won't let me drag and drop or browse and select a bunch of pics.

TorchredSVT
07-16-2013, 09:20 AM
lol, your settings are messed up.....that definitely does not happen to me automatically. Based on what I am seeing in this thread, I think you are not a technologist :)

chachee52
07-16-2013, 08:30 PM
lol, your settings are messed up.....that definitely does not happen to me automatically. Based on what I am seeing in this thread, I think you are not a technologist :)

Actually I am the guy at work that fixes the computers. All the settings and on the web site are where they need to be. I have a Netbook with limited capabilities. Since Photobucket changed they way their web site works I have been unable to do the bulk photo upload. I'm sure that it's just the computer I use.

ToplessPony94
07-16-2013, 10:30 PM

Really? I was on there only a few days ago and I gould select all the files I wanted to upload in Windows Explorer and just drag the whole lot onto the photobucket album and they would all upload while I was doing something else. Did they get rid of that? (I'm away on vaca so I can't easily check that myself.) Are they that stupid?

chachee52
07-16-2013, 10:40 PM
Really? I was on there only a few days ago and I gould select all the files I wanted to upload in Windows Explorer and just drag the whole lot onto the photobucket album and they would all upload while I was doing something else. Did they get rid of that? (I'm away on vaca so I can't easily check that myself.) Are they that stupid?

look at my last post, it might be my computer's issue.

SVT10th
07-17-2013, 08:46 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/af/Blind_Leading_the_Blind_by_Lee_Mclaughlin.jpg/640px-Blind_Leading_the_Blind_by_Lee_Mclaughlin.jpg
Blind Leading The Blind

Does your work look anything like this?

:) :) :)

Actually I am the guy at work that fixes the computers. All the settings and on the web site are where they need to be. I have a Netbook with limited capabilities. Since Photobucket changed they way their web site works I have been unable to do the bulk photo upload. I'm sure that it's just the computer I use.

TorchredSVT
07-17-2013, 09:39 AM
baaahahahhah too funny

chachee52
07-17-2013, 07:25 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/af/Blind_Leading_the_Blind_by_Lee_Mclaughlin.jpg/640px-Blind_Leading_the_Blind_by_Lee_Mclaughlin.jpg
Blind Leading The Blind

Does your work look anything like this?

:) :) :)

You are officially banned from truffles

ToplessPony94
07-17-2013, 11:01 PM
look at my last post, it might be my computer's issue.

OK, I see it. Not sure why I didn't before, but the forum from a Droid with Chrome is a total PITA, and that's what I have here on vacation. :(

SVT10th
07-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Found a news article about Peterson. Apparently they're selling off a big chunk of their cars. Time to empty the retirement accounts, ladies and gentlemen!

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/07/peterson-museum-selling-off-13rd-of-collection-including-herbie-to-buy-motorcycles-french-classics/

chachee52
07-19-2013, 08:09 PM
hmmmmm, I should have taken a tour of the vault while I was there!!! Man :(